Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive, yet the average high school teacher salary in Spartanburg is $50k. Range $34k-69k.

Not dogging on Dorman at all, just the overall trend of investing in the material rather than investing in the instructors. And then those salaries not really keeping up with inflation or added BS that comes with the job every year. Sucks for teachers.
The school budget does not pay for ultra nice athletic facilities. That kind of athletic money comes from boosters for the specific purpose of athletics. The school can't just take that money and give it to teachers. You can fault the boosters for bad priorities, but not the school.

Alabama fan absolutely roasting VolNation posters for 10 minutes. He especially ripped @drvenner

I am honored. My comment was tongue in cheek, but that's all good. I do not believe we make the playoffs this year. If we happen to, you can bet that I will be posting on that dude's page.

I am honored. My comment was tongue in cheek, but that's all good. I do not believe we make the playoffs this year. If we happen to, you can bet that I will be posting on that dude's page.
@frank should sue him for stealing VN content.

And the bastich didn't even mention me.

Yep they’ve held steadfast in keeping it that way. Baseball still uses real grass and dirt too.
View attachment 482618

Dorman is a weird case. They kind of remind me of the Yankees in the last decade. The AD has all the money in the world. There’s 4 basketball gyms, 2 being full arenas. 9th grade has their own:
View attachment 482612

Varsity has their own:
View attachment 482614

as well as 2 practice courts.

The football team has a FCS level weight room:
View attachment 482616

As well football stadium, even a 30’x30’ Jumbotron shown previously.

What do they have to show for it? Nothing. Dorman’s last state championship was in 2009. They’ve made it to the championship game several times (2010, 2015, 2017, 2018), but Byrnes (Corey Miller, Marcus Lattimore alma mater) beat them once and Dutch Fork (Jalin Hyatt’s alma mater) beat them the other three times.

however, the basketball team won state four straight times in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Private school, boosters, or wasted tax dollars?

Alabama fan absolutely roasting VolNation posters for 10 minutes. He especially ripped @drvenner

Haha what a dumb video. Acting like one fan base is overly obnoxious and disrespectful and others aren’t is just one of the dumbest ***** I have heard from another fanbase. Every fanbase has comments and “fans” just like this.

It’s like the equivalent of saying “They are paying players! We don’t pay players they commit to us because they love the school!” I get loving your school and team.. but don’t be naive.

I think we'd need a huge rash of injuries to finish 5-7 this year. I'm still at 8-4. There will always be some level of adversity on the roster (injuries, players quitting midseason, etc.) and our depth is not great, which will keep us from hitting the best case scenario. But I think our offensive style will get us wins against the teams we should beat and our defense will be good enough to help us capture a few extra Ws along the way. Should be a fun year and I look forward to it getting started.

Injury to Hooker could lead to a 5-7 season.

Reactions: berryvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back