Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that concerns me about Saturday is protecting Hooker. Alabama will try to hit him early and often. They will hit him clean and dirty just like they tried to do last year. HH does get affected by these hits it usually messes up his throwing for a period of time.

I just don’t want to see him hit dirty and it not be flagged because it’s precious Alabama. I hope we can keep him protected.
Tennessee o line is allowing qb pressure 1 out of every 16 drop backs. Vs pitt who is one of the better pass rushing teams in the country had 3 sacks and 1 hurry on 42 pass attempts.

Pitts defense gets a sack or hurry on 25% of all pass attempts. Against Tennessee it was 9.5%. Bama will get a few shots but it won't be many.

Bama pressure rate is actually a little lower than Pitts @ 23 8%

Last edited:
If they do this, this offense will set them on fire.

IM thinking we will, that’s why Saban is frustrated but They have above average corners who are physical. This will be a game for Bru to be the primary target. Hyatt doesn’t have the height to contend for 50/50 balls and that’s not taking anything away from him, it’s just not his strength.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Honest to god I don’t think I’ve saw us run a RB screen all year😅
i think we've run 1 or 2. i know i saw one in the FL game. but that may be it.

the thing is...there's actually been space out there for RB's, where a screen would probably work really well lol.....and against a defense that is as fast as Bama's in the front 7....i can't say i'd be shocked to see it?

Bama will load the box and play man coverage. I’d assume we roll Hooker out or hit Fant on some quick outs.
I think that they will play 2 deep safeties, let their corners play man, and depend on their pass rush. They have the athletes to play us man up, and think they have the front 7 to stifle our run or pressure the QB without having to do too much.

I hope that they stack the box though. If their safeties are up we should feast.

The closer we get the more confident I am getting.

I love how the schedules have lined up. Alabama is coming off a 3Q game against Ark and a full game against A&M. We are coming off a bye week and a 1 half game against LSU. This neutralizes Bama depth advantage.

Our players and coaches have handled every test and victory with the current mindset. The wins haven't been destinations. We have acknowledged how big the game is, but how big it is because TN has earned that. This mindset and being at Neyland neutralizes the "Bama Factor".

I think we match up great against Bama. We all know that Gibbs is a play maker. Our run defense is our strength and it's been good against 3 quality opponents. Our weakness is DBs but there WRs have been no shows and the QB is a question mark.

I am more confident this game than I was against LSU on the road. I'm not saying we will blow them out, but I could see a comfortable win.
Yeah it's great not to have to have our secondary go up against Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle, and crew on the other side. Minus Bryce Young if he were healthy, this almost feels like some of the other Bama teams that didn't have the super fast receivers but had solid RBs, pass rush, and run defense.

Yet it still can't be emphasized enough that they haven't faced an offense nowhere near the caliber of ours. Florida found out, LSU found out, Bama about to find out. I think we move the ball similarly to how Clemson with Deshaun Watson did against them in previous years.

Last edited:
Chandler wasn't involved in that mess. He thought Gray was going to be the starter the next season and was already planning to transfer to somewhere that he could get the bulk of the carries with it being his last year.
you would think people would learn to sit tight, work hard and your chance will come lol.. some schools that may not happen, though, but the roster turnover we had?

I think that they will play 2 deep safeties, let their corners play man, and depend on their pass rush. They have the athletes to play us man up, and think they have the front 7 to stifle our run or pressure the QB without having to do too much.

I hope that they stack the box though. If their safeties are up we should feast.
we'll have to prove we can run it effectively before they'll bring their safeties up. and even then, i think they'd rather us run it, even if it's successful-ish, if for no other reason, keep the clock running and shorten the game. they may decide they're going 2 deep, you're not beating us down field, and see if we can beat them with "death by a1000 cuts", vs. bullet to the head....lol.

i'll be surprised if they bring extra guys in run support. spy the QB...yeah. but i don't see a lot of 7-8 man fronts. we'll eat them alive down field if they do.

I don't think I'm prepared for what's going to happen when we win Saturday.

Can I make a suggestion!!

should-you-start-smoking-cigars-usman-dawood-cigar-rants-montefortuna-2021-cuban-cigars-new-world-cigars.jpg

we'll have to prove we can run it effectively before they'll bring their safeties up. and even then, i think they'd rather us run it, even if it's successful-ish, if for no other reason, keep the clock running and shorten the game. they may decide they're going 2 deep, you're not beating us down field, and see if we can beat them with "death by a1000 cuts", vs. bullet to the head....lol.

i'll be surprised if they bring extra guys in run support. spy the QB...yeah. but i don't see a lot of 7-8 man fronts. we'll eat them alive down field if they do.

Yeah, if they start bringing the safeties down, I don't care who's playing receiver---with this coach/scheme?

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

you would think people would learn to sit tight, work hard and your chance will come lol.. some schools that may not happen, though, but the roster turnover we had?
When he transferred to UNC there was no inkling or the turnover. He was (at best) third on the depth chart behind Gray and Small with Tiyon Evans on the horizon and Brown committed. It was a sound decision that worked out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back