Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated...

Kia Sorento, Honda Pilot, or Toyota Highlander? Looking at getting a new to me SUV with 3rd row seating and these are the 3 I've identified.

Look no further:
be72be86e3a2102f2abc7ec8d7d134ee.jpg

My wife test drove all three of those along with a Kia Telluride and Nissan Pathfinder. Went with a Pathfinder Platinum trim 4WD. Drove better and had a nicer interior than the Pilot and Highlander. Telluride was nice but they're just overpriced due to demand. Sorento was nice but probably at the bottom of the list. Also have a neighbor with a fairly new Pilot and it has had some issues. Honda reliability has been sliding. Reliability should be great with the Pathfinder since they ditched the CVT and the new transmission has been great. Of the three you listed, I would lean towards the Highlander...but it's pretty bland to drive. Everyone has different tastes though...

Yeah, I'm not buying a post covid build. Have heard horror stories about the corners being cut.

So really 2015-2020 are the year range. Telluride and Pathfinder are both bigger than what I'd like though. What would you say makes Highlander bland to drive though?

No, this is exactly what they do, many had just forgotten it. I have said it for a very long time, the UT-Bama rivalry is different than the Iron Bowl. Yes, Bama hates losing to Auburn; but, losing to us...they give a whole new definition to sore loser. They get absolutely beside themselves...we're seeing it right now with petitions and literally crying on the radio...Saban needs a block of cheese for all the whining he's doing, he come right out and pretty much said his team was intimidated.

This is nothing new...I remember how they use to get whenever we were beating that ass; hell, I lived down there for two years during our streak, and they were burning the state down, for real...a guy who lived down the street burnt his entire porch, and almost his house down, whenever he set his Bama flag on fire that was hanging from his porch, this was in '96. I'll never forget, going into Manning's Sr year, I had a Bama fan tell me that they would win a National Title before we would, true story. Another true story, and on another note, getting away from UT-Bama...a few years ago, after a loss to LSU (if im not mistaken), a Bama fan, a lady, shot and and killed another lady, also a Bama fan...all because she wasn't upset enough to the perpetrator's liking, because Bama had lost.

They are the biggest sore losers in the country, and the biggest bunch of dumbsh!ts in the world. Besides cheating at football, about the only thing else they're even remotely good at, is embarrassing themselves.

So true. Great post. Reminds me of the #1 on the list of:

"Being a Typical Alabama Fan"

The most important aspect of his life is that EVERYONE must know that Alabama is his favorite team at every moment of his life. He thinks about Bama football more than he thinks of sex. How do I proclaim my fandom to the world? he always ponders. His truck, his trailer, his clothes, his pets, his tattoos, his parole papers - all of them must include a reference to his Bama fandom.

Anyone remember little Nicky’s 1st 2 seasons at Bama? 7-6 year 1, 12-0 year 2 (lost to Florida I think in SECC game, and I think he lost the bowl game). Anyone see any similarities? If it held up and ended up setting us up for a historic run with numerous NCs, then LETTUCE GO!!
Iirc..Nick signed the #10 class in 07, then developed the hell out of it, so it ended up having a ton of great players that are the foundation of his Dynasty...and then Bama bought several awesome #1 recruiting classes after that and have just kept on rolling.

I’ve got a 2021 Kia Sorento. It’s great, really comfortable and it’s safe. Only word of caution I’d give is if the 3rd row is important you may find it small. The 3rd row seats aren’t terrible to sit in, they have some room, but when you put up the 3rd row seats the trunk space becomes extremely limited. I have a 13 month old and if we have the 3rd row up, we have trouble sitting a stroller.

We'd mostly have the 3rd row down 90% of the time. But having the 3rd row means we'd have more cargo space when it's down and that's ultimately why it's an option I'm using in my search.

The main factors are AWD/4WD and rear air with more cargo space than her 2012 Sportage and the 2009 Ford Escape I'm trading in.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Kliff is on the hot seat in Arizona too. The NFL doesn't have recruiting but it's a grind in other ways. Once you get rolling in CFB you can keep rolling for a long, long time. In the NFL it's constant turnover and you've got a GM and owner who supersede you.

As long as DW is at UT, Heup is gonna have it made. If he went to the NFL he's swimming with sharks.
Forgot about KK. Yeah, he is definitely on hot seat. Luckily 10 wins might win the division. Going back, look at Petrino. Who's the last successful college coach to translate successfully to NFL? Jimmy Johnson?

While I'm sure it probably wouldn't have moved the needle a ton more since our game was by far the most interesting. But we achieved that number with two other games on national networks going to overtime during the same time. One of which was a huge game for the B12 race, and the other was Wisconsin-MSU, who have pretty big followings as well. I bet that number could've been 13+ million if those games were going on at the exact same time.

Reactions: Rishvol
Unrelated...

Kia Sorento, Honda Pilot, or Toyota Highlander? Looking at getting a new to me SUV with 3rd row seating and these are the 3 I've identified.
We have a Hyundai palisade ordered. We were going to go highlander before we learned about the pallisade and the warranty.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Ball State - W
Pitt - W
Akron - W
Floriduh - W
LSU - W
Bama - W
UTM -
KY -
UGA -
Mizzou -
SCar -
Andy -

They only team left on our schedule that gives me pause is UGA. They are good, but they are not unbeatable. We have beaten them in recent memory so they don't hold the same mental block that teams like UF and Bama normally would. We have conquered those mental block teams, so now all we have to do is execute and improve. Execute and improve. Not many people in the CFB world would have given us much shot at it, but if we continue to take care of business there is no reason why a 12-0 regular season is beyond our reach. Oh, and we are in year 2 with Jermy's cruits. Wait til Huep and crew get their cruits and really get this big orange train rolling!!!

BetterShorttermButterfly-size_restricted.gif

I love Jabari, Jalen Wright, and Dylan Sampson, but I hope we can mix in some bruiser body types moving forward. Need some guys to meat-grind opposing LBs
Not sure we need bruisers - we need another Alvin Kamara.

Kamara probably would have won the Heisman in 2016 if coached by Heupel. That dude might have had 150+ total yards from scrimmage in every game he played.

The story behind the rivalry is awesome, but neither has historically had a good football program, which I think keeps it from being one of the better rivalry games. The Egg Bowl might be the most underrated rivalry in all of college football, but like the Border War it doesn't get as much attention because neither school in the rivalry is a historically good program. If those schools cared more about football and/or were better at it, then I think you could make that argument.

The Iron Bowl has historical political causes behind the rivalry as well, plus both programs involved have had a lot of historical success. I think you need both to have a truly great rivalry.
I guess I'll clarify to say that I was giving arguments for the "most heated" rivalries. Not necessarily the "best" or "most significant/important" rivalries.

"Most heated" can be between two programs that go 0-fer leading up to the game for several decades so long as that one game is annually a violent affair that spills out into the streets lol.

Bama got no moral victories. No loss for bama is a moral victory, their fan base and players were absolutely devastated after the game
Dude..they are saying " We were right there...we could/should have won"...that's obviously what I meant by that.

I don't want Kentucky to be able to say..or even be able to think that they "could have won...except"....I want to utterly obliterate their program and send them back to their rightful historical cellar dwelling place for the forseeable future...right next to Vandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back