Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to a decade of dominance
I really hope so...for us old fans that have witnessed us in our rightful place in the upper echelon, and have suffered through the humiliation of the last 15-18 years...and for our young fans who have stayed faithful and hopeful all these long years despite only knowing Tennessee as a joke...keeping that faith only because of the stories of past greatness us old folks have been telling them all these long dark years.

Now you know the magic, now you know the real power of being a Tennessee Volunteer.

Last edited:
I guess rival fans are taking the "Tennessee is crowdfunding new goal posts" thing seriously. UK buddy (he's a good guy) tried to give me crap about it. Oops...

View attachment 502454
The fact that this isn't obvious for so many people is wild to me. Some people have gravel in their head for real.

Okay - let's talk about the things that didn't go well:

What happened on the mesh/fumble? Was that Hooker not being decisive? Or did he pull it too late?

And what happened on the INT - he had Bru open... he over threw him. I think he had some pressure in his face and couldn't really step into it. Not a big deal. It happens.

1. No clue on the mesh point fumble, but Henson’s immediate reaction seemed to indicate that Small was supposed to take the ball.

2. The INT is pretty straightforward. Bama DL got push right in Hooker’s face. He couldn’t step into his throw and the ball sailed on him. He made a good decision (Bru was open) but a bad throw due to the pressure.

6x5zkw.jpg
Savage...🤣

After seeing Crawford's Puke and Did this morning, had to look him up. Has one year eligibility remaining. One of my faves now. Our line is nasty.
Love it. We'll see if he plays. I'm honestly not sure if Mincey is still hurt or if they liked how he played against LSU so much he got the start.

I know the O-line performance was one of the best I've ever seen.

From May after we missed out on a couple of transfer WRs:

Y'all remember the speed buzz about Hyatt? I honestly forgot. If he can improve his hands and focus, I think he'll be the star that we already have on the roster. He admitted himself that he was too focused on everything BUT football last year around this time - getting on magazines, doing interviews, etc etc. If he's as plugged in as he says he is, we might already have our secret weapon that we were all early on for a breakout expectation.

He had a couple of weird games to start last season and it threw off his whole year.

[highlights and recruit vids]

Just thinking about losing out on G5 WRs Neyor and Robinson in the transfer portal. If we picked up Jalin Hyatt in the portal right now we'd be ecstatic.

Well he sure was the superstar already on the roster

Love it. We'll see if he plays. I'm honestly not sure if Mincey is still hurt or if they liked how he played against LSU so much he got the start.

I know the O-line performance was one of the best I've ever seen.

So next year I assume:

Crawford, Unknown, Mays, Spraggins, Mincey

The biggest moment in his career and he blew it imo.
Like you knew he would...and you can't even get mad at him about it..he literally can't do any better. It's like being mad at a guy that barely has the talent to make living painting houses for not being able to paint the Sistine Chapel like Michaelangelo.

Last edited:

Heupel is loving UT and I'm extremely thankful he's here!

All the major UT sports I watch are on fire right now and we have genuine, fun, lovable coaches.

I'm 47 and this is the best year, from January to now, that I've ever experienced watching UT athletics. And it doesn't look like any sport is going to "fall off" anytime soon.

GO BIG ORANGE

Alright, been thinking about the NFL draft and who we might have to replace next season. This is what I think we will/might lose.

Offense:
D. Wright - Day 1
J. Carvin - Day 2 or 3
H. Hooker - Day 1 or 2
C. Tillman - Day 1 or 2
J. Warren - Day 3
P. Fant - Undrafted (UND)
Possibles:
J. Small - Day 3
J. Hyatt - Day 2
J. Crawford - UND (Not sure if he has another year)

Defense:
J. Banks - Day 2
B. Young - Day 1 or 2
T. Flowers - UND
J. McCullough - UND
Possibles:
T. Baron - Day 3
O. Thomas - Day 3

I think Small and Keyton return on offense. Hyatt may go get paid now. On defense, I think Beasley returns. Baron and Thomas should stay but I think Thomas can get a good draft position. I'm pretty sure Tank and Flowers have expired their playing time. Burrell will get a medical redshirt probably, and he may even transfer. Roman Harrison should have another season.

Been a long time since we've had this many players with serious chances of having their name called.
Next year is going to be...tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back