Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I'm surprised youre this underwhelmed by Small.

Jabari :
- makes people miss in the open field
- catches the ball cleanly
- faster than people think. Had that LSU safety not been the last defender 10 yards ahead, he was going to out run their other defenders for an 83 yard TD.
- runs with great pad level and leg drive.
- takes care of the football

Small has played 4 whole games an has 300 yards rushing with about 50 receiving.
He's going to have probably over 1,200 total yards of offense and 10 TDs. by seasons end.

Wright doesn't run with good leg drive, he can't make people miss really.
He's like a smaller Darren McFadden
@LittleVol.... this is off topic, but you were right about Joshua Josephs. He's earned the snaps that he's receiving, but the kid is a straight baller off the edge. Good call on that one.

Once again, Vol brethren, please don’t post anything from this guy. He has been outed as a fake media member and a troll. Nothing he says is true. Thanx.
I'm good. His tweets can be funny to me. My favorite is still the Crouch vs Marquez Calloway wrestling videos.

Even better to watch the responses 😅🤣

"Outed as a fake media member" 😆 C'mon his bio literally says "#1 breaking sports news reporter in South Knoxville" 😂 It's a joke.

Super impressed with he and Hyatt stepping up the plate and becoming crucial reasons why are 5-0. I was critical of them both. It’s almost like they have good coaches. Forgive me, not used to that.
I said before the season started that 10+ wins hinged upon Hooker and Young taking their game to another level. So far, they have. Now comes the real tests...can they take it to ANOTHER level.

Games like these are for GREAT/ELITE players. Players do one of two things under these bright of lights, they either shine or wilt. It's what I've admired the most about Saban/Bama throughout their run, as sick as it makes me to say it...in these games, they do not wilt, they shine. How many times have they embraced these type of challenges/games...many more times than not. Are we ready to do that?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Rat poison
Maybe this is more your speed then lol Roddy Jones calls Tennessee’s offense a pretender against Alabama

Roddy Jones is not a buyer of the Tennessee offense this week against Alabama, and on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” called the Vols a “pretender” during a segment with Matt Barrie.

It’s not to say the Vols don’t have a good offense, and won’t have success, but Jones said the Vols are about to see a defense they haven’t faced yet this season.

“I just think Tennessee is about to see a defense the likes of which they haven’t seen yet this year,” Jones said. “Alabama did a great job against this crew last year, held Tennessee to its lowest output offensively of the season. And that defensive line is different from what they’ve faced so far this year.”

Jones said Tennessee did a great job in the run game last week against LSU, but, “That’s not going to happen against Alabama.”

Jones also noted that Hendon Hooker and the Tennessee receivers were not in sync last week, and Cedric Tillman, even if he plays, will not be at full strength while recovering from an ankle injury.

Bama Offense vs Tennessee Defense

How good really is Bama's offense?

Bama Passing:
  • Bama OL allows 0.15 sacks and QBH's per attempt. That means 15% of every pass, their QB gets pressured (sacked or hurried). This is against decent pass rush (22% sacks+qbh rate that Texas, Ark & A&M average).
  • UT pass rush will be unlike anything Bama has seen, pressuring the QB every 1 of 3 pass attempts (32%)
  • Bama's pass pro looks like UF and LSU's (15% pressures allowed between them) and against them we averaged 3 sacks, 7.5 QBH.

Prediction: I think we get 2 sack and 8 QBH's this game. Get a couple hits and hurries on BY with a bum shoulder and we might be looking at an entirely different ballgame - Milroe being a turnover machine, passing game is non-existent, and Bama becomes highly reliant on the run game which they are elite. Or are they?

Bama Running:
- Bama is best in the nation at 6.99 ypc(!). They are, however, doing it against average run D's (Texas, Ark, A&M allow 4.12 ypc) and went for 6.55 ypc against them.
- UT run defense is #7 in the country allowing 2.79 ypc and has done it against (surprisingly) good run offenses, where Pitt, UF and LSU average 5.73 ypc. We slowed them down to 3.09 ypc in our games against them.

Prediction: This is yet another Strength on Strength! I think we drop Bama to 4.5 ypc, which is 2.5 ypc below their average. At 40 carries a game, they'll be down 100 yards from their normal production. That accounts for about 9 points (Bama scores 8.8 pts/100 yds average).

Bama Scoring:
- Bama is elite at 3.55 pts/drive, but plays down to their opponent’s pts allowed/drive average. Examples - 1.8 pt/drive vs Texas (who averages 1.6 pt allowed/drive), 3.3 vs Arkansas (2.9 allowed average) and 1.7 vs A&M (1.9 allowed average).
- UT defense allows 1.59 pts/drive, the best they will face and should expect similar performances.

Prediction: Bama scores down to what UT averages are, hitting us at 1.8 pts/drive. In a 13-drive game, that’s 23 points against us. Minus 9 points lost from the strength-on-strength Run game matchup, that’s Bama scoring 14!

Final score: Tennessee 39 - Bama 14 !!!

TLDR version: 15-0, WGWTFA, go ballistic on ‘em, goal posts come down, we become #1 and it will be glorious!!
I wish it were that easy..

Reactions: TennacJed
I don't see the big deal about Matt Rhule. He was a hot name for what he did at Baylor, but I'd argue Aranda has had as much success, if not more, after taking over that program. And Rhule was horrible in the NFL. I'm not saying he can't be decent, but I think he's overhyped. He's not the second coming of Nick Saban.
Bill Belichick couldn’t have won with Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield

Of course he would say he’s sorry because he still pushed him. But this video looks much better than the original one. Just my opinion

I mean, I think it’s all a bit overblown in terms of how big the story has gotten with the guy filing a police report, but it wasn’t an accidental push. Them crossing paths was an accident and the camera crew guy wasn’t paying attention to where he was going, but Adams in the heat of the moment right after the game let his frustration get the best of him and pushed the guy. I don’t think Adams is a bad guy and I don’t think in any other moment he would push him, but in this moment he did. I don’t think any video makes it look any better in my opinion.

-yWJWg.gif
R.9d58ab3b3c051478a3b7270c308751fb

Just agreed to go to a concert after the game Saturday. Why?

Well, the last time I agreed to go to a concert on a Fall Saturday night was 2016 when we broke THE streak vs UF.

The venue? Just so happens to be a small venue we rarely go to. The exact one that 2016 night.

The friends? The same folks, we maybe see a concert with every couple years.

The odds? Idk about the math, but that streak is getting broken this Saturday!! I can feel it deep in my plums.

I think it's a matter of not wanting to unduly deprive a good kid, a hard worker and a SR team captain of playing his last home game against Bama, in a sold-out, rocking Orange-Out Neyland, based on a police report that tells an incomplete and seemingly not entirely factual story. This is not going to end up a felony charge. And this game matters a great deal to this program and these players.

UT wants to send the right message to the team and the recruits. And then you have the SEC. It's complicated, and the timing makes it more so.
Laughing my ass off at all you Donde Plowman haters, who had no clue what the hell you were talking about as you ran her into the ground. She continues bending each and every one of you over, and making you like it...she has more balls than any of you will ever have, losers.

I think it's a matter of not wanting to unduly deprive a good kid, a hard worker and a SR team captain of playing his last home game against Bama, in a sold-out, rocking Orange-Out Neyland, based on a police report that tells an incomplete and seemingly not entirely factual story. This is not going to end up a felony charge. And this game matters a great deal to this program and these players.

UT wants to send the right message to the team and the recruits. And then you have the SEC. It's complicated, and the timing makes it more so.
That is f'n awesome. That story sounded like a dumptruck sized load of 🦬💩 to me right off of the bat.

Having to bump back our departure time for Knoxville Friday morning - found out today I made the final round of interviews this Friday for my dream job. I’ll burn down Knoxville with a bottle in my hand if I can land this gig and we break the streak on Saturday!
You are going to get the job

Vols are going to win

Let's do this

Josh Pate on taking the over at 22.5..LOL.
I wonder what the line was in that 12-10 game.
All I remember was Kiffin simplify Cromptons throwing areas to 1/2 the field. Dont think we gotta worry about that with Hook.

Just agreed to go to a concert after the game Saturday. Why?

Well, the last time I agreed to go to a concert on a Fall Saturday night was 2016 when we broke THE streak vs UF.

The venue? Just so happens to be a small venue we rarely go to. The exact one that 2016 night.

The friends? The same folks, we maybe see a concert with every couple years.

The odds? Idk about the math, but that streak is getting broken this Saturday!! I can feel it deep in my plums.
I have wore the same Tennessee shirt every game this year and have made my wife wear the same Tennessee shirt for all games. Just in case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back