Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the legit #6 team in the country 18 games after going 3-7!
It makes no sense...if we end up 11-2 or 10-3 it will be one of the best pure coaching jobs I have ever seen.

It is one thing to know plays, schemes and plans, lots of great football minds can do that part...it is whole nother thing to be able to teach this roster full of misfit toys to execute at this high of a level....in 18 months.

There has been no major infusion of ELITE talent like Saban got his second year...Heupel and staff are working with pretty much what they inherited, plus a few players off of the portal scrap heap.

I wonder how that kid that spurned us for Texas at the last minute is feeling watching Bru blow up?

For us old people.. It actual goes back further than that. From 1985 to 2007 Tennessee won the SEC title 5 times, the division 5 times went to bowl games every year except 88 and 05. Played for 2 national titles, won 1. Had 2 Heisman runner ups and was a fixture in the top 10 and 20. We owned UGA and Bama for a decade each. And from 95 thru 04 we were a legit national title contender.

Long story short... What we're seeing this season is the Tennessee football program I knew for the first half of my life.

And it makes me happy to see it again. Go Vols.

I agree completely, except for one thing. We have NEVER had an offense that can play slide-rule football with the very best of them and outscore just about anyone. That is immensely gratifying to see for the first time.

When do the guest picker arguments start?

We are already behind the curve here. I think we were expected to lose to Floriduh because they used to have our number so they brought in somebody slightly obscure to about half the fanbase. This time they will bring Peyton and he will take over the show.

It makes no sense...if we end up 11-2 or 10-3 it will be one of the best pure coaching jobs I have ever seen.

It is one thing to know plays, schemes and plans, lots of great football minds can do that part...it is whole nother thing to be able to teach this roster full of misfit toys to execute at this high of a level....in 18 months.

There has been no major infusion of ELITE talent like Saban got his second year...Heupel and staff are working with pretty much what they inherited, plus a few players off of the portal scrap heap.

I wonder how that kid that spurned us for Texas at the last minute is feeling watching Bru blow up?

Pretty sure that kid that went to Texas is out for the year with a knee injury.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. . . even when we were loaded with talent like Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd, Barnett, etc, we were never a legitimate top10 team.

If I'm being honest, I thought we were a little over-ranked going into LSU. I guess I wasn't fully sold that we've overcome our roster issues so soon. I thought some of those deficiencies would show their ugly mug against LSU. . . The way we slaughtered LSU @ Death Valley changed my opinion. I'm on the "Tennessee is really good" train now.

The coaches and team honestly believe they are gonna win each game and they're preparing to do it every week. I don't think the majority of fans had that mindset. I do think many fans were on the "believe it when I see it" train. They've made a believer out of me, the way the just continue to find a way to win or dominate teams.

I'm all-in. I don't think there is a team in America who can out-scheme, out-execute, or out play our coaches and players. The only thing anyone can do at this point is out-talent us and our guys are showing that doesn't mean much.

15-0!

Go Vols!!!
If we had just any where near equal talent and talented depth to UGA and Bama, particularly on defense...

I really believe we would absolutely slaughter them both...on any field.

I can not wait to see the hell that Heupel unleashes on the SEC when he has talent like they do.

if this was an 8+ team playoff year, we'd be going. I've always said by '24-'25, can't believe it's a real possibility in '22!
I thought it would take 4-5 years to slowly dig out of that hole, it SHOULD have taken 4-5 years to really dig out of that hole...what they are doing is almost unbelievable 😳

A 2.5 magnitude earthquake hit Farragut about 2 hours ago so that’s clearly a sign we are going to kick Bama’s ass Saturday.
Been in 2 earthquakes, one 5.x when I lived in Knoxville and one 4.5 when I lived in San Francisco. The one in Knoxville was scary, lasted 30 seconds and stuff feel off the wall.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. . . even when we were loaded with talent like Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd, Barnett, etc, we were never a legitimate top10 team.

If I'm being honest, I thought we were a little over-ranked going into LSU. I guess I wasn't fully sold that we've overcome our roster issues so soon. I thought some of those deficiencies would show their ugly mug against LSU. . . The way we slaughtered LSU @ Death Valley changed my opinion. I'm on the "Tennessee is really good" train now.

The coaches and team honestly believe they are gonna win each game and they're preparing to do it every week. I don't think the majority of fans had that mindset. I do think many fans were on the "believe it when I see it" train. They've made a believer out of me, the way the just continue to find a way to win or dominate teams.

I'm all-in. I don't think there is a team in America who can out-scheme, out-execute, or out play our coaches and players. The only thing anyone can do at this point is out-talent us and our guys are showing that doesn't mean much.

15-0!

Go Vols!!!

I to was afraid that we may have gotten to #8 to fast. I was so hoping it wasn't fluff if you know what I am trying to say. I know we joke about 15-0 but for the first time in over 10 years I really feel like we can beat anyone on our schedule. That is an awesome feeling after the fiasco we had to endure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back