Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also out rushed them. They average 237 per game and ran for 114 yesterday (pretty much all Gibbs). We ran for 182!!! Can’t remember the last time we even came close to out rushing them.
The greatest misconception about a Heupel team is they don’t run. 😂

So well balanced.

At some point Bama was only rushing 3 and had 5 in the box. They gave us run looks and we took advantage.

You mean like when that one guy that plays for bama tried to knee him in the head, or when he got shoved out of bounds on a scramble? You can see him get fired up, but keep it under control.

I love the stutter high step he does in the open field to keep defenders off balance and keep them from making a solid hit on him. It's like he is toying with them.

At 51, I’ve seen Tennessee at its best. My adult children haven’t until now or were young and don’t remember.

My kids like so many young VOL fans have followed by blind faith and tradition. I’m so glad a generation of young fans are finally witnessing what most of have already experienced.

DL has been fantastic. Need better horses there but proud of those guys.

Lbers have improved. Keep grinding.

Secondary is placed in contradictory zones coverages. 6 man blitz but a cover 3 or 4 while starting 10 yards back isn't my preference.

I thought Banks played extremely well. Blitzing and running down gibbs on several runs.

It’s fine though. You have to move the ball up the field on us in 5 to 10 yard chunks without your running game. Meanwhile when we get the ball back we are looking to house it in 3-4 plays with our super efficient offense. Any mistake on offense for the opposing team means they are now a possession behind and against this years offense that means a touchdown behind.

The greatest misconception about a Heupel team is they don’t run. 😂

So well balanced.

At some point Bama was only rushing 3 and had 5 in the box. They gave us run looks and we took advantage.
That’s what makes this offense so legit and unique. Either you leave our WR’s on an island and get toasted by them, or you leave 5 guys in the box and get killed by our run game. If you don’t have amazing athletes or the perfect game plan against this offense you’re screwed

It’s fine though. You have to move the ball up the field on us in 5 to 10 yard chunks without your running game. Meanwhile when we get the ball back we are looking to house it in 3-4 plays with our super efficient offense. Any mistake on offense for the opposing team means they are now a possession behind and against this years offense that means a touchdown behind.
It's not 5-10 yard chunks. The placement of the secondary gives up 10-20 yard chunks, especially on 3rd downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back