Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most shocking thing about Oklahoma is this was not a rebuild of a fired coach. This was the rare stable, well stocked, winning program that he stepped into, and it’s an absolute spectacle

He is a defensive coach and OK was never known for their defense. Irregardless, watching a big name like OK fall flat on their faces is strangely satisfying.

As a young fan, always hearing about the 90's. Not getting to witness 98..... This has been so special so fun, when the magic continues Saturday it will be unreal. My only wish is I hope I get to experience one of those games in Neyland.
For us old people.. It actual goes back further than that. From 1985 to 2007 Tennessee won the SEC title 5 times, the division 5 times went to bowl games every year except 88 and 05. Played for 2 national titles, won 1. Had 2 Heisman runner ups and was a fixture in the top 10 and 20. We owned UGA and Bama for a decade each. And from 95 thru 04 we were a legit national title contender.

Long story short... What we're seeing this season is the Tennessee football program I knew for the first half of my life.

And it makes me happy to see it again. Go Vols.

Last edited:
Saban doesn't respect us or TSiO. We have never beaten him as a Coach.

Just get that vibe regardless of Coach speak about every opponent.

We were so close to equalizing the W-L column 15 years ago..and then we hit dumpster fire...

Well...I want to beat Saban as much as AL.

Funny enough..we sent Spurrier to his FLA swan song and then get beat by Saban.

Time to move on Saban.

Practice hard play hard. (Teed up for @Glitch)

When the past coaches had soft practices to prevent injuries, then we had soft game performance by those players. The backups are not the huge drop off that they were. The entire team is improving.

I know that this is a day later, but I only heard the announcers say Ojulari’s name once during the game. I think that speaks volumes to our coaches and players preparation for opponents. Ojulari had 6 tackles. No hurries and no sacks. I don’t think that he even had a tackle for a loss.

Our OL gets to practice against our DL. Better than any opponent so far… fricking finally. Praise be to whoever snagged Coach Rodney Garner when he bacame available. Thanks goes out to Auburn for letting him go too…😎

I don't play golf.

100% we are playing with confidence and house money. They're dealing with the weight of expectations and doubt. Bama fans are sweating.
My best friend is a Georgia fan and he thinks UGA sucks. He was so mad about lethargic they looked yesterday. I was like 'you just breast your longest running rival by more than 4 TD's lol'.

The best thing about this alabama game is that its exactly 0 pressure. We already exceeded expectations, they are the ones with something to prove.
Yup.

And more reason to understand that the journey is better than the destination a lot of times.

So let's enjoy this. We've earned it.🍊

Even if he had picked up that fumble and run it for a TD, I don’t think we would have seen much of him after that. I know what he’ll be working in practice this week.
Plays like that are what can derail a season. I think Milton has improved...but I don't wanna find out how much against Bama, UGA and UK.

Saban doesn't respect us or TSiO. We have never beaten him as a Coach.

Just get that vibe regardless of Coach speak about every opponent.

We were so close to equalizing the W-L column 15 years ago..and then we hit dumpster fire...

Well...I want to beat Saban as much as AL.

Funny enough..we sent Spurrier to his FLA swan song and then get beat by Saban.

Time to move on Saban.
Beat him at LSU. Just once iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back