Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think this then you don't know about 50k cars. The Palisade is 48k and the Telluride in some versions are about 47k
Point is, what difference does a few thousand extra in gas really matter when you're paying $50k+ for the vehicle? Find a good deal where you save $2,500 on the price and the gas difference is built into the savings.

The number 15 has had a special place for me for 34 yrs. Me and my wife were married 10/15/'88. This past Sat. was 10/15. We snapped a 15 yr. streak. And started the last game-winning possession with 15 sec. on the clock. Unforgettable and glorious. What an anniversary present!
And also Bru McCoy #15, caught the pass leading up to the field goal attempt. Happy for you guys.

An 11-1 finish and a close loss to Georgia would be really hard to keep Tennessee out of the playoff with that SOS and resume. Ideally, show up to Atlanta 12-0 and we’re already locked in.
I agree, assuming UGA wins the SECCG. If UGA loses to Alabama in that game, I think Tennessee gets left out. They would not let Alabama, UGA, and Tennessee, all at 11-1, into the CFP.

Rightly or wrongly, Tennessee would be "penalized" for not playing in the conference title game, even though we would have beaten the conference champ in the regular season.

I agree, assuming UGA wins the SECCG. If UGA loses to Alabama in that game, I think Tennessee gets left out. They would not let Alabama, UGA, and Tennessee, all at 11-1, into the CFP.

Rightly or wrongly, Tennessee would be "penalized" for not playing in the conference title game, even though we would have beaten the conference champ in the regular season.

We’ll be rooting for Bama to lose another game this season so it keeps them out for certain. 10-2 is an ideal record for Bama and keeps it a strong W but likely out of the playoff, even with a SECCG W.

This is BS. If it really is a 16 year old sending this, he/she is looking for their 15 minutes of fame and figures being a drama king/queen will get it.
Has to be BS. An old high school friend of mine who is a die hard Bama fan and has been as long as I've known him was at that game with his daughter and wife who are both die hard VOL fans. After the game he rushed the field with them wearing a collared Bama shirt. They took pictures with players, fans and a coach or two. Said the fans were actually great and despite losing he had a great time with them. And everyone was partying too hard to be upset with him. He just went with the flow and everyone was fine. Some of you probably have pictures of him. Short, Hispanic guy with short hair with a blonde wife and daughter in tow.

We’ll be rooting for Bama to lose another game this season so it keeps them out for certain. 10-2 is an ideal record for Bama and keeps it a strong W but likely out of the playoff, even with a SECCG W.
In this day and age, I cannot imagine the CFP committee keeping an SEC champ out of the playoff unless that team had an 8 or 9 win regular season.

That’s the nightmare scenario and i would say the most likely scenario of the three. I hope Alabama stumbles along the way

An 11-1 finish and a close loss to Georgia would be really hard to keep Tennessee out of the playoff with that SOS and resume. Ideally, show up to Atlanta 12-0 and we’re already locked in.
I dont think so. IF Tennessee were to get beat by 14+ in the SECCG I do not believe they would make the playoffs at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Yeah, I'm not buying a post covid build. Have heard horror stories about the corners being cut.

So really 2015-2020 are the year range. Telluride and Pathfinder are both bigger than what I'd like though. What would you say makes Highlander bland to drive though?
My wife's is a 2022 and there are definitely no corners cut, but I completely understand the concern. Her Pathfinder is world's apart from the previous gen with the CVT. The Highlander is a comfortable and solid vehicle, but it's just a numb driving experience. Super soft steering, a bit of throttle delay, and floats a bit around corners. Nothing enjoyable to me, but not anything to really bother you either...if that makes sense. Vehicles have never just been a tool to get from A to B for me personally. I want something that has a little personality and that I have a little fun driving. My wife's '22 Pathfinder in sport mode is fun to drive for a third row midsize SUV. The Highlander is a solid and reliable vehicle for sure and you might enjoy driving it. Like I said, everyone is different.

Just watched this entire video breakdown of several key plays. Two things really stand out. 1) Hooker is so good at influencing coverage with how he looks off receivers and creates space for completions, 2) the O-line was really good at pass pro.
It's the O-line for me. If they keep that up, we beat UGA.

Because if we have time, you can't stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back