Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama thought they could hold up in man. The diversity of Hyatt, McCoy and Keyton makes them tough. Stacking Hyatt and Bru forces a safety to cover and there isnt a safety in America who can run with him.
Heupel is on to something with this mix of big strong great handed maulers and uber quick silky flyers.

My wife reminded me that last night after the kick I ran out the front door to the street and let out the loudest "WOOOO WELCOME TO TENNESSEE" (my neighborhood is all transplants from up north and CA 😅) and got a bunch of woos and cheers back, near and far.

She had to talk me out of driving laps around the neighborhood with our UT flag out of the sunroof, blaring Rocky top. Checks and balances 😆😆

I was listening to an interview with Nico’s high school coach, who also coached Bryce young, and the way he talked about how similar they are as players has me really excited about the future. Young is a special talent. If Nico is right up there with him, we are in good shape sooner rather than later

We probably won't if our defense plays like that again.

I'm not going to hate on them, they are vastly undermanned in the secondary and I think they do the best they can...but..🤷‍♂️

On another note...I can only imagine the devastation we are going to unleash on CFB when we do have a two deep of elite defensive backs...😳
I just keep coming back to this. We are low in talent on defense. That ‘24 and ‘25 rosters will be stacked…

Bammers don't understand...that stuff is the same cheating crap they have always done, only this time the crew actually called the penalties that Bama has always gotten away with.

They still got away with sloppy EGREGIOUS OL holding on literally every pass...that still pisses me off. The crew could gave called 2-3 holding penalties on every pass and draw play. They could have called 50 penalties on those cheating SOBs.

Go back and watch the difference in the way our OL blocks and theirs...it is enlightening.

As Rodney Garner said, the three things that don't lie: the film, the mirror and the Bible. Watch the video (film), focus on the action that has nothing to do with the ball, stop it as each infraction occurs, note it, advance the video.

Bama O-linemen will do anything and everything. They commit so many infractions the officials stop focusing on it. All it would take is for the officials to do their jobs for 2 or 3 games in a row, let Saban scream, and then keep calling them reasonably and it would end. That they don't tells you everything you need to know about the SEC office in Birmingham.

My favorite used by them routinely and now used routinely at Ole Miss because Kiffin learned how to do it from Bama is for the O-lineman to use one hand to grab at the defender's chest and the other hand to grab behind the neck at the pads. They can pull the defender close on pass rushes and turn them on runs. OM did this the entire game against us last year with no calls. That's how Corral ran up the middle all night long along with not having two LB's inside the entire game. Why spread your D when the only thing beating you are QB draws? But I digress.

"I have been holding on to this damn thing for 16 years," declared Tom Bryan of Nashville as he took a drag and then coughed as if he had just downed a bucket of sand. "I bought it in Tuscaloosa in 2007 because I wanted to smoke it down there and smoke one of their own bought down there, just to piss them off. But they whipped our ass and I have been waiting ever since. I don't think that humidor thing worked. It's drier than a bone. But I don't care, either."

We need to lock back in after today and get back to business. If we have a let down, this is the perfect game this Saturday to do it. We still should be able to be up easily by halftime and get some rest. We need to be fully focused when Kentucky comes to town. That game will be like the national championship for them. There will be nothing they would like to do more than come to Neyland and ruin it all, and they will have two weeks to prepare, and put some wrinkles into their offense. We need to get healthy on the backend big-time. Charles went down with what I think was a hamstring towards the end of the game which hurts. He’s playing pretty decent ball. I am hoping McCullough will have the charges dropped, and the truth comes out, so he can be free to play. There were some plaus I am hoping McCullough will have the charges dropped, and the truth comes out, so he can be free to play. There were some plays he probably would’ve made that slaughter did not make, especially tackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back