Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable but we are so limited that we have almost nobody who can play man coverage. If we get healthy and improve then Hadden, Charles, McDonald and Dee Williams can hopefully be enough. Because those guys are all we've got. Maybe Rucker and Walker can improve enough to be capable. I try to put myself in Banks' shoes and think how I would try to defend the pass with no secondary. Constant blitzing and a heavy dose of zone is probably the only way we can get it done enough to give our offense a chance. Puts a ton of pressure on the offense, though. Portal DBs are a must this offseason.

I think Walker (13), Turnage (8), & Slaughter (0) really started playing well in the 4th. Rucker (28) just seemed to get lost a lot and despite his speed was always too far away.

Hadden & Charles are probably our best CBs so both being healthy and starting will be important for the Georgia game. I also think Dee will be really good once he’s caught up.

Jalin has to feel amazing at this point. Worked his ass off all off season after a really disappointing sophomore year and getting to see the fruits of his labors in the best way.

Complete LOL to Kyler and that other dude trying to say Hyatt looked exactly the same as last year.

He just cemented himself in the UT legend status with that performance. And he deserves all the credit in the world

Who is Kyler

The greatest misconception about a Heupel team is they don’t run. 😂

So well balanced.

At some point Bama was only rushing 3 and had 5 in the box. They gave us run looks and we took advantage.
It’s one reason I wasn’t totally despondent over Mike Leach not happening. To get psyched up with that hire I had to suspend my belief in the importance of a balanced attack. That was crystallized in Mississippi State’s loss to Kentucky last night.

A whisper is about 30 dB, normal conversation is about 60 dB, and a motorcycle engine running is about 95 dB. Noise above 70 dB over a prolonged period of time may start to damage your hearing. Loud noise above 120 dB can cause immediate harm to your ears.
Worth the risk, imo.

Last edited:
Feels so good to still be undefeated! 🥳🥳🥳

I am thrilled we did it while Saban was still at Bama too. Thought the officiating was pretty solid. They missed two bad calls, Big O targeting and the PI in the end zone where Bama WR pulled the guy down.

Refs are gonna miss calls though, but it was a pretty evenly called game.

MVP: Hyatt or Hendo, but I’d argue our OL was the real MVP. Rushed for nearly 200 and gave up just one sack (which should have been a throw away but Hooker kept it too long)

Think it was a good no call on Omari. He was trying to put his shoulder in BY’s chest. He’s just bigger.

Okay, my plan worked . I would be in real time and we’d lose with k/d/b/p. I switched it up and we’re 6-0.

We’re in San Antonio for my son’s parents weekend for his college. Texas A&M San Antonio.

I was driving for the last two series with my son giving me the play by play. Totally ran a red light when bama missed their field goal.

I have had no less than 100 congratulations from the hotel to the airport. It’s a great day to be a Tennessee Volunteer (as is everyday by the way)

Okay Week 6 game completed.
Best team won.
Vols are now 6-0 😎

Need I say it ????

15-0 🤠

View attachment 501933View attachment 501934View attachment 501935
View attachment 501936
YOU said it early (and often) Doc. Seeming less of a joke every developing second. 😎

Think it was a good no call on Omari. He was trying to put his shoulder in BY’s chest. He’s just bigger.

I’m glad it was a no call, but also thought it’d be called. That’s Bama’s starting QB and reigning Heisman winner and he took a big shot to the face.

I think Big O not hitting him square was why it wasn’t called, he didn’t drive him to the ground either.

Its amazing to me that in this day of pussification:

a group of guys, many of whom this is their first year together. Bought in to positivity. (honestly, though I dont know - a lot of it stems from their coach, whom I think may be a genuine Christian). Bought in to a message. And are getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back