Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key is “directly above the frame”. Still on road and not seen replays to see if it met that. Not sure what it means. Over torso only?

Also a hurdling rule too but I BELIEVE BUT this is the rule in play here.
I don't think it was a foul because the section you are citing is speaking specifically about a punt and not a kick. In the section about a kick, it is silent on hurdling the blocker. He did not step on, put a hand on or get lifted. This is very fun to debate because it totally does not matter because the kick still went through.

Our offense puts enormous pressure on opposing offenses and defenses. The defenses feel like they have to get at least 1-2 stops and possibly a turnover. The offenses feel like they have to score on every possession. Granted, it works both ways to a degree, but our offense is so good that we dictate the flow of the game.

This is something that hasn't been talked about enough. Nobody else in the country is forcing teams to completely change their identity just to play with us.

If Al Wilson stumbled into a Waffle House and fell into a booth, I still wouldn't want to trade fisticuffs with the man. He is still a scary looking dude.
I remember a few years ago I was at Gus’ post game. This young little frat boy was legit talking **** to Al. What a show that would've been had Al’s peeps let him loose

Reactions: InVOLuntary
So just looked up the NCAA team stats leaders:

Tennessee Total Offense is No. 1. Scoring Offense is No. 2. Total Defense is 104.

UGA: Total Offense is No. 4. Total Defense is No. 3.

Ohio State: Total Offense No. 2. Total Defense No 5.

We have defended more plays than all but FIVE out of 132 teams, nationally.

Yards PER PLAY we are actually 47th nationally. That's in the 65th percentile. We also have a top 10 SOS unlike UGA and OSU.

It's not great, but it's not nearly as bad as those skewed total stats would make it seem. Our rush defense is top 10 nationally (#6 to be exact).

The amount of goal post moving by opposing fan bases is hilarious. Both UGA and UK fans are now convinced that we still haven’t played a good defense and that UK has a better defense than Alabama. Apparently they won’t let us score more than 30.

Yeah...I think Kentucky got a shot in the arm of confidence because Miss State played terrible. The thing is Miss State is a one dimensional team, and they rarely run the ball, in fact they average 23 carries a game for 93 yards a game, both are worst in the SEC. The only team with a lower yards per carry is Kentucky. I mean to their credit they did contain Miss State's passing attack, holding them to just 200 yards. But it's a different style of passing attack. We like to spread folks out and take shots down the field, allowing our WRs to pressure DBs all game and if a mistake is made we have the speed to make teams pay (like Hyatt did to Bama).

Again though UGA & UK haven't faced offenses anywhere near as good as we are.

2nd in PPG
5th in Passing Yards per Game
7th in Passing TDs per Game
27th in Rushing Yards per Game
10th in Rushing TDs per Game
1st in Total Yards per Game

Only 2 P5 schools averaging 300+ passing yards and 200+ rushing yards a game. Ohio State & TN and Ohio State did it against ND, Arkansas State, Toledo, Wisconsin, Rutgers, and Michigan State of those teams Toledo is the only team that's above 500 right now.

Bama's defensive ratings look worse now because we lit them up. But before our game here's how they ranked

6th in Points Allowed 12.5
10th in Passing Yards Allowed 166.3
6th in Rushing Yards Allowed 84.5
5th in Total Yards Allowed 250.8

Kentucky's Rankings in same categories
12th in Points Allowed 16.4
16th in Passing Yards Allowed 178.3
31st in Rushing Yards Allowed 117.1
14th in Total Yards Allowed 295.4

Georgia's Rankings in same categories
2nd in Points Allowed 9.1
8th in Passing Yards Allowed 163.7
5th in Rushing Yards Allowed 83.4
3rd in Total Yards Allowed 247.1

Bama & Georgia are closer in rankings than Kentucky is to Georgia. And if you remove our game from the mix Kentucky is closer to LSU than they are Bama/Georgia while playing the 39th rated SOS. Bama's is 14th, TN is 18th, LSU is 23rd, & Georgia is 65th.

So honestly I'd say at this point the better question is when is Kentucky/Georgia gonna face a stout team that's as good as we are, cause looking at their schedules right now we're the strongest team either have left to play.

In 1982, one season after sharing the SEC title with Georgia, Bear Bryant and Alabama were 5-0 and ranked #2 in the country after thumping #3 Penn State in Birmingham.

They rolled into Knoxville, TN and got beat 35-28. Snapping an 11-game winning streak over the Vols.

Then the wheels came off...

After rebounding over Cincinnati and Mississippi State, they dropped three more games.
#11 LSU 20-10
Southern Miss 38-29
Auburn 23-22
All at home, and they'd had an 11-game and 7-game streak over LSU and Auburn, respectively. And a 57-game home winning streak.

They won the Liberty Bowl over Illinois, and Bear Bryant retired.

Alabama has a lot of flaws this season. They're lucky they aren't 4-3. I bet they lose again, and we start to see the end of the Saban Era in college football.
If that happens, I'm glad they hadn't won before us. Let UT be the opening salvo of the fall.

We're at the point where if your QB doesn't have the ability to evade the pass rush like AR/ Bryce, then you're not going to have a chance to beat us. It's that simple.
UK testing their wide receivers at QB as we speak. As I mentioned before, Stetson Bennet will go out game week trying to catch Covid.

I also have read that SC is convinced their DB’s are more talented than Bama and won’t let Hyatt past them.
dr-evil-right.gif

NEXT: 2022 Heisman Candidates: Top 2
2. QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee

Why Hendon Hooker Will Win the Heisman: I tried to tell everyone back in 2019 he had special upside when he was at Virginia Tech. 2020 was 2020 and he had a rough year, but he hooked up with Josh Heupel at Tennessee, and …
I tried to tell everyone the Vol coaching staff was nuts for starting Joe Milton. That lasted about 30 seconds, Hooker stepped in, and all he did was throw 31 touchdown passes and three picks in a breakthrough season for the program.
This year? In six games has hit 70% of his throws for 1,817 yards and 15 touchdowns and just the one interception last week against Alabama.
Oh yeah … the Alabama game, Did Tennessee beat Bama or something, because it seems like the world is talking about it.
21-of-30, 385 yards, close to 13 yards per pass, five touchdown passes, a wonderful final drive to set up the game-winning field goal, and about a gajillion babies named Hendon coming in nine months after what he and the Vols just did.
Why Hendon Hooker Won’t Win the Heisman: I know we’re not supposed to say this while everyone is still buzzing because he did throw more touchdown passes, got the win, and was absolutely brilliant, but …
(In a very, very quiet whisper … ) Bryce Young was better.
Okay, forget that. Did Young win? No.
Hooker created the magical moment that will live forever in Tennessee lore. Now he has to do it again with Kentucky up in a few weeks, and he’ll have to do it at South Carolina, and at Georgia, and …
Yeah, Georgia. If he lights up the Dawgs and Tennessee wins, this thing might be over unless something unbelievable comes from …

#1 is CJ Stroud on this list...

I find it funny that a game with 1,200 yards of offense and 13 touchdowns ended with an absolute knuckle ball field goal.
I know it has been mentioned multiple times, but McGrath absolutely blasted that kick. If he does not hit it that hard, no way it goes through. Herculean, epic kick.

NEXT: 2022 Heisman Candidates: Top 2
2. QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee

Why Hendon Hooker Will Win the Heisman: I tried to tell everyone back in 2019 he had special upside when he was at Virginia Tech. 2020 was 2020 and he had a rough year, but he hooked up with Josh Heupel at Tennessee, and …
I tried to tell everyone the Vol coaching staff was nuts for starting Joe Milton. That lasted about 30 seconds, Hooker stepped in, and all he did was throw 31 touchdown passes and three picks in a breakthrough season for the program.
This year? In six games has hit 70% of his throws for 1,817 yards and 15 touchdowns and just the one interception last week against Alabama.
Oh yeah … the Alabama game, Did Tennessee beat Bama or something, because it seems like the world is talking about it.
21-of-30, 385 yards, close to 13 yards per pass, five touchdown passes, a wonderful final drive to set up the game-winning field goal, and about a gajillion babies named Hendon coming in nine months after what he and the Vols just did.
Why Hendon Hooker Won’t Win the Heisman: I know we’re not supposed to say this while everyone is still buzzing because he did throw more touchdown passes, got the win, and was absolutely brilliant, but …
(In a very, very quiet whisper … ) Bryce Young was better.
Okay, forget that. Did Young win? No.
Hooker created the magical moment that will live forever in Tennessee lore. Now he has to do it again with Kentucky up in a few weeks, and he’ll have to do it at South Carolina, and at Georgia, and …
Yeah, Georgia. If he lights up the Dawgs and Tennessee wins, this thing might be over unless something unbelievable comes from …

#1 is CJ Stroud on this list...

Who did this list? This person very much likes themselves.

“I tried telling everybody….”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back