Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, thank you for posting this. I literally cried again watching this and especially hearing John’s voice again calling a game. It means so much to us older fans. I still remember my dad tuning a game in when I was nine years old. Bill Battle was the coach then. We were driving through the Smokies on a crisp autumn day. I can still remember how the sun felt on my face (I was lucky that day and got to sit in the front seat). I knew nothing about Tennessee football, but dad was trying to listen to the game and wanted us to keep it down. I started listening and John Wards voice Captured me. His enthusiasm calling it got me and it got me through high school, college and the military. The goat. Thank you.
We deserve better than Bob Kesling.

*I would like for John Wilkerson to be the new "Voice" of TN football. I've really enjoyed his baseball calls the past couple seasons. He bleeds Orange and it comes through on the radio who he's pulling for. If Bob doesn't want to retire yet, let him and Bert Bertelkamp keep calling Vols basketball and Wilkerson can do football and baseball games. Bob's basketball calls are pretty good but his football calls have always been undescriptive and boring. He's never lost that "local news' sports reporter" mentality.

I agreed with your post too @Ulysees E. McGill. It's time for a change in the booth

Can you help us out here Danny White? Please?

Last edited:
Did Bob Kesling redeem himself? This was the biggest game of his career hopefully he had some emotion on that field goal.
Not much..it was his same old boring, unimaginative, uninspired, bland crap....but at least it was a little better than "What a turn of events"

I'm watching this replay, we went right at TooToo a lot more than I realized in real time. And the OL was letting him HEAR IT as they were moving him 10 yards every time. I mean we went to his side or at his ass on damn near every run

He was visibly shaken and even looked scared in the after-game interview. Maybe he had enough and was ready to get back to his video making.

6x5zkw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back