Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jalin has to feel amazing at this point. Worked his ass off all off season after a really disappointing sophomore year and getting to see the fruits of his labors in the best way.

Complete LOL to Kyler and that other dude trying to say Hyatt looked exactly the same as last year.

He just cemented himself in the UT legend status with that performance. And he deserves all the credit in the world

Just think about what he’s done for his future, and for our coaches. When they tell a kid he has the potential but will have to work for it, they now have a very good reason to listen.

Millions of dollars were made last night.

(Also, I wish I could outrun every other player on the field and make amazing catches. Oh well).

I'm still taking in last night and trying to process it. The honest truth is I can't put it into words. Happiness, jubilation, overwhelming joy... I can't really find the words to exactly describe how I feel. But to finally be relevant again after so many years of not being relevant. Six years ago, I lost my dad, to the same disease I was fighting at the time. Five years ago, I almost died. I was knocking at death's door waiting on a liver transplant. Even my surgeon said he was surprised I made it. I was easily at my lowest point. So I was grasping for hope wherever I could find it, and Tennessee football has always been a passion. I wanted so bad for us to be good again, and for me to be alive to see it. Honestly, I didn't think I would. But now it's here, and I just have no real words to express what it means. It's just a game, but for some of us, it's come to mean so much more. I know outsiders would consider the passion strange, and unreasonable, and probably dumb, possibly insane. But I know at least some of you get it. I'm finally getting to see my Vols on top again. And it means so much to me. I don't care if people don't understand, or if they think it dumb. If I died right now, it would be with a smile on my face. Because the Vols being good makes me happy.
That's a wordy post there Weez.

Did we throw any type of WR screens tonight? Gameplan looked a little different with nearly every pass going vertical.
Bama thought they could hold up in man. The diversity of Hyatt, McCoy and Keyton makes them tough. Stacking Hyatt and Bru forces a safety to cover and there isnt a safety in America who can run with him.

I'm still taking in last night and trying to process it. The honest truth is I can't put it into words. Happiness, jubilation, overwhelming joy... I can't really find the words to exactly describe how I feel. But to finally be relevant again after so many years of not being relevant. Six years ago, I lost my dad, to the same disease I was fighting at the time. Five years ago, I almost died. I was knocking at death's door waiting on a liver transplant. Even my surgeon said he was surprised I made it. I was easily at my lowest point. So I was grasping for hope wherever I could find it, and Tennessee football has always been a passion. I wanted so bad for us to be good again, and for me to be alive to see it. Honestly, I didn't think I would. But now it's here, and I just have no real words to express what it means. It's just a game, but for some of us, it's come to mean so much more. I know outsiders would consider the passion strange, and unreasonable, and probably dumb, possibly insane. But I know at least some of you get it. I'm finally getting to see my Vols on top again. And it means so much to me. I don't care if people don't understand, or if they think it dumb. If I died right now, it would be with a smile on my face. Because the Vols being good makes me happy.
Happy you're here for it!

Wow, first Alabama win that I have ever seen. Idk what to say other than I will rewatch this game a hundred times over the next week. Go Vols!
I was a kid listening to the 2007 game on the radio with my dad while dove hunting. It's the first TSIO that I remember. I remember my dad walking away from the truck to go hunt and saying, "I'm afraid we will never beat this Saban guy for as long as he's in Tuscaloosa."

I remember making my mom stop at an Applebees near the Nashville Airport to watch the end of the 2009 game, and just feeling absolutely devastated when the kick was blocked.

I watched Dobbs flash promise from the front row and give us a respectable finish in 2014, and I watched the 2016 drubbing in Neyland during my time as a student.

I remember where I was watching the 2015 game that nearly went our way. And remember the double Gauldens leaving my buddy's wedding in 2017.

The 2019 game I was at my best friend's bachelor party. We rented a cabin on the river and watched the game. I remember the food we cooked that night. I'm sure he remembers the taste of the jambalaya he puked lmao.

I've seen loss after loss after loss. I knew we would rewrite the script eventually. I've been waiting for this my entire life it feels like.

Feels good man. Feels good.

If we rematch vs Bama in ATL we are gonna beat them by 10.
We probably won't if our defense plays like that again.

I'm not going to hate on them, they are vastly undermanned in the secondary and I think they do the best they can...but..🤷‍♂️

On another note...I can only imagine the devastation we are going to unleash on CFB when we do have a two deep of elite defensive backs...😳

Checked UCF forums for the laughs.

Most common sentiment is "Defense still bad" and "Can't recruit won't be able to keep it up."

Salty...salty tears.
Thats hilarious. This is the SEC and this is Tennessee bro, we don't have to bust ass to convince kids to come to some half ass directional school. His lack of perceived recruiting prowess could be covered up here because of our facilities, fanbase, pocketbook, etc.

Inhale that copium UCF.

Last edited:
Also, Everyone will talk about Hyatt, Hooker, Bur, McGrath and rightfully so, but on Bama's last play before the kick William Wright a walk on from Nashville, made enough of a play on the receiver that he couldnt get to the ball to set up that long FG. That play as much as the others needs to be talked about as well.
William Wright - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics

Finally showing that 5* talent we always knew he could be.

Bet Wanya Morris and Eric Gray wish they wouldn't have gone to McDonald's now. So glad Darnell stuck around.

There’s one big difference between those two and Darnell:

Darnell committed to getting better. Those two are all about themselves and Morris was exposed of that before he left Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back