Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same. I guess they considered the running back to be in the “general area”. Who knows.

He was nowhere near the general area. That is the second safety that bama has gotten out of being handed to them by either UT or Ut Jr this year.

I know. I know...

1665415717864.gif

Why do I keep seeing scenarios where we lose to UGA in the regular season. Let’s beat them and the sec championship doesn’t matter to us getting in the playoffs. We will be in regardless
How bout this scenario?
12-0 UT plays 12-0 Ole Miss in Atlanta.
Vols win and get top playoff spot. Ole Miss spot 4.
Ohio State spot 2
Clemson spot 3
Vols And TOSU win semifinals
Vols beat TOSU for THEE national tile.

Amazed our SoS isn't better, Akron is the only team we've beaten that doesn't currently have a winning record. And 4 of the 6 teams we've beaten were ranked in the top 25 at the time we faced them. Only Florida, LSU, & Akron weren't undefeated when we beat them too.

Last edited:
I really just want to whoop Kentucky first and then I will feel better.

We get them at home, better matchup for our defense, and we all know what the offense can do. And of course, Heupel has this team prepared for every game. You know this, but I’ll reinforce it for you. Vols 42 Cats 21.

Y'all remember the last decade of 2-3 teams then a bunch of pretenders.

NIL created immediate parity in this sport. It's wide open.

As it sits there are like 9 teams "worthy" of playoff appearances.
Georgia
Ohio State
Tennessee
Michigan
Alabama
Clemson
Texas Christian
California - LA
Ole Miss
Glad to be on that list..🙌

My dad and I discussed this after but we weren’t sure on the rule for college vs NFL. Is it only a penalty if he jumps over the OL and makes contact? He thought it was a penalty no matter what and I thought it was just contact. We were too busy celebrating to look up the rule after.
1665964595860.png

Some folks talked about worries "about how Gibbs ran on us".

He was averaging 9.3 YPC the 2 games prior to us.

We allowed 4.3 YPC to him. Js
This is why Kentucky doesn’t stand a chance against us. They won’t be able to run on us. They won’t be able to play keep away and score enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back