Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else catch this missed read last night? This drive ended in a 4th down stop.

This would've been a guaranteed 6th touchdown for Hyatt.

Not sure what made Hendon bail from taking the shot. Play ended up in a 1st down anyway, though Small got banged up.

Hyatt is a nightmare for everyone on the schedule.
View attachment 502428View attachment 502429View attachment 502430
Guarantee this is why Hyatt had three more tds after this play and series and had an immediate bomb td the next possession. I’m sure the coaches showed Hooker and he was looking for him

Okay - let's talk about the things that didn't go well:

What happened on the mesh/fumble? Was that Hooker not being decisive? Or did he pull it too late?

And what happened on the INT - he had Bru open... he over threw him. I think he had some pressure in his face and couldn't really step into it. Not a big deal. It happens.
One thing I wish Coach would do:

Heupel doesn't work/push the refs enough for replays or challenges. I think it was one of the tide's TDs (or maybe it was a 1st down pass 🤔) was dropped, but called complete, and should have been challenged and reviewed. There was also a ball spotted incorrectly that could have been challenged. There's been other games I felt like Josh just let the play go instead of pushing for a review. It's not hurt us this season but it is a concern of mine.

* I don't think the PI in the end zone was reviewable but it should have been overturned.

Last edited:
We deserve better than Bob Kesling.

*I would like for John Wilkerson to be the new "Voice" of TN football. I've really enjoyed his baseball calls the past couple seasons. He bleeds Orange and it comes through on the radio who he's pulling for. If Bob doesn't want to retire yet, let him and Bert Bertelkamp keep calling Vols basketball and Wilkerson can do football and baseball games. Bob's basketball calls are pretty good but his football calls have always been undescriptive and boring. He's never lost that "local news' sports reporter" mentality.

Can you help us out here Danny White? Please?
Screenshot_20221016-220343_Google.jpg

Alright, been thinking about the NFL draft and who we might have to replace next season. This is what I think we will/might lose.

Offense:
D. Wright - Day 1
J. Carvin - Day 2 or 3
H. Hooker - Day 1 or 2
C. Tillman - Day 1 or 2
J. Warren - Day 3
P. Fant - Undrafted (UND)
Possibles:
J. Small - Day 3
J. Hyatt - Day 2
J. Crawford - UND (Not sure if he has another year)

Defense:
J. Banks - Day 2
B. Young - Day 1 or 2
T. Flowers - UND
J. McCullough - UND
Possibles:
T. Baron - Day 3
O. Thomas - Day 3

I think Small and Keyton return on offense. Hyatt may go get paid now. On defense, I think Beasley returns. Baron and Thomas should stay but I think Thomas can get a good draft position. I'm pretty sure Tank and Flowers have expired their playing time. Burrell will get a medical redshirt probably, and he may even transfer. Roman Harrison should have another season.

Been a long time since we've had this many players with serious chances of having their name called.

Just getting caught up. Here’s how it went for me and my daughter in west skybox 615. After parking in G17 and starting to walk towards circle park, some police motorcycles come flying by. I told her here comes someone important. It’s Peyton and his son being chauffeured in a golf cart.

After the Vol walk we go to the stadium and get on the elevator to go up to the sixth floor. A UT official gets on the elevator with CP. I told him I wished he could play again for us and he said, “Man, I’d give anything to be able to play one more time here.” I told him to just go down there and put on a Milton jersey, and no one would know. He just laughed.

Needless to say, we had a blast watching the game. After the bams scored to go up 49-42, I walked out to the common area where they serve the food, and Al Wilson and Fred White are standing just outside the university suite just shaking their heads.

So, a lifetime of cool story bro moments. I still can’t believe this all is real. Go Vols!

Last edited:
I agree, I think his finger grazed it.
tenor.gif

Can one of you nice Gentleman post that picture of Hiatt where he leaves that Bama defender in the dust? I think it was the one that tied the game at 42..All of the pictures and videos are really fun to re-watch.
We really need to give him the Teez Tabor "toast" treatment. He's earned it.

Surely someone can make this happen.

Anyone else catch this missed read last night? This drive ended in a 4th down stop.

This would've been a guaranteed 6th touchdown for Hyatt.

Not sure what made Hendon bail from taking the shot. Play ended up in a 1st down anyway, though Small got banged up.

Hyatt is a nightmare for everyone on the schedule.
View attachment 502428View attachment 502429View attachment 502430
Man...when you really watch our games on replay it is crazy how on just about every pass play there is at least one receiver running wide open.

Last edited:
Alright, been thinking about the NFL draft and who we might have to replace next season. This is what I think we will/might lose.

Offense:
D. Wright - Day 1
J. Carvin - Day 2 or 3
H. Hooker - Day 1 or 2
C. Tillman - Day 1 or 2
J. Warren - Day 3
P. Fant - Undrafted (UND)
Possibles:
J. Small - Day 3
J. Hyatt - Day 2
J. Crawford - UND (Not sure if he has another year)

Defense:
J. Banks - Day 2
B. Young - Day 1 or 2
T. Flowers - UND
J. McCullough - UND
Possibles:
T. Baron - Day 3
O. Thomas - Day 3

I think Small and Keyton return on offense. Hyatt may go get paid now. On defense, I think Beasley returns. Baron and Thomas should stay but I think Thomas can get a good draft position. I'm pretty sure Tank and Flowers have expired their playing time. Burrell will get a medical redshirt probably, and he may even transfer. Roman Harrison should have another season.

Been a long time since we've had this many players with serious chances of having their name called.
Small is certainly not a NFL running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back