Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern is whether or not we can keeps our RBs and DBs healthy for our last few games. I don’t want to drop one because of our depth issues at RB and DB. Small and Wright’s pass protection goes unnoticed, they would be key losses. Having Walk-on DBs is also a concern with Kentucky and Georgia coming up.
Kentucky isn’t going to come within 30 points of beating us regardless of who plays or doesn’t play.

My only concern is whether or not we can keeps our RBs and DBs healthy for our last few games. I don’t want to drop one because of our depth issues at RB and DB. Small and Wright’s pass protection goes unnoticed, they would be key losses. Having Walk-on DBs is also a concern with Kentucky and Georgia coming up.
Got two weeks to recover. Whoever made our schedule, thank goodness they added this game where they did.

News flash:
Baseball season ended when Tennessee played its first football game.

Let’s let baseball go and focus on the important sport.
Besides, any professional sport is just filler until the next Vols game (regardless of which sport)

Because 6-0 😎

And

15-0 🤠
Some of us can multitask, Doc.

Forgot to tell this story from Saturday. So one of my best friends from the Navy is one of the biggest Auburn fans I know. He ended up marrying an Alabama fan.. don’t ask me how that happened.

Anyways, he was texting with me all throughout the game and especially at the end of the game and was obviously hoping we would crush Alabama. Well, after the game was over he called me a little later and we were talking about the game and then he goes “bro, I think I’m sleeping on the couch from my excessive celebrations.” Haha. She was not having it. He just text me this morning and said “she’s finally fully speaking to me again”. 😂

I’d love to be a fly on that wall for when they watch the Iron Bowl.

Last edited:
New ones are going around $50k, give or take several thousand depending on trim level. They're way overpriced and are mechanically the same as one several years older. If driving something to hell and back for 20+ years is the main goal...there are more affordable options out there. Don't get me wrong...they're great vehicles...but I don't think they're worth what they go for now.
I don't think anything is worth what it cost now. I have a 18 year old Sequoia that I bought for a few thousand $ two years ago and I absolutely love it. The damn thing is a freakin tank and will go another 2-300,000 if I take care of it. I don't need a new one. If I want another one or a 4-Runner...I sure as heck won't be overspending on anything close to new.

I don't blame folks that have the money to buy whatever they want for doing it, but I don't understand strapping yourself with huge payments if it causes you to struggle to stay ahead.

Anywhere even close to equal talent....and nobody is calling him the GOAT.

A really good coach sure, but it ain't hard to win 95% of your games when you have 2-3 times more stacked high 4* and 5* talent as everyone you play outside of Clemson, UGA and OSU...plus having the officials in your pocket for 15 years just in case having twice as much talent was enough.

I know he is a really good coach, but I will never call him the greatest.

Either way, he figured out how to do it better than anyone else. Recruiting is part of the job. He mastered it.

Either way, he figured out how to do it better than anyone else. Recruiting is part of the job. He mastered it.

Pretty sure the bagmen mastered it, but certainly he is one of the best ever at program building. I agree with McGill that on equal footing, he's a good coach, but not the GOAT he is portrayed to be.

I’ve actually heard a few reputable football people claim that the pick that all the Bama fans are complaining about should have stood.

What are they looking at? Am I deluding myself about that play? It looks like textbook PI to me.

Not pass interference? Yeah, okay…

1666128732804.png

I was fully on the Bailey Train. Didn't think Hendon or Milton would be worth a plugged nickel. I was not prepared for the coaching staff to actually develop players and help them improve over time. I was under the impression that it was the job of the coaches to have a little success initially, watch that success sour suddenly, and then collect their buyout check. Hendon could still get better, and that is incredible. Milton has looked light years better than last year in the limited time we have gotten to see him. With coaches that actually coach and develop our players, I don't think you will need to worry about posters getting bent out of shape over this player or that. The product on the field is continuing to improve and that will shut most of the complaining up.
Ditto

You could put that photo in a referee training dossier with the caption “This is not allowed and is a 15 yard penalty.”

It just pisses me off, because there are media people out there claiming Hooker’s Heisman chances should have taken a hit because he actually had two picks in the game. Absolute bulls**t. Brings back bad memories of all our Heisman screwjobs.

Who are these “reputable” media people? I need names so that I make sure to never listen to them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back