Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to be very careful with this, but after 17 years as an attorney, the affidavits and any reports are never really the full story. Sometimes it’s worse, sometimes it’s better. There are two sides of a situation like this. I know this is a message board, but I would caution folks to speculate.

So, you're saying we should speculate?

Georgia FB page I ran across.. how long has it been since we've had both Bama & GA fans worried bout us?! Man it feels good & its only yr 2 folks..

Also long time viewer.. finally made an acct to post this! Lol
I must say it’s nice being feared by two SEC powerhouses than the one fearing and dread playing the power houses..I chose us with confidence to beat Bama..Been a long time since I’ve done that.
🙌🎉🏈🍊🧡

I read an article about a drunk that was killed because someone punched him outside a bar. When the drunk was punched, he fell and hit his head on concrete steps. I'm sure the guy wasn't trying to kill him but he did. Drunks say stupid sh*t and sober people get offended
1665415717864.gif

I have to admit my BVS kicked in before the lsu game. I knew something would happen and the downward spiral would begin. But after that game i have to say that i am officially BVS-FREE and by golly: It feels like ‘98!
The Vols will whoop bama and make it look easy!
GOVOLS🍊
Tear down the goalposts and light the firworks!
WGWTFA
15-0 baby!

Careful, let's be a little more level headed and hope we can maintain the trajectory we have been on even though we will be playing against a roster significantly more physically gifted across the board than ours. That is how upsets happen. A few bounces, a few breaks good or bad, and a few whistles can change a game, the outcome for sure. Just hoping they maintain their composure when adversity hits, and keep the concentration levels up and execute at a high clip on both sides of the ball. Then go from there.

Getting cocky just postures one for instant relapses of BVS. We all know that our fanbase has some of THOSE GUYS too, just don't follow them and life can get better, just maybe not near instantly.

Doesn't sound good. Just shows how fast your life can change in a split second with one bad decision while angered. Can happen to anyone. I do hope their is more to this and he doesn't get kicked off the team.

Isn't that the truth. One bizarre incident triggers another. Nobody wants him off the team. He's not a troublemaker; he's a SR team captain who mentors the younger guys. His attorney and UT admin are trying to piece together the sequence of events and get the full story. Obviously, timing is a big issue, it's a sensitive case and the media is all over it, so the university is proceeding with purpose and caution.

Okay, if the poor little drunk boy just happened to walk in the wrong apartment and did nothing more than ask for forgiveness for his mistake then the big bad football player followed him outside just so he could beat on the closest person available then he is most definitely a victim. You really are assuming a lot. Mostly based on your personal experiences and that football players are over protected. The UT football player was charged as a criminal because it took place outside the apartment. Hopefully, the judge will take into consideration what actually happened that we know nothing about. Meanwhile, I do not have any sympathy for the irresponsible person that got so drunk he didn’t know where he was at especially if there is way more to the story. And the law that makes a criminal of a man that protects his property because it’s outside his door needs to be examined…doesn’t matter what happened in this case.
Bingo

I just hope we haven't risen too high-too fast. I love this team, and barring a major collapse we will have far outstripped my expectations.

The media will twist a loss into something it isn't...some kind of program defining thing when we shouldn't even be in this position. We are not supposed to be this good with this roster, as I said the other day...it makes no sense.

We need recruiting to boil over, to get white hot and stay that way for years. I don't wanna hear the "overhyped"..."Same old loser Tennessee" garbage that I know a ton of the hacks are salivating at getting the chance to scream from the rooftops.
My opinion is we need to ignore what the media says in either direction. They're frontrunners who never pay a price for being wrong. We're sexy so they're throwing eyes our way, but they'll shut us out the minute we stumble. Ignore 'em. I think this team and this staff do. There's something different about this bunch.

Hendon is up on him by 36 yards per game. 326 vs 290.

CJS 24/3 total tds vs picks (6 games)
HH is at 13/0 (5 games)

That said HH has played twice the schedule thus far.

Stroud's best opponent (and lone P5 opponent with a winning record) was ND who they only scored 21 against. Meanwhile our P5 opponents, all ranked, have a combined 12-6 record and half of their losses are against...us.

Not saying Stroud may not be in the lead at this point, but it's not some crazy gap either.
Amd those stats would be a lot closer if Hooker hadn't been pulled way early against the scrubs and Heup would call plays to let him pile up stats against the scrubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back