Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Then let's stop making criminals the victim.

If things went down as stated, and the drunk kid was followed outside and assaulted, then the UT football player is a criminal and should be charged.

I'm not sure of the criminal intent of opening a door that you think is the apartment that you just left, apologizing, and leaving. (Remember, we're arguing the assumption that the statement as reported is true.)

My son and daughter-in-law moved into an apartment complex last year. Soon after they moved in, my wife and I went to visit and knocked on the wrong door. Repeatedly. Until a scared couple of older ladies cracked the door behind a chain and asked if they could help us. I apologized profusely. They laughed and said, "You want the white kids upstairs. Seem like nice kids." I said they are and asked them to keep an eye on them for us.

Similar mistake. No harm. No foul.

I'm not sure I'd equate a drunk kid going into the wrong apartment, apologizing and leaving as "making a criminal the victim".

It's a similar mistake as is made all the time in apartment complexes. It's not breaking and entering. And it's not a peeping Tom.

It's a stupid kid.

So, if he's leaving and a UT football player actually did follow him to the landing and punch him down the stairs, committing felonious bodily injury--no matter if the drunk kid inferred he was being a dick--then it's much more of a criminal behavior than being drunk and bad with directions.
I don't see how knocking on the wrong door and waiting for an answer is similar to letting yourself in someone else's home.

This is weird. If someone random guy walked in my apartment and said some dumb stuff while being drunk, I would throw hands too. Not Tanks fault if someone walks into his apartment and something happens.
Yes where is the B&E or trespassing charge? How about the causality of it all? Don't get it.

Please don't try to tayze me.
R.c122bdec2b2a5d7fa73a7bd2813de819

Neeedzzz Tillman and Mincey back for Saturday... Neeedzzz.

Hopefully this isn't taken wrong...but crazily our offense has looked better vs UF and LSU than before.

Now...it could just be natural progression. There is zero argument that our rushing game, both RBs and HH (as well as the OL) just looks soo improved over the first couple games. HH has also been much sharper minus his post-wrecked series vs LSU.

Clearly Tillman makes us better. BUT I just hope the team (Heupel, HH, overall scheme) continues to distribute the ball. I'm not sure about the Pitt offensive strategy. Lots of Tillman, but not a lot else. Imo we are at our best when we spread it around AND Bru, Hyatt, Keyton, etc. have absolutely proven themselves and then some.

Can't just lock in to 1 guy vs great defenses. Gotta go after DB3, DB4, etc too. Even these defenses fall off down the depth chart vs our elite scheme and great receivers.

I have to admit my BVS kicked in before the lsu game. I knew something would happen and the downward spiral would begin. But after that game i have to say that i am officially BVS-FREE and by golly: It feels like ‘98!
The Vols will whoop bama and make it look easy!
GOVOLS🍊
Tear down the goalposts and light the firworks!
WGWTFA
15-0 baby!

"Let’s just say this up front: the Volunteers should be favored. For the early line to favor ‘Bama by more than a touchdown is a nod to history, consistency and the assumption that Bryce Young will be 100% Saturday—but it doesn’t take into account which team has played better over the course of this season. The opportunity hasn’t been this ripe for Tennessee in the 21st century. The last time the Vols were undefeated going into the Alabama game was 1998, when they won their last national championship." College football Week 7 features loaded game schedule - Sports Illustrated
I just hope we haven't risen too high-too fast. I love this team, and barring a major collapse we will have far outstripped my expectations.

The media will twist a loss into something it isn't...some kind of program defining thing when we shouldn't even be in this position. We are not supposed to be this good with this roster, as I said the other day...it makes no sense.

We need recruiting to boil over, to get white hot and stay that way for years. I don't wanna hear the "overhyped"..."Same old loser Tennessee" garbage that I know a ton of the hacks are salivating at getting the chance to scream from the rooftops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back