Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say how happy I am for the players that stayed with us after 2020. 35 guys bailed (see ya), but many stayed. Many of them made up the team that won last night. I am also so thankful and happy for the men that saw the Vol project under coach Heupel and bought in. I am thrilled that J Hyatt realized that it was up to him and no one else to be great. I am so happy for both Bru and Chase to continue to path from Cali to Tennessee to achieve greatness.

Also, that O-line was amazing. Jeremy Banks was a man possessed. Slaughter made plays in big moments. Rucker didn't back down at all. Jabari Small is not only a good runner, but he protects the ball and is excellent is pass protection. Fant made plays!!!! When Cooper peeled around to smash Anderson in the face on that block, I got out of my seat and yelled! Hendon is not only talented, but graceful and humble. He's the leader we want and need. I loved the heave by Milton before half. That sent a message and we damn near pulled it off. Jalen Wright is winning me over (just hang onto that ball my man). O Thomas is going to be a first rounder. There's way more, but those stood out to me.

I'm calling Coach Heupel the exorcist. I think you all know why. A few more demons are left. Get em.

Loved this part:

"I have been holding on to this damn thing for 16 years," declared Tom Bryan of Nashville as he took a drag and then coughed as if he had just downed a bucket of sand. "I bought it in Tuscaloosa in 2007 because I wanted to smoke it down there and smoke one of their own bought down there, just to piss them off. But they whipped our ass and I have been waiting ever since. I don't think that humidor thing worked. It's drier than a bone. But I don't care, either."

I am in shock...utter absolute shock..

I still can't believe that last sequence of events played out like that...

I think Danny White reads VN...playing Dixieland Delight was a master stroke.
Best AD that we have ever had….. I told you when you get good then you make your own breaks…. The refs being against us…. Peyton manning curse…. So on and so on was bc our administration was rotten from the top to the bottom….. it’s a new day….. A Big Orange Day….. Go D&mn Vols!!!!

We’re not facing a better QB this year than Bryce Young. Young was Mahomes-esque out there. Ridiculous ability to escape the rush, keep his eyes downfield and make accurate throws.
I hate Bama with the heat if a thousand suns...but..

Bryce Young is a warrior..he is a great QB and one tough SOB..and a LOSER!

Just another Tennessee Saturday night!!!
So proud to be the Tennessee Volunteer!

As I was walking back to 11th St. parking garage a half hour after the game ended there was an usher that I struck up a conversation with that looked to be about a very youthful 80 years old. As we walked side-by-side he was almost giddy with excitement. He told me he had been ushering at Tennessee games since 1970 and during that span had only missed three home games and that was because he had surgery. Fittingly that was during the Dooley years.
He said as we were close to parting ways I think we’re really back this time. He said I probably won’t sleep very much tonight I’m gonna go home and rewatch the game. No that’s a true Vol fan!

Attachments

• 0DADD63B-8DD4-4701-AAE6-FB3B6D8E3673.jpeg
    0DADD63B-8DD4-4701-AAE6-FB3B6D8E3673.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I am in shock...utter absolute shock..

I still can't believe that last sequence of events played out like that...

I think Danny White reads VN...playing Dixieland Delight was a master stroke.
Husband and I were jumping up and down, hugging and in tears--then Dixieland Delight starts playing. Yes, we have the best AD out there. And this team? This is not number one recruiting class for years team, plus all the players we lost? What a coaching staff. I am still in shock. (No sitting on the ball with this bunch, Milton hail mary and 15 seconds till overtime proved that)

I'm still taking in last night and trying to process it. The honest truth is I can't put it into words. Happiness, jubilation, overwhelming joy... I can't really find the words to exactly describe how I feel. But to finally be relevant again after so many years of not being relevant. Six years ago, I lost my dad, to the same disease I was fighting at the time. Five years ago, I almost died. I was knocking at death's door waiting on a liver transplant. Even my surgeon said he was surprised I made it. I was easily at my lowest point. So I was grasping for hope wherever I could find it, and Tennessee football has always been a passion. I wanted so bad for us to be good again, and for me to be alive to see it. Honestly, I didn't think I would. But now it's here, and I just have no real words to express what it means. It's just a game, but for some of us, it's come to mean so much more. I know outsiders would consider the passion strange, and unreasonable, and probably dumb, possibly insane. But I know at least some of you get it. I'm finally getting to see my Vols on top again. And it means so much to me. I don't care if people don't understand, or if they think it dumb. If I died right now, it would be with a smile on my face. Because the Vols being good makes me happy.

Jalin has to feel amazing at this point. Worked his ass off all off season after a really disappointing sophomore year and getting to see the fruits of his labors in the best way.

Complete LOL to Kyler and that other dude trying to say Hyatt looked exactly the same as last year.

He just cemented himself in the UT legend status with that performance. And he deserves all the credit in the world
Yea, they don't know what the hell their talking about. They been ishin on Bru and Hyatt since fall camp...they still really haven't eaten Crow for their asinine takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back