Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the Transmission was huge for the Pathfinder. I'm a Nissan guy, but avoid the CVT Nissans. My best friend is a UTK engineering grad and works for Nissan (just got the call up from Japan headquarters to work there for 2 years because he's so good at what he does), mostly on Pathfinders (they're letting him have design input on the remodel coming in 5 ish years). My mom's Pathfinder has the CVT and always has problems. Never had any problems from the other 3 Nissans in our family. He has flatly said to get rid of that Pathfinder lol.

But the new transmission Pathfinders are one of their best vehicles.
Yeah, the CVTs are bad...although I've known several folks who had over 200k miles on their Nissan with a CVT without issues. They're a gamble. I've got complete faith in Nissans with a regular transmission. Love my Nissan Titan and my wife finally has a vehicle she loves enough to keep clean...lol.

Reactions: SoilVol
My wife's is a 2022 and there are definitely no corners cut, but I completely understand the concern. Her Pathfinder is world's apart from the previous gen with the CVT. The Highlander is a comfortable and solid vehicle, but it's just a numb driving experience. Super soft steering, a bit of throttle delay, and floats a bit around corners. Nothing enjoyable to me, but not anything to really bother you either...if that makes sense. Vehicles have never just been a tool to get from A to B for me personally. I want something that has a little personality and that I have a little fun driving. My wife's '22 Pathfinder in sport mode is fun to drive for a third row midsize SUV. The Highlander is a solid and reliable vehicle for sure and you might enjoy driving it. Like I said, everyone is different.

Good info appreciate you sharing. Ultimately I think any of the 3 we're looking at would be solid choices. They rate high on reviews from all the big names and are makes that are constantly praised. I don't think I can find a 2022 Pathfinder in budget, but I do like the way they look. Big upgrade over previous generation.

4Runner is another option, but they are so inflated it's crazy. I have found newer Sorentos/Pilots/Highlanders with less mileage and higher end packages for far less than I'm seeing 4 runners.

Any hard feelings between Heupel/Simpson family?
Heupel is competitve as hell. I don't think there's anything personal there, but Heupel was obviously disappointed that Simpson didn't give them a longer look before committing.

Heupel wants to score 60 points and gain 500 yards on everyone. It's just who he is.
-Hubbs

Alex Golesh: “You see Jalin out at practice today and it’s like nothing ever happened. He’s working on his craft and coaching up the others.”
-TOS, from Golesh PC

Love this

I dont think so. IF Tennessee were to get beat by 14+ in the SECCG I do not believe they would make the playoffs at that point.

It will definitely depend on other teams and their respective seasons up to that point. But from recent history, usually an undefeated SEC team in Atlanta is safe. I do see your point of a blowout potentially leaving an undefeated regular season team out.

Yeah one reason I'm avoiding anything newer than 2020...might need to avoid 2020 too with Kia/Hyundai it looks like. Thanks for the info
I've got several family members with 2021 and 2022 Nissans and Toyotas and everything has looked great. No corners cut. Some other brands had more trouble than others with their workforce and getting parts, so the post-COVID stuff doesn't apply to every newer vehicle. With the high costs of used vehicles right now, you could potentially burn yourself going used over new...just depends on what vehicle you want. If financing is involved in any way, then you'll definitely take a bigger hit on interest buying used. Don't just dismiss newer vehicles unless they're simply too expensive.

Reactions: SoilVol
I've got several family members with 2021 and 2022 Nissans and Toyotas and everything has looked great. No corners cut. Some other brands had more trouble than others with their workforce and getting parts, so the post-COVID stuff doesn't apply to every newer vehicle. With the high costs of used vehicles right now, you could potentially burn yourself going used over new...just depends on what vehicle you want. If financing is involved in any way, then you'll definitely take a bigger hit on interest buying used. Don't just dismiss newer vehicles unless they're simply too expensive.

Yeah also true. I don't think our price point puts any newer vehicles in the running at the size we want the SUV to be. (wanna be 35k or less)

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Dude..they are saying " We were right there...we could/should have won"...that's obviously what I meant by that.

I don't want Kentucky to be able to say..or even be able to think that they "could have won...except"....I want to utterly obliterate their program and send them back to their rightful historical cellar dwelling place for the forseeable future...right next to Vandy.
I want it to be LSU 2.0. Except we score more, and them less

Good info appreciate you sharing. Ultimately I think any of the 3 we're looking at would be solid choices. They rate high on reviews from all the big names and are makes that are constantly praised. I don't think I can find a 2022 Pathfinder in budget, but I do like the way they look. Big upgrade over previous generation.

4Runner is another option, but they are so inflated it's crazy. I have found newer Sorentos/Pilots/Highlanders with less mileage and higher end packages for far less than I'm seeing 4 runners.
Yeah, 4runners are stupid expensive for what you get. Good reliable traditional SUV that's good for going off-road...but way too much.

Dude..they are saying " We were right there...we could/should have won"...that's obviously what I meant by that.

I don't want Kentucky to be able to say..or even be able to think that they "could have won...except"....I want to utterly obliterate their program and send them back to their rightful historical cellar dwelling place for the forseeable future...right next to Vandy.
Still a lot of guys leftover from the 2020 game. I think they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder.

I have a bama friend and he has only focused on our reaction to our win. No comment on what a great game it was or congrats on a hard fought victory. Just why do UT fans act like that. No idea what we have been through. They need a decade of wandering.
Same thing here. My brother is a Gump and called him yesterday and all he wanted to talk about was how they would never act like that. "The Bear Bryant way" is yo act like you've been there before. Also mentioned that just once he wants to see Alabama get treated fairly by the refs.

I just kept my mouth shut and quickly ended the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back