Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Fifteen years of full stomachs have made them soft. They have forgotten what it means to be truly hungry.

To the bama fans that need to be hongry for a while....
longest-yard-gimme-that-cheeseburger.gif

My wife test drove all three of those along with a Kia Telluride and Nissan Pathfinder. Went with a Pathfinder Platinum trim 4WD. Drove better and had a nicer interior than the Pilot and Highlander. Telluride was nice but they're just overpriced due to demand. Sorento was nice but probably at the bottom of the list. Also have a neighbor with a fairly new Pilot and it has had some issues. Honda reliability has been sliding. Reliability should be great with the Pathfinder since they ditched the CVT and the new transmission has been great. Of the three you listed, I would lean towards the Highlander...but it's pretty bland to drive. Everyone has different tastes though...
Changing the Transmission was huge for the Pathfinder. I'm a Nissan guy, but avoid the CVT Nissans. My best friend is a UTK engineering grad and works for Nissan (just got the call up from Japan headquarters to work there for 2 years because he's so good at what he does), mostly on Pathfinders (they're letting him have design input on the remodel coming in 5 ish years). My mom's Pathfinder has the CVT and always has problems. Never had any problems from the other 3 Nissans in our family. He has flatly said to get rid of that Pathfinder lol.

But the new transmission Pathfinders are one of their best vehicles.

Changing the Transmission was huge for the Pathfinder. I'm a Nissan guy, but avoid the CVT Nissans. My best friend is a UTK engineering grad and works for Nissan (just got the call up from Japan headquarters to work there for 2 years because he's so good at what he does), mostly on Pathfinders (they're letting him have design input on the remodel coming in 5 ish years). My mom's Pathfinder has the CVT and always has problems. Never had any problems from the other 3 Nissans in our family. He has flatly said to get rid of that Pathfinder lol.

But the new transmission Pathfinders are one of their best vehicles.
Agreed. The JATCO CVT transmissions that Nissan uses are garbage. Jeep tried for a while with them too and it was an absolute failure. Most of them go out shortly after 100k miles right after the warranty is up. Almost no transmissions shops will replace them and if you do buy a new one they start at about 4500 plus the labor to install.

You read it as a Sorrento mixup. No the telluride is a 7 passenger beast. I would say Telluride or Palisade. Go to reddit telluride or palisade and look up dealerships that charge zero markup over MSRP.
Hyundai dealer in Alcoa emailed my wife to tell her that they’re not charging markup on their vehicles now, after my wife told them a few days prior that we went somewhere else to get our palisade bc they didn’t charge markup like their store was doing. We went with Hallmark Hyundai thanks to @YankeeVol suggestion

Hyundai dealer in Alcoa emailed my wife to tell her that they’re not charging markup on their vehicles now, after my wife told them a few days prior that we went somewhere else to get our palisade bc they didn’t charge markup like their store was doing. We went with Hallmark Hyundai thanks to @YankeeVol suggestion

You have someome you worked with? Looking to get some information and a quote and parlay a UT game to that weekend.

Not sure $5/gal really matters when your forking over $50k+ for a vehicle.

If you think this then you don't know about 50k cars. The Palisade is 48k and the Telluride in some versions are about 47k in the span of 5 years this is about $50/ month on the loan.

If you are in sales and drive about 25,000 miles a year...we are talking 2500/year in extra fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back