Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to sit in a box last night and watch this glorious event unfold.... I'm 50 and a UT grad and this was absolutely amazing... Was high-fiving everyone from a 10yr old up to an 86 and 89 yr old!

What this staff and done this season and did last night with this roster against bama is incredible!

These kids believe, have 100% bought in, and aren't afraid of anyone.

Recruits better start lining up this morning wanting to be a part of this rise...

One game at a time...

What the heck are we gonna do if we are actually able to play with a full healthy team!?

Saw where DB's were hurt and had to play a walk-on on the final series---- I hope guys on here can bring injury report/status of our players when they see it...

Love an update on Bumpus? Anyone heard the extent of his injury? He walked off after trying to come back and play in the game twice ...

The Crawford puke, nod at the bama D line, and then run up to the line is the absolutely BEST definition of this team... Period.

******* If you even split in half the missed opportunity TD's and say we connected on half, we actually could have beaten this team by 14pts easy...

GBO!!!!!

Been waiting for the number. And there was an earthquake in knoxville according to the seismograph 😎

A whisper is about 30 dB, normal conversation is about 60 dB, and a motorcycle engine running is about 95 dB. Noise above 70 dB over a prolonged period of time may start to damage your hearing. Loud noise above 120 dB can cause immediate harm to your ears.

I don't condone it, neither, at all...I truly dont; i prefer class and humility, I truly do, even though I fall short of those marks most times...

HOWEVER!!!, my thoughts and feelings have leaned scorched earth for a long time now. I want to lay waste...to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!!! They ALL kicked us while we were down, they spit on us, pissed on us, sh!t on us; and, put their cigarettes out on our foreheads. We were the butt of EVERYONE'S jokes, and the whipping post that made journalists famous with clicks and laughter, punchlines and headlines.

It's weird, in my younger years, I wouldn't have loved it as much; but, now, as I'm older, after EVERYTHING, I do...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DOUBLE GAULDENS AND THE BECK...TO THE ENTIRE SPORTS WORLD.

Lay it to waste, BIG ORANGE; and, **** Bama forever and always!!!

1665934393104.gif

And I love it.

Hats off the RANDY BOYD. No one has done more to put UT in a winning position than him. From keeping Rick Barnes to empowering UTK to get Danny White as AD, there's so much to be thankful for from Boyd's leadership. UT is very fortunate to have him at the helm. He should have been Governor.
Glad he’s at a better job. 😏

Feels so good to still be undefeated! 🥳🥳🥳

I am thrilled we did it while Saban was still at Bama too. Thought the officiating was pretty solid. They missed two bad calls, Big O targeting and the PI in the end zone where Bama WR pulled the guy down.

Refs are gonna miss calls though, but it was a pretty evenly called game.

MVP: Hyatt or Hendo, but I’d argue our OL was the real MVP. Rushed for nearly 200 and gave up just one sack (which should have been a throw away but Hooker kept it too long)

Last edited:
Watched the game with a friend who doesn't follow the team like I do. He started talking about the Bama DBs being slow when going after Hyatt. I told him it's not that they're slow, that boy just fast.

HonoredRegularGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif
I mentioned how slow the Bama d looked in the 1st couple minutes.

Last edited:
DL has been fantastic. Need better horses there but proud of those guys.

Lbers have improved. Keep grinding.

Secondary is placed in contradictory zones coverages. 6 man blitz but a cover 3 or 4 while starting 10 yards back isn't my preference.

Understandable but we are so limited that we have almost nobody who can play man coverage. If we get healthy and improve then Hadden, Charles, McDonald and Dee Williams can hopefully be enough. Because those guys are all we've got. Maybe Rucker and Walker can improve enough to be capable. I try to put myself in Banks' shoes and think how I would try to defend the pass with no secondary. Constant blitzing and a heavy dose of zone is probably the only way we can get it done enough to give our offense a chance. Puts a ton of pressure on the offense, though. Portal DBs are a must this offseason.

1985 I was twelve and and saw my first goalposts come down when we knocked off Auburn. Yesterday my 13 year old son sat in the exact same seat and watched the goalposts come down for his first time. We went down on the field too. I'm so thankful for moments like these. I didn't cry it was just smiles and smiles and smiles. My wife teared up and several around us...I've never hugged so many strangers in my life. Thank you Vols and Vol's fans for these moments. It's what makes life worth living. I'm floating today... My goodness that was the greatest game I've ever seen at Neyland and I've seen a bunch of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back