Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it. And yeah he said how the refs call defensive building or illegal contact, PI, or not, will be a factor. If they're allowed to be physical in bump and run, advantage Bama.

I'm like... Duh?

Our guys are going have to win 1 on 1 outside.

I wouldn’t necessarily say it would be a advantage. If Bru and Keyton can block on the edges we could see more Squirrel Screens and open up the playbook even more.

I’ve thought about it and idc to admit it, I’ll probably be so happy that I cry. 15 years, 15 years of agony. 15 years of being made a mockery of.

I really don’t think fans of other schools get it, if we are truly back nobody will be prepared for it. It’ll be a big orange swarm that over takes everything.

I’ve tried to explain to my wife where I will be emotionally on Saturday. It still doesn’t make sense to her, but she has planned to take the youngest kids to a friend’s house for a play date. It will just be me and my oldest son. No matter what happens, this will be something we both remember forever. No matter what happens, he will definitely see me cry.

I wouldn’t necessarily say it would be a advantage. If Bru and Keyton can block on the edges we could see more Squirrel Screens and open up the playbook even more.
well, i think in terms of what Bama DB's have historically been alowed to get away with, it certainly could be a huge advantage for them if we see some blown calls. it's not like we've not seen it before, or here recently...................this season in a couple of games already.

and that, if i'm being completely honest, is the type of thing that has me the most nervous. i've just seen it too many times....they do get the calls. even the really obvious ones.....refs absolutely blew that grounding/safety call in the TX game, missed multipel PI's in that game, missed a PI on the last play against aTm...

yuck. i think we can overcome many things on the field. we can't overcome awful officiating that Alabama always seems to be the beneficiary. i hate even talking about it. starting to get angry thinking about it. lol.

well, i think in terms of what Bama DB's have historically been alowed to get away with, it certainly could be a huge advantage for them if we see some blown calls. it's not like we've not seen it before, or here recently...................this season in a couple of games already.

and that, if i'm being completely honest, is the type of thing that has me the most nervous. i've just seen it too many times....they do get the calls. even the really obvious ones.....refs absolutely blew that grounding/safety call in the TX game, missed multipel PI's in that game, missed a PI on the last play against aTm...

yuck. i think we can overcome many things on the field. we can't overcome awful officiating that Alabama always seems to be the beneficiary. i hate even talking about it. starting to get angry thinking about it. lol.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. The missed PI when Keyton got ran into in the end zone of the LSU game comes to mind.

Change of topic. When is the last time Media picked so heavily against Alabama?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I think these media people know BY isn’t playing.
They have a big game next week against MSU that would mean more than this game, at least as far as winning the West. If he isn't completely healed, not sure why CNS would risk the season for a cigar.
Just my take and I could be way off.

Go Vols!!

Last edited:
That's one smart Buckeyes fan, and he's right. Heupel has zero track record of developing QBs. Sam Bradford and Drew Lock regressed heavily under him. It's Dobbs to JG all over again once Hooker leaves. 5-7, here we come!

Exactly. Who had Hendon Hooker for Heisman before Heupel got a hold of him? Dude can coach and we got a 5 star QB on the way. I think Milton might be good next year too.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. The missed PI when Keyton got ran into in the end zone of the LSU game comes to mind.

Change of topic. When is the last time Media picked so heavily against Alabama?
i have no idea. it's been a minute. i think in 2015, we were given a puncher's chance, but i don't think anyone seriously thought we'd win.

it may be mid 00's....

it's weird seeing this many, reputable folks, seriously pick us. now i was attending UT and a young adult when we beat Bama every year in the 90's and early 00's...so i do remember beating them....a lot. same with GA. but it's been so long at this point.....i still can't wrap my head around "supposed to maybe beat alabama?" lol.

The only thing that concerns me about Saturday is protecting Hooker. Alabama will try to hit him early and often. They will hit him clean and dirty just like they tried to do last year. HH does get affected by these hits it usually messes up his throwing for a period of time.

I just don’t want to see him hit dirty and it not be flagged because it’s precious Alabama. I hope we can keep him protected.

The only thing that concerns me about Saturday is protecting Hooker. Alabama will try to hit him early and often. They will hit him clean and dirty just like they tried to do last year. HH does get affected by these hits it usually messes up his throwing for a period of time.

I just don’t want to see him hit dirty and it not be flagged because it’s precious Alabama. I hope we can keep him protected.

Bama will load the box and play man coverage. I’d assume we roll Hooker out or hit Fant on some quick outs.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

i think this level of protection is warranted. time for some reciprocation...........
1665677556106.png

i have no idea. it's been a minute. i think in 2015, we were given a puncher's chance, but i don't think anyone seriously thought we'd win.

it may be mid 00's....

it's weird seeing this many, reputable folks, seriously pick us. now i was attending UT and a young adult when we beat Bama every year in the 90's and early 00's...so i do remember beating them....a lot. same with GA. but it's been so long at this point.....i still can't wrap my head around "supposed to maybe beat alabama?" lol.

It’s so weird to just listen to talk shows and hear them pick us over Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back