Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Not condoning this treatment of other team's fans, just thought the Saban statue meme was funny*

I don't condone this behavior either but this is the same fanbase that has waltzed into our stadium plenty of times during this dark age and had the time of their life. Smugly lighting cigars while the game is still happening in OUR stadium. Rammer Jammering themselves into a jolly stupor, waving our fans out of our own stadium. How many times? Buying up all the seats and arrogantly having the time of their lives.

Hiring our old coaches and rubbing it in our face. Year after year after year. Taking pride in all of those things.

So forgive some of our fans for letting it out when they saw those smug Bama fans bragging about bringing cigars to the stadium and acting like they were gonna put us in our place.

Big burdens have been removed from Volation's hearts and souls this season. Imagine how much greater relief we will feel when we witness the Savior in His glory face to face if we know Him and He knows us as His own.

Redemption can come when we own our mistakes and fears. We acknowledge them, seek forgiveness and restoration. He knows our hearts and if it is real.

I firmly believe the Lord has worked in the hearts and minds of UTK starting with boosters, benefactors and Randy Boyd on down through the ranks. Rick Barnes, Tony Vitello, Josh Heupel, and all through the AD - greater leaders of people, not just players. Making impacts that extend far beyond the playing fields. Imperfect humans trying to do things the right way and lift others up. Having each other's backs and respecting the process and people.

That's Vol football, basketball and baseball today along with other programs at UT. If you are of the inclination, pray for them to continue to lead and do things the right way (clean living) as it will benefit all of Big Orange nation as well as our world.

Have a blessed day. I know you will be like me and the smile will not be leaving your face all day.

Me too, McGill. All my concerns proved unfounded. Outside of the bad PI call this game was one of the best officiated SEC games, and especially UT games, I have seen in a long time. Hooker, Hyatt, McCoy, Banks, BY, Omari, Baron, Roman, Simmons, our entire OL, Small/Wright, Fant/Warren, McGrath and others are all amazing. They all either stayed loyal and accepted coaching from the new staff and have maximized their potential or believed in our staff and transferred in to be a part of what we are building.

I am simply blown away by this team. If we had even a decent secondary then I would expect a championship at this point which is insane. Even with a weak secondary we have a chance but really neeed to get all available guys healthy for UGA, possible SEC championship game and the playoffs. It's crazy to even be typing this! We will be elite for as long as Heupel is at UT and our offense will give us a shot at CFB championships damn near every year....GBFO!

Bammers don't understand...that stuff is the same cheating crap they have always done, only this time the crew actually called the penalties that Bama has always gotten away with.

They still got away with sloppy EGREGIOUS OL holding on literally every pass...that still pisses me off. The crew could gave called 2-3 holding penalties on every pass and draw play. They could have called 50 penalties on those cheating SOBs.

Go back and watch the difference in the way our OL blocks and theirs...it is enlightening.

*Not condoning this treatment of other team's fans, just thought the Saban statue meme was funny*

I don't condone it, neither, at all...I truly dont; i prefer class and humility, I truly do, even though I fall short of those marks most times...

HOWEVER!!!, my thoughts and feelings have leaned scorched earth for a long time now. I want to lay waste...to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!!! They ALL kicked us while we were down, they spit on us, pissed on us, sh!t on us; and, put their cigarettes out on our foreheads. We were the butt of EVERYONE'S jokes, and the whipping post that made journalists famous with clicks and laughter, punchlines and headlines.

It's weird, in my younger years, I wouldn't have loved it as much; but, now, as I'm older, after EVERYTHING, I do...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DOUBLE GAULDENS AND THE BECK...TO THE ENTIRE SPORTS WORLD.

Lay it to waste, BIG ORANGE; and, **** Bama forever and always!!!

There’s only one Will Anderson in my book. He played at the University of Tennessee in the 1950s with the great Johnny Majors, played pro ball in Washington and Green Bay, was a 2x Pro Bowler and a won a ring in Super Bowl I, and last (but certainly not least), he broadcasted Tenneseee football alongside the legendary John Ward.
bill-anderson-josh-ward_29646317_ver1.0.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back