Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
DL has been fantastic. Need better horses there but proud of those guys.

Lbers have improved. Keep grinding.

Secondary is placed in contradictory zones coverages. 6 man blitz but a cover 3 or 4 while starting 10 yards back isn't my preference.
Agreed and I’m baffled by it. Especially when we play the star 15 yards off the line and nobody to covers over the middle bcuz we send Banks on a blitz. Crossing routes and slants are open every single time

It's not 5-10 yard chunks. The placement of the secondary gives up 10-20 yard chunks, especially on 3rd downs.
The point that I’ve made that you’ve selectively missed is that it’s by design. They keep the ball in front of them and prevent the opposing offense from scoring on big explosive plays… which is exactly what we are going to do on the next possession. They are playing to a strength and it’s completely backwards according to conventional football knowledge. It’s pretty genius if it works and it has so far.

I’d give the person who runs the in-stadium entertainment a shiny quarter if they played Dixieland Delight with Tennessee up 20 with about two minutes to go in the 4th tomorrow. Just as a reminder it’s a song about Tennessee ;).
I tweeted the same thing to Danny White - and they played it over the PA at the end of the game (after Rocky Top) and we sang it at the top of our lungs!

The point that I’ve made that you’ve selectively missed is that it’s by design. They keep the ball in front of them and prevent the opposing offense from scoring on big explosive plays… which is exactly what we are going to do on the next possession. They are playing to a strength and it’s completely backwards according to conventional football knowledge. It’s pretty genius if it works and it has so far.
I'm specifically mentioning the fact that it's by design. That's my whole point.

Hats off the RANDY BOYD. No one has done more to put UT in a winning position than him. From keeping Rick Barnes to empowering UTK to get Danny White as AD, there's so much to be thankful for from Boyd's leadership. UT is very fortunate to have him at the helm. He should have been Governor.

There’s only one Will Anderson in my book. He played at the University of Tennessee in the 1950s with the great Johnny Majors, played pro ball in Washington and Green Bay, was a 2x Pro Bowler and a won a ring in Super Bowl I, and last (but certainly not least), he broadcasted Tenneseee football alongside the legendary John Ward.
bill-anderson-josh-ward_29646317_ver1.0.png
He went by Bill, not Will, but yeah, I get your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back