Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays like that are what can derail a season. I think Milton has improved...but I don't wanna find out how much against Bama, UGA and UK.
Yep. The whole issue of freshman typically not being ready to play pass pro is real. For us, it is absolutely critical. They need to block well to get on the field.

I had a buddy that was a GA in FBS. He told me that most of the PFF grades come from GA making some extra money. PFF has some training on how to grade each position on a play by play basis. So for a RB, they will check boxes for positive run, broken tackles, hitting the right hole, etc. On each play. Then, PFF’s algorithm takes the individual play data and builds the grade.

So take PFF grades with a grade of slaw.
They are absolutely horrible…. Can’t believe anyone takes them seriously.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So the investigation is over and the report is out and the Dolphins and the independent doctor both followed the protocols exactly as the rules are written. The doctor made an educated decision, based on the facts at the time where Tua showed no concussion symptoms at all, that the stumble was from his back injury that he was treated for earlier in the game. This educated decision is why the NFLPA fired him, not him actually breaking any protocols of the concussion rules implemented by the NFL and NFLPA. The NFL and Chief Medical Officer of the NFL said they urged the NFLPA not to fire him or even just wait until the investigation was over, but they didn’t. Idk if the independent doctor would have a case because wrongful termination cases vary by state and there could be something in his contract, but if I were that doctor I’d 100% be talking to lawyers right now to see if I had a case.

Absolutely terrible call and the last third down they threw a flag for holding which it wasn’t. Have them the game with two terrible calls on third down.
They missed a bad PI call in atl favor the play before that too. Just a horribly officiated last drive. But I'm pretty sure it's impossible to have roughing the passer unless the qb actually throws the ball or attempts to throw the ball. The rule is meant to protect someone who is passing or in a passing posture because they're especially vulnerable. Brady was just scrambling, not passing. That's some super shady stuff. Same ref who screwed up the inadvertent whistle call in the playoffs last year if I recall correctly.

Unnecessary Roughness

Brandon: Third Saturday in October. Knoxville, Tennessee. Look out.

Brandon: I'll say this about Alabama, Bryce Young better play this week. You can keep up with Haynes King, but I don't know if you can go up to Knoxville and keep up with Hendon Hooker.

Kayce: he must be a lot more injured than they're leading us to believe.

Brandon: Tennessee had a big day. They were already in the top 10 but there was a little bit of 'you're in the top 10 but you need to prove it to me. You beat Florida but didn't kill them, beat Pitt didn't kill them. You're kinda there but I'm not sure you're legit.' and they came out in Baton Rouge Louisiana and said [eff] you we're legit and they *stuck it* I mean they *stuck it* to LSU. 40-13 the game was never in question. That is what a top 10 team does to a team in flux like LSU, and Tennessee looked like a top tier team for the first time in a decade, maybe more than a decade. That's what they looked like.

Kayce: not only did they look like *that team*, Hendon Hooker is *that guy*. They had the bye week last week, but the game before that that he had against Florida, where everybody was saying hey maybe that's a heisman moment. They had an extra week to prepare to go to LSU, and I know it was an 11am kick vs playing at night, but still playing in Death Valley is no joke. This Tennessee offense is un-be-lievable. They are so good. And I know we'll talk about Georgia and I know we'll talk about the overall landscape of college football. When I said that Tennessee was gonna be the 2nd place team in the East - in my head, we know UGA's gonna win the SEC East and go to Atlanta, but Tennessee will take that next step and be the second best team. I'm not anywhere near being ready to say that Tennessee could not beat the [💩] out of Georgia if they continue to play this way.

Brandon: you can't say with certainty that they won't win [against Bama]

Kayce: what's stopping this Tennessee team from winning every game on their schedule if Hendon Hooker and this offense continue playing this way?

Brandon: their defense has to prove they can play at an elite level. They were probably the best they've been all year against LSU. I am not taking anything away from Tennessee because they came into Baton Rouge Louisiana, and I don't care what time the game is played and what LSU's record is, I don't care who the coach or quarterback is. You go into Baton Rouge and you win a game by 27, you have accomplished a great deal in college football. This is Tennessee's biggest win in a long time, and this sets up for the biggest Tennessee game in at least two decades. Tennessee will be the belle of the ball this week as they get ready for the huge game against Alabama.

Kayce: they held LSU to 55 yards on the ground. After seeing Alabama's offense without Bryce Young. The defense played pretty well.

Brandon: they played good defense. They showed elite tendencies. That second TD pass that Hooker threw, the 45 yarder, you can't throw a prettier ball than that, and it was right when they needed a play like that. They look like an elite football team in year 2. Good for them.

Kayce: we have given Big T a ton of 💩 over the years about Tennessee. We called him the crazy delusional Tennessee fan. We owe it to him to come in here and talk to us about this Alabama game.

Katie: Tennessee did this without Cedric Tillman.

Brandon: I don't know how Heupel did it so quickly but they've got just weapon after weapon. They've got Hyatt they've got McCoy. They've got a bunch of receivers and a bunch of weapons and Hendon Hooker is fantastic, so good for them.

Jack: Squirrel.

Brandon: Squirrel!

Kayce: have you heard why his name is Squirrel? His great grandmother, and if your great grandmother gives you a nickname it's a legacy for sure. He was running around in the backyard as a child at the same pace as a squirrel.

Brandon: that guy was always going to be a division 1 football player

Last edited:
Contain Gibbs and the QB as much as possible, which will be very difficult. Figure out a way to get pressure on the QB, whoever is back there, or they will light our secondary up and pass for 300+....
Hopefully Tillman is full go or at least 80% so that they have to factor him in... Our O line has to play Lights Out. Small has to hit the holes with speed and quit dancin/waiting... Hooker needs to keep throws down and factor in their speed on defense. Less running up the middle, instead incorporate some run plays in space...
Hooker will have to use his legs once again...
We do a good job at this and we will get the W and the upset and it will feel amazing!! GBO!!

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
So the investigation is over and the report is out and the Dolphins and the independent doctor both followed the protocols exactly as the rules are written. The doctor made an educated decision, based on the facts at the time where Tua showed no concussion symptoms at all, that the stumble was from his back injury that he was treated for earlier in the game. This educated decision is why the NFLPA fired him, not him actually breaking any protocols of the concussion rules implemented by the NFL and NFLPA. The NFL and Chief Medical Officer of the NFL said they urged the NFLPA not to fire him or even just wait until the investigation was over, but they didn’t. Idk if the independent doctor would have a case because wrongful termination cases vary by state and there could be something in his contract, but if I were that doctor I’d 100% be talking to lawyers right now to see if I had a case.

Atrocious handling by the media and NFLPA. Neither of which are a surprise.

I just got home after a long day of helping my dad split and stack firewood and sweating my balls off. Took a nice hot shower and I’m laying on the couch catching up on VN, watching all these videos of experts talking about the game and Tennessee in the matchup coming up next week vs Bama, seeing all the tweets about how good we are…And it’s bringing tears to my eyes.

What we’ve been through and where we are right now. College game day coming back for the second time this year and Bama looking bad last night against Texas A&M. We’re a possible playoff team?!

Just unbelievable where we are right now in year two under Josh Heupel. It’s gonna be tough this week to focus on anything else besides Tennessee football. GO VOLS!!!!
It’s been awhile but this is what we wanted
Don’t bring any of that bvs up here this week, this is what’s it’s supposed to be like being a Vol fan
Play physical defense again, win special teams and have the fireworks loaded!!!!!!

Gameday back again …..
Sec nation coming……
All eyes on Knoxville again
Couldn’t Be any happier
Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring your best cigar and be ready to fire it up while we’re singing rocky top!!!!!!!!

Current top 10 teams and how many (at this point) ranked opponents they will have played by season's end. Literally 50% of our schedule is ranked. Michigan and USC...17% 🙄

UT - 6
Bama - 5
UGA - 4
Ole Miss - 4
Ohio St - 3
Ok St - 3
Clemson - 3
Michigan - 2
Penn St - 2
USC - 2
We should be ranked at least top 3 right now. We're the only team to play 3 and to BEAT 3 top 25 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back