Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man said he'd been drinking with friends that live in the complex Sunday afternoon. He told authorities he stepped away to get something from a vehicle and when he headed back he went to the wrong building, the warrant states.
He went to what he thought was his friend's building on the top floor and knocked on the door but no one answered. He then opened the unlocked door and went inside.
"Mr. Spencer then stated that he immediately realized that he had entered the wrong apartment and apologized before closing the door and began walking back towards the stairs in the common area. Mr. Spencer said that an unknown male pursued him out of the apartment and started getting aggressive."
As he was walking away, he heard footsteps behind him. He turned around and the male punched him in the face.
"He fell backwards down the stairs and lost consciousness," the warrant states.
When he came to, another male and a female who turned out to be McCullough's girlfriend were trying to help him to his feet.
Police were called.

Charges should be dropped. A drunk walks into your home and the outcome is a hit to the mouth?.

N52USQM6QJCORBFDLPNX5G4E6U.png

144ckn.gif

Forever? Only kids I met in college who cared about sports at all were in frats.
Not accurate at all by my experience at UT. We had a student section group between 30-60 on any given Saturday of entirely non-Greek students. In my experience, when the team is good then 70-80% of undergrads care.

Still no need for the assault, but also, under the circumstances, no reason for charges, IMO.

I agree to a extent, we don’t know what words was exchanged before he left the apartment. We don’t know exactly how long he was in the apartment either.

A legal team will destroy that police report though. The victim stated he was too drunk to remember where he was and went into the wrong apartment but proceeded to remember everything about the altercation?

I agree to a extent, we don’t know what words was exchanged before he left the apartment. We don’t know exactly how long he was in the apartment either.

A legal team will destroy that police report though. The victim stated he was too drunk to remember where he was and went into the wrong apartment but proceeded to remember everything about the altercation?

That's fair. I'm just going off what was said. I also lean more towards talking first before throwing fists. But that in no way negates that the drunk initiated the situation. Jaylen thought he was protecting his property. No charges are warranted, IMO, unless the drunk was seriously hurt, which it doesn't sound like he was. And if he were, even then the situation would warrant more investigation.

Hopefully when all the facts are presented, charges are dropped and Jaylen plays.

That's fair. I'm just going off what was said. I also lean more towards talking first before throwing fists. But that in no way negates that the drunk initiated the situation. Jaylen thought he was protecting his property. No charges are warranted, IMO, unless the drunk was seriously hurt, which it doesn't sound like he was. And if he were, even then the situation would warrant more investigation.

Hopefully when all the facts are presented, charges are dropped and Jaylen plays.

One thing is for certain, due to the location of the incident he is extremely lucky that he walked into Jaylens home.

I don't think there's any way for that to get clarified in time. It sounds like ultimately it will amount to nothing but given the timing, it's unfortunate as hell for us. As for charges... Someone almost always gets charged when police are called. For all we know, they called to report a break in and police arrived and heard dude say he got punched out and it went from there. But police don't walk away without filing charges very often. If you call them someone's very likely going to jail.

Since this is the second time GameDay will be in Knoxville this season, I think they should have two guest pickers. Peyton and someone else. Maybe Peyton and Dolly. Maybe Peyton and Candace. Maybe Peyton and TV. But Peyton has demonstrated his ability to riff so pair him with someone.

Since this is the second time GameDay will be in Knoxville this season, I think they should have two guest pickers. Peyton and someone else. Maybe Peyton and Dolly. Maybe Peyton and Candace. Maybe Peyton and TV. But Peyton has demonstrated his ability to riff so pair him with someone.

Has Peyton made his way to a game this year?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back