Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it's the fact it's year 2. as bad a shape as this program was in LESS THAN 2 YEARS AGO, nobody saw this kind of turnaround coming.

and it's obviously well chronicled about the offense, culture change, "fast fun real" etc....he's done wonders inside the building and on the field in terms of improving production...everybody knows/sees that. the thing that makes it even more impressive, in my opinion anyway, is he's done this while in the midst of all the changes in how personnel must now be managed on the roster, and in recruiting, and in the portal. he walked in the door with some relatively large constraints on what he could do with the portal, while watching 30+ kids LEAVE, so he knows right off the bat he's not replacing those guys immediately. we were in the middle of the investigation and self imposed scholly restrictions....and the team he had last year, and in large part this year, are NOT guys he brought in to this program....the majority of the guys starring for TN righ tnow were part of the worst team in program history.

Yet he's gotten them to buy in, there's been obvious development, and the production speaks for itself.

so if you really take a look at the big picture of what Tennessee football was 3 years ago to what it is today, while also watching the landscape of personnel/roster management change for college football in general in the middle of all that.........

i mean....it's remarkable. i'm excited to see what the future holds as the roster changes to guys he's brought in, what he and this staff can do to build on the foundation they've already laid. and you can't talk about htis w/out also bringing up what a difference the overall leadership at the university has made. DAnny White, Plowman....they've done a lot of "right" things. some were fairly obvious, the main one being, they listened. and then acted. they didn't come in believe they already had the answers and knew what WE needed.

heady times on rocky top. this isn't the same program we've seen the past 15 years. and this is the first time in a long time i say that, and actually believe it.
The most amazing thing about this year is that the players that are making this team successful are not Josh Heupel’s recruits. Just wait till he he has a full team of guys he recruited for the system!

I think that they will play 2 deep safeties, let their corners play man, and depend on their pass rush. They have the athletes to play us man up, and think they have the front 7 to stifle our run or pressure the QB without having to do too much.

I hope that they stack the box though. If their safeties are up we should feast.
If they're playing two deep safeties against 11 personnel, they're going to be in a six man box at the most. I hope they do. That means with them having to account for Hooker, it's a 7 vs 6 game, and I like our odds in that scenario.

I don't think they can make it difficult on Bru...he's a grown ass man out there

That’s absolutely fair. Tillman is a great 50/50 pass catcher too. We will take shots downfield to Bru and Tillman if he plays. There hasn’t been any game yet where we haven’t taken shots. I just think this is a game that can set up nice for Hyatt.

With Young hurt, Alabama will try to run the ball down our throat. That is the story of this game. If we can contain Gibbs and Milroe, then we will win. If their OL gets a push and they can run the ball, then they will win. The other scenario in our favor is if we get turnovers and just out score them.
I like our chances.

Last edited:
It's going to drive me crazy if the refs put bubble wrap all over BY if he does play, and take pity on him for "playing hurt." If we get flagged for just playing football against him, hitting him, sacking him, whatever. That's going to be infuriating.
I bet we get a couple phantom roughing the passer penalties, like what has happened in the pros.

It's going to drive me crazy if the refs put bubble wrap all over BY if he does play, and take pity on him for "playing hurt." If we get flagged for just playing football against him, hitting him, sacking him, whatever. That's going to be infuriating.
Jeremy Banks better take notice. They’ll just be looking to flag him for anything even remotely rough out in the open field on BY.

Bryce Young update timeline entering Tennessee game

Oct. 1: Arkansas postgame news conference

“Bryce has a little AC sprain in his shoulder. We’ll have to take it day-to-day. I think he’s OK. He doesn’t have a serious injury. We didn’t think he could go back in the game because I don’t think he had much steam on throwing the ball. He’s had these before and in a few days, he starts to respond pretty well. We’ll have to see how it goes.”

Oct. 3: Monday news conference after Arkansas

“He’s got a little bit of a shoulder injury. It’s not a long-term kind of injury. He’s going to be day to day. When he can get back to throwing … we’ll just have to evaluate it day to day. So I can’t tell you if that’s today, tomorrow or the next day.”

Oct. 5: SEC teleconference before Texas A&M

“I’m sure that everybody wants an update on Bryce, so I’m going to give it to you. He’s doing some things in practice and he’s still listed as ‘day-to-day.’ No decision is going to be made until he decides, and we decide, from a medical staff standpoint, whether he can go out there and functionally do his job.”

Oct. 6: Nick Saban radio show

“There’s no real bad damage or anything like that so it’s not a long-term thing,” Saban said. “But he still has some soreness, and we’ll have to make a game-time decision before the game in pregame to see if he can throw the ball well enough to go out there and do his job. So he has been able to practice some.

“Bryce is a great competitor. He’ll want to go out there and play the best he can but sometimes you have to protect players from themselves because they’ve got to be able to go out and create value for themselves and be healthy enough to do it the right way. He’s a sharp guy. He’ll know whether he’ll be able to go out there and do it.”

“This really and truly will be a pregame decision,” Saban said, “because the way we’ve treated this is overuse would really set him back so the longer we could go without him throwing, the better off we are in terms of the healing process.”

Oct. 8: Texas A&M postgame news conference

“And there’s no question that Bryce is a great competitor, he wants what’s best for the team, he was very supportive -- he’s been very supportive all week of helping Jalen every way that he can -- but he also wants to play. And he actually wanted to play at the end of the game.”

Oct. 10: Monday news conference entering Tennessee week

“Bryce is getting reevaluated today. I don’t really know much. I haven’t talked to Doc since he did that. Hopefully we’re going to try to get him ready to play this week, but this is something that, you know, nobody can predict how quickly this is going to give him an opportunity to go out and be able to do what he needs to do. And we’ll see as the week progresses, but I don’t have an update much more than that.”

Oct. 12: SEC teleconference

“There’s nothing really new to tell you. He’s making progress. He’s been able to practice some and we’ll continue to evaluate him as the week progresses.”

On Young wanting to enter the Texas A&M game late …

“I didn’t think he was in a position where he could go and effectively do his job the way he’s capable of doing it,” Saban said. “He’s made a lot of progress from that point so hopefully that will change here in the near future.”

Oct. 12: Post-practice news conference

“Bryce continues to practice a little bit more. We’ve got him on a little bit of a pitch count just to ween him back into it and see how it goes. We expect him to do even a little more tomorrow. That’s all I really have to say about that.”

“Bryce continues to practice a little bit more. We’ve got him on a little bit of a pitch count just to ween him back into it and see how it goes. We expect him to do even a little more tomorrow. That’s all I really have to say about that.

Alabama has taken its toll on Nick Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back