Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was like me.
My stream was lagging behind a little. I turned off Volnation because you guys were a play or 2 ahead.
My nerves were straight trainwrecked, shaking, etc.

He was lining up to kick and I hear people around the neighborhood screaming everywhere before I saw the kick. That's how I learned we won. It was surreal knowing what I was about to see come across the screen, but part of me thought it may be idiot Bama fans screaming and rubbing it in everyone's face around the area. Insane! I'll never ever forget it!

Last edited:
So just looked up the NCAA team stats leaders:

Tennessee Total Offense is No. 1. Scoring Offense is No. 2. Total Defense is 104.

UGA: Total Offense is No. 4. Total Defense is No. 3.

Ohio State: Total Offense No. 2. Total Defense No 5.
Jalin Hyatt is No. 1 in receiving TDs against 4 top 25 teams.

Tennessee Total Offense is No. 1. Scoring Offense is No. 2. Total Defense is 104.

Based on that..realistically, how many points do you think we can put on Georgia??

Keep in mind who we have played versus who they have played.

Bama is still ranked No. 16 in total defense and that's after we torched them for 52 points that probably could have been 60+.

I think our defensive will improve gradually as we play UTM, vandy, uscE, & andy.

1.Tennessee 11-1 (Loss To Georgia)

2.Alabama 12-1 (Sec Champion)

3.Georgia 12-1 (Sec Runner-Up)

4. Ole Miss 11-1 ( Loss to Alabama)

I know Tennessee would likely be third(#1 to me) but is it possible for the college football playoffs to be made fully of SEC Teams?

Unbelievable that he’s doing this with roster. But yikes, we gotta improve the defense. Or score 50 a game. Which is doable, lol.

UGA also sits near 80th in SOS. Not many offensive juggernauts on that schedule of theirs so far.

So I think it’s got to be said:

Your the defensive coordinator and your deciding how to defend Tilman, Hyatt, and McCoy. You can’t double, you certainly can’t roll coverage, and you’d be fired playing 1v1.

What do you do?

I’ll hangup and listen..
1665950131568.gif
*you're

Last edited:

I’d like to see how the stats line up with how many plays our defense sees along with the TOP. I know it’s not a excuse but I’d say we’re out there a helluva lot more and longer than other squads.

My boss knows that I am a crazy UT fan. He has never said anything to lead me to think that he even watches football. He sent me a text this morning telling me that he is actually a closet UT fan. And that he will see me Tuesday. Which means that I am off tomorrow. So the party goes on LOL. It's great to be a VOL. Love you morans.

Last edited:
Based on that..realistically, how many points do you think we can put on Georgia??
I still think we put up 40.

No one has played an offense like ours.

The matchups are tough.

I will say this, if the O line plays well and Hooker and the WRs have time then we roll on offense.

If not, then we struggle and will become one dimensional - if they can get real pressure with just rushing 4 that is tough on this offense.

Our scheme will still put our best WR on a safety or a match up we want, but it won't be consistent if we can't handle the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back