Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a vehicle you can drive to hell and back for 20+ years...that is value.
New ones are going around $50k, give or take several thousand depending on trim level. They're way overpriced and are mechanically the same as one several years older. If driving something to hell and back for 20+ years is the main goal...there are more affordable options out there. Don't get me wrong...they're great vehicles...but I don't think they're worth what they go for now.

Again, some great play breakdowns from Saturday.

Looking at Hooker's play and thinking back to all the vitriolic arguments on here between the pro-Bailey, pro-whomever crowds, can we just ask two simple things of VN going forward:

Please stop picking your QB, getting emotionally invested in that pick, and stinking up the forum for years on end.

Please. And:

Secondly, VN... Please hold the people that refuse to do that accountable. Mock them mercilessly until they stop or leave. Give them the reply, post, GIF, meme equivalent of being tazed.

Looking at Hooker's play and thinking back to all the vitriolic arguments on here between the pro-Bailey, pro-whomever crowds, can we just ask two simple things of VN going forward:

Please stop picking your QB, getting emotionally invested in that pick, and stinking up the forum for years on end.

Please. And:

Secondly, VN... Please hold the people that refuse to do that accountable. Mock them mercilessly until they stop or leave. Give them the reply, post, GIF, meme equivalent of being tazed.

Coming out of that spring game I thought it was Bailey. But since I wasn’t posting on this forum at the time, I’ll just say I knew it was obviously Hooker all along.

I'm not trying to stir the pot...but I'm also a logical/realist fan (who leans optimistic most the time).

I think we're the best offense in the country, don't feel there is much debate to be had there.

But I don't think I'd say we're the best -team- in the country (not yet at least). Really feel like if we've got a legit shot at 15-0 we need to see the defense take a few more steps. I'm okay with giving up all the passing yards, it's expected with other teams playing catchup. But we at least need to see more turnovers and sacks.

I'd say we're in the mix with Ohio State & Georgia though...and we'll get our chance to prove it head to head with Georgia in their stadium. But right now we need to get the secondary healthy and have a clean injury free game against UT Martin.
Our defense giving up 35 (I am not counting that garbage TD on 4th down when we got one of the worst DPI calls ever on us because their WR literally tackled our 2 DBs that were going to intercept the pass) to Alabama is not that bad considering they have the Heisman winner and the best RB in cfb, and a huge stable of big fast good handed WRs and TEs.

If Young had played like he has in a few other games...we would have blown them out.

I understand wanting Kamara. He was/is an incredibly rare talent. Big guy, big player in a compact package. But there is a place for a physically big back too. There's a reason they had Fant contribute, and he got that TD because he made it happen with his power. Need more big RBs to contribute like that, IMO.
We need a Chris Rodriguez type.

We’re very likely going to the playoffs this year. Truly remarkable.

UGA is the only team left that can beat us and if they do we’ll avoid the SECC and slide into playoffs. Or if we win out we’ll make playoffs with a win or loss in SECC.

Think about that? Unless we really screw up we’re playoff bound.
Impossible. Not until we've stacked up 4-5 stars for a few years. It's the laws of physics, the Recruiting Service Principle. Einstein's Theory of On3 Relativity. The Dawg Particle. All that...

My wife asked what I wanted to for Christmas.

"Playoff tickets."

It was that simple. And it was also unbelievable to make that statement knowing that's a legit possibility, depending on how everything shakes out.

I've never heard it called playoff tickets before. Whatever revs your engine I guess.

Yes. But Saban is due his credit. He’s the best that’s ever done it
Anywhere even close to equal talent....and nobody is calling him the GOAT.

A really good coach sure, but it ain't hard to win 95% of your games when you have 2-3 times more stacked high 4* and 5* talent as everyone you play outside of Clemson, UGA and OSU...plus having the officials in your pocket for 15 years just in case having twice as much talent was not enough.

I know he is a really good coach, but I will never call him the greatest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back