Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think bama makes it to the championship game. They are undisciplined and their D isn't what it normally is. They have so much talent on that roster, but the assistant coach turnover might finally be catching up with them.

Ole Miss will beat them at home.
They have LSU in Death Valley when we play UGA. Likely to be a night game. I wouldn’t give them that one yet either.

I think DC Banks did a nice job of mixing up the coverages. I saw a lot less of the huge cushion zones. We had a few busted assignments but some of the other plays were just due to the caliber of QB that Bryce is and their receivers/TE made some nice contested catches.

Banks is a better DC than most give him credit for. It's not anyone's fault we have what we have in the secondary (that will be fixed on the recruiting trail, imo) but even with the splash plays they give up our D is still pretty damned good at preventing 1st downs and TDs and ultimately I will take that over total D stats any day. But I think the job our defensive coaches are doing is being overlooked because the stats traditionally used to measure a D look bad but they have maximized what they have to work with.

Listened to him first time ever. Swain is funny. Some jackass OSU fan came on RIGHT AFTER this man told a tearjerking story about him and his daughter going to the game together. Guy came on wanting to talk shiz and Swain just straight clowned him. He is hilarious.
Yeah, Swain's a dude...he don't mess around.

You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.
I would say Bama is a better offense but overall team wise UGA is better. They will definitely try to shorten the game. Our linebackers will need to have a big game

I would say Bama is a better offense but overall team wise UGA is better. They will definitely try to shorten the game. Our linebackers will need to have a big game

may be be true

But based on what we have seen from UGA and their schedule, how do we know they are better?

That schedule has been awful and we are pushing November.

I don't think bama makes it to the championship game. They are undisciplined and their D isn't what it normally is. They have so much talent on that roster, but the assistant coach turnover might finally be catching up with them.

Ole Miss will beat them at home.
Be careful not to fall for Bama PR. These are the facts:
Alabama has allowed a total 14 TDs this season. . . 7 were to the Vols.

Alabama hadn't allowed a 1st quarter touchdown in 13 games. Tennessee had 3 in the 1st qtr.
And they've played 7 games.

Heup out-coached Nickie and our players out-played Bama.

I'm not on Twitter, so all of you that are...let White know we want a black out for Kentucky, with orange shakers. It would be awesome looking, and an amazing environment, along with Dark Mode uni's.

Let him know on the twitter box, he'll listen.

Thank you.

In 1982, one season after sharing the SEC title with Georgia, Bear Bryant and Alabama were 5-0 and ranked #2 in the country after thumping #3 Penn State in Birmingham.

They rolled into Knoxville, TN and got beat 35-28. Snapping an 11-game winning streak over the Vols.

Then the wheels came off...

After rebounding over Cincinnati and Mississippi State, they dropped three more games.
#11 LSU 20-10
Southern Miss 38-29
Auburn 23-22
All at home, and they'd had an 11-game and 7-game streak over LSU and Auburn, respectively. And a 57-game home winning streak.

They won the Liberty Bowl over Illinois, and Bear Bryant retired.

Alabama has a lot of flaws this season. They're lucky they aren't 4-3. I bet they lose again, and we start to see the end of the Saban Era in college football.
They somehow have the #1 class coming in....again. He ain't goin no where.

I do not understand these kids...smh...they are nothing but gutless followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back