Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a basketball signed by Bruce. Dude bled orange
Me too and I have a basketball signed by Pat Summitt too. My mother in law bought them both for $5 each at a garage sale in Knoxville. They were still in original boxes and signatures were turned inward. When she gave them to me I spun the basketballs around and found the signatures. I am not sure if the sellers even knew about the autographs

It goes to the SEC's scholarship fund, which funds post-graduate grants for SAs who've fulfilled their eligibility, generally in non-revenue sports. UT has had SAs in tennis, soccer, softball, swimming and track & field receive SEC post-grad funding in recent years. You're welcome, Sankey-- $250K last year and $100K this year.

TN should force Fulmer to pay the fine

40 years ago today..................

My only UT/Bama game..

usatsi_11925974.jpg

E9fup11XEAYqBzR.jpg:large
Chuck Coleman approves

On the way to my daughters soccer game today I had a gas station worker say thank god y’all won, a lady at the game point at my shirt and say there’s a happy camper, and saw a guy at the game with Vols gear on. Everyone hates Alabama
I don't. I don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama. :cool:

If we lose to Georgia, we don't get in, IMO Bama will best Georgia on the SECCG, and they aren't taking 3 SEC teams, IMO.

let’s say Vols only loss is to UGA (and it’s by 14 points or less).
let’s say UGA wins over Bama in Atlanta and is 13-0, OSU goes 13-0 and Michigan goes 11-1, Clemson goes 13-0.
Which one loss team would get the fourth playoff spot if it’s between Michigan, USC, TCU, Ole Miss and Tennessee?

Some people (probably fans who don't even pay **** to UT) are in their feels in the comments. But I think this is a brilliant move by DW and UT. They've already raised over 45k as well and that money will be reinvested in a positive way for the university. Fans who were a part of that celebration will appreciate the memories for a lifetime.

I also like that it's a direct page to UT and not through another website. 100% of what you're donating goes to the university. The "goal" amount is roughly 153k which is enough to pay the fine as well as repair the field and replace the goal posts.
I wish they'd tie it to a t-shirt something like

"I helped tear them down and I helped put the back"

Last edited:
Bama's Byron Young came within millimeters of blocking the kick. Incredible.

View attachment 502321

My dad and I discussed this after but we weren’t sure on the rule for college vs NFL. Is it only a penalty if he jumps over the OL and makes contact? He thought it was a penalty no matter what and I thought it was just contact. We were too busy celebrating to look up the rule after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back