Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Audible

Stewart: Bama goes to Tennessee in a rivalry that they have won 15 straight times. I don't remember the last time that people thought Tennessee had a realistic chance. Do you think Tennessee has a realistic chance?

Bruce: I do. I talked to one of the LSU coaches the night before the game. Friday night getting ready for the game. And this coach was like "that [Tennessee] defense is way better than people realize." We've talked a bunch about Hendon Hooker and that offense. Even without Cedric Tillman they are very explosive. Their defense is really good.

I would say - people thought the 2009 team, led by Kiffin, was gonna get smashed and they kept it down to the wire. Now that team had Eric berry and a few other high draft picks, but they didn't have an offense like this. He ended up getting his QB to play a lot better through the year, but not like this.

It's been so long since Tennessee and Alabama matched up. Tennessee looks like they're playing with a ton of confidence, they're a fun team to watch. If Bryce Young is back I think it's different. Alabama ran for like 300 yards against A&M, who had like 70. The biggest gap was that one team had 4 turnovers and the other team had only one. That was the difference. If you can't take care of the ball then all bets are off.

You and I were in Austin for the Texas Alabama game. When Quinn Ewers was healthy in the first half there were some big plays. I think Tennessee has a better passing game than Texas, even without Tillman. They have a real high powered offense. I can't wait to see that game.

Stew: to me, if this were the only scare that Alabama has had, you'd say ok they'll get BY back, and based on some of Saban's postgame comments I think they will. We watched Alabama *with* BY go to Texas and get taken down to the wire. That was also a game where they really struggled with the crowd noise. However loud Texas was that day, Neyland will be louder I can guarantee it.

Bruce: Arkansas had that game close, and then they blew it back open. If BY is not ready to go... if I told you that BY was not available in Knoxville who would you pick.

Stew: I would pick Alabama because i don't think it's wise to ever pick against Alabama, but I will fully admit that it would be very uncertain. The thing about Alabama that we have to remember - they have the number two defense in the country. Will Anderson was credited with 8 QB hurries. To me Hendon Hooker should be the heisman favorite, but this is by far the best defense that he's faced. Hendon Hooker is not going to destroy the Alabama defense, if he does just hand him the trophy right there. Now I don't think Alabama will just hold them to 14 or something so they'll have to have a capable offense, which means they will have to have BY.

Bruce: [more about A&M and that game]

Stew: we haven't even talked about this - Tennessee went down to LSU and they just crushed them. There was an Alabama Tennessee game in 2016 where both teams were in the top 10. Tennessee had lost the week before, it was Butch Jones, I don't remember having any confidence in Tennessee. It's been a long time since Tennessee has inspired the kind of confidence that they have right now. They've got a shot.

Hey, someone may have posted this, but we need to give a shout out to Will Brooks. Brooks is # 35 and he recovered the opening kickoff muff. He did a great job keeping his feet in bounds as he fell out of bounds. He has played really well on Special Teams and he helped kick start a big win.

Young will definitely start for Bama Saturday but I think he’ll be fragile, and I think we’ll dial up some pressure and hit him. I don’t think it’ll take much to sideline him again, and if they have to go to the backup well, I think we all know how that ends. I believe we’ve got a real good chance to win this game. We are going to be insufferable if we end up being 6-0 after next weekend. GO VOLS

If he plays, they will be very cautious with him. He never really had designed runs but he can use his feet. They will not want him doing that unless he knows he can avoid hits. I hope we see more of what we saw against Pitt with the defense. He’s fragile and won’t want to run to avoid hits so bring the pressure.

I agree

He was dressed yesterday but he didn’t go through warm ups at all. Didnt do a thing. Once he lands on that shoulder one time its gonna hurt like hell. Those AC Joints take some time.
Bama has been in 2 close games this year, luckily pulling them out. If our game is close I think Bamas luck runs out and goes home with the L. I like our chances

Last edited:
“Cool story bro” moment for y’all but this week is exciting to me for an additional reason beyond the game: “Halloween Ends” premieres on Friday and I filmed for three days on it (two in January and one in June). I don’t know if I’ll be visible or if my scenes even made it in (two of them I know for sure did but again, don’t know if I’ll be visible), but there’s a sneak peek here in town Thursday night and I’m gonna go see it. I didn’t speak or anything (just extras roles), but it’s my favorite horror franchise and I was thrilled to get to work on it. Maybe my moran mug will make it onto the big screen!

Young will definitely start for Bama Saturday but I think he’ll be fragile, and I think we’ll dial up some pressure and hit him. I don’t think it’ll take much to sideline him again, and if they have to go to the backup well, I think we all know how that ends. I believe we’ve got a real good chance to win this game. We are going to be insufferable if we end up being 6-0 after next weekend. GO VOLS

His injury requires 2 to 4 weeks for recovery..he sprained his AC joint on his throwing arm..I highly doubt it..we need a Doctor in here to confirm @VOLSONLY

He was the guest on Barstool for the UF game. Maybe GameDay choses him. I didn't mind the girl they chose last time, I just figured they'd get a more popular person. Would be awesome to see Dolly up there.
They won’t pick the same person 2x. I think Tony V makes all the sense in the world

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back