Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think by selling out with that package they're challenging us to beat them on the ground, like we challenged Florida to beat us through the air. They're betting HT and their LBs/S will be able to stuff our running game. They may be the only team that has the personnel to try this because of Anderson and Turner. Interested to see how Heupel gets around it and if Hooker/Small will be able to hit big runs consistently.

We're going to HAVE to have success early on the ground to force Bama out of Cheetah.
I think this is part Coach talk and true. I think Saban is playing a little head game with this release to get CJH thinking. I trust that CJH will have the players ready. I would love to see the CJH out coach Saban in this game with less talent. I still think we get our 34 to 40 points on the board will it be enough. Texas A&M offense is average and they had Alabama on the ropes after they figured it out.
This game is going to come down to the wire and if it does I have Tennessee winning. If our defense plays above average then we win...

My guess is BY will do what he did last week. He will dress, warm up, and sit on the sideline to see if he's needed.

Bama's goal isn't to go 12-0, it's to win the 16th game of the season. If he doesn't feel 100% confident I don't see him going out. I'd almost rather face a BY that is afraid the next big throw or hit could reinjure his shoulder than see if the Freshman can do his best Anthony Richardson impression.

Banks seems to me to be more of a team guy who's grown and improved every year.
Toto looks like the same player he was when he was a Freshman here.

I don't remember HT being as boneheaded as I've seen him be at BAMA. He has made some really stupid plays and some that were borderline dirty since going there. Then again, we didn't see him very long in orange.

If someone of the talent of Jahmir Gibbs or Zach Evans comes to Tennessee, he's the starter. Day 1. Period. Not even close. Starters get beat out when better talent comes along. Going into the 1992 season, James Stewart and Aaron Hayden (two future NFL RBs) were the returning #1 and #2 RBs. That didn't stop Charlie Garner from coming in from JUCO and taking the #1 spot. Because he was better.

If that type of talent isn't out there (and I don't know if it is), that's one thing. There's no need to pursue a guy who isn't going to come in and compete to start right away...just sign another freshman or save the spot. But the talent not being out there is an altogether different thing than saying that type of talent isn't coming to Tennessee because a guy who isn't going to play pro football is currently the starter.
First off, Jabari Small will get a chance to make a NFL roster. Secondly, it's not just about raw talent if you want to start here. Jabari knows this offense in and out. He will only get bigger and stronger in the off season. Someone might have been able to come in this year and take over, but not next year. They would have to learn the offense and earn the trust of the coaching staff. Jabari has already done those things.

I don’t understand this line of thinking. I hope BY is out. And if the excuses fly just say they would have a loss if Ewers plays the whole Texas game. This is football and part of it.

You may not understand it but that’s how competitors think. Not that whoever posted is a competitor in this game, but the best want to prove they’re the best by beating the best at their best nahsayin?

So, what a coincidence that we’ve been talking about the JM and a random guy entering your apartment scenario. My dad is visiting my house this week and he went out to get some groceries. When he came back he parked in the driveway of what he thought was my house and went up to the door and opened it and started to walk in and then realized it was the wrong place once he saw the inside. It’s all new construction in my neighborhood and the house was the same model, slightly different paint scheme and had a similar white SUV in the driveway. Luckily he got back in the car and went up two driveways to my house and no one ever confronted him. They did have a Ring doorbell though so I’m sure they will get a laugh out of that and then also start maybe locking their doors.

Tell your dad that he shouldn't shouldn't drinking and driving.

giphy.gif

I don’t understand this line of thinking. I hope BY is out. And if the excuses fly just say they would have a loss if Ewers plays the whole Texas game. This is football and part of it.
I can see either way. Hell, ain't going to mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back