Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beating Bama would be huge, but I’d take a close L if it means we beat Georgia and get to Atlanta.

I feel good about our chances though to win out. The improvement we continue to make from game to game (especially on D) has been great.
I'll take the playoffs over Atlanta.

Beat Bama and go 11-1 and we skip straight to the playoffs.

Though I say we just go and beat both.

Lady Vols projected 1-seed in the NCAA tournament. It's early, but that's high praise.
Just like the 90s.

Except men's basketball is great too go along with football, lady vols, and baseball.

The UT AD is pretty much the best at the big 4 sports right now and it isn't close.

Imagine telling someone that fact in 2017 😳😳

First off, Jabari Small will get a chance to make a NFL roster. Secondly, it's not just about raw talent if you want to start here. Jabari knows this offense in and out. He will only get bigger and stronger in the off season. Someone might have been able to come in this year and take over, but not next year. They would have to learn the offense and earn the trust of the coaching staff. Jabari has already done those things.
I have nothing against Small and much of what you said is true. And if UT had someone of the caliber of Gibbs... he's #1. Small is a good #2 type of RB. Nothing wrong with that but he's just not "great" in any way. He's not a power back. He does not possess elite vision or cutting ability. He doesn't have top end speed. He's good at everything but not great at anything.

Shoot. Even on this roster, if Wright could stop fumbling he'd be the best RB on the roster. Sampson is probably a better runner than either but his mistake vs LSU almost got Hooker broken in two. He can't make those mistakes.

Does anyone else get giddy when reading opposing UGA, Bama, etc fans saying they are worried about UT being “back”?

I love it because they SHOULD be worried.

Newer CFB fans might look at us as the scrappy upstart—our program’s trajectory mirroring the hero’s journey—but we aren’t the young hero. We are that thing held under lock and key that the more experienced only mention by name in hushed whispers. We are the villain. We always have been. We are Thanos, waiting to snap the current CFB landscape out of existence.

I can’t wait for all these people that don’t know Tennessee to learn to fear the orange.

I bet Walter Nolen is regretting that he picked A&M over the home state school.
If he feels like entering the transfer portal, I guess we could consider trying to make room for him. He better hurry though. Our classes are getting ready to fill up quickly.

Reactions: dtnvol

Heard that on ESPNU radio (Sirius) today on my lunch break. They quoted him out of nowhere.

They have NOT stopped talking about us the last 2 weeks. Playing Rocky Top every time I turn it on. Also learned the lady on the Sirius show is married to a former UT tennis player that raised their son a Vol 😅 She went to the UT game and brought him in a Peyton jersey and he got to meet Hendon.

People love it when the Big Orange are back!! They didn't realize it, but they missed us 😆

Does anyone else get giddy when reading opposing UGA, Bama, etc fans saying they are worried about UT being “back”?

I love it because they SHOULD be worried.

Newer CFB fans might look at us as the scrappy upstart—our program’s trajectory mirroring the hero’s journey—but we aren’t the young hero. We are that thing held under lock and key that the more experienced only mention by name in hushed whispers. We are the villain. We always have been. We are Thanos, waiting to snap the current CFB landscape out of existence.

I can’t wait for all these people that don’t know Tennessee to learn to fear the orange.
An entire generation of youngsters about to learn

That troll account that posted Danny White was having extra goal posts built got Jared Stillman on 102.5 The Game. He went on a rant about it lol Later in the show he walked back a bit. I think he realized he got had.
Not surprising because he is an idiot.

Reactions: ugg
I have nothing against Small and much of what you said is true. And if UT had someone of the caliber of Gibbs... he's #1. Small is a good #2 type of RB. Nothing wrong with that but he's just not "great" in any way. He's not a power back. He does not possess elite vision or cutting ability. He doesn't have top end speed. He's good at everything but not great at anything.

Shoot. Even on this roster, if Wright could stop fumbling he'd be the best RB on the roster. Sampson is probably a better runner than either but his mistake vs LSU almost got Hooker broken in two. He can't make those mistakes.

Exactly. I’m not even sure Small will be ahead of Wright and/or Sampson in 2023. He sure as hell wouldn’t beat out a Gibbs or Evans type talent if it’s available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back