Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest...I don't really care about some of the transfers. I think in hindsight the ones that sting me the most are guys that put in all those years here and left without giving the new staff a real shot.

Ty Chandler
Brandon Johnson
Bryce Thompson
Deandre Johnson

Maybe they just wanted out of Knoxville, but I think Ty was the only one that really improved his stock (and got drafted). Still I feel like last year everyone of them would have started and contributed. Might have been the difference in a few of those close games too. Oh well though. 6-0 on the way to 15-0!!!

We just dropped 52 on Bama and outside of one big run we held Abanikanda in check just like we have with ever other RB this year.

View attachment 503301
Not saying we won't win. I trust our coaches to keep the boys focused. Just get nervous with all the discussions abou GA & playoff scenarios - so if I post that comment I figure I offset any bad karma!

Y'all nothing is going to happen with Burton, by the way.

At best, the SEC will fine UT another $100,000 for allowing fans in contact with players, and then move on.
I don't like your attitude.

1665415717864-gif.503301

If we're going full BVS...I think @ South Carolina is the biggest trap game on the schedule.

With our fans likely selling out the remaining home games I don't see Kentucky or Missouri being problems as far as being motivated/focused. If we lose to Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri and if we upset Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri.

But with South Carolina being a road game and being the end of the season I would worry about that being one we look past thinking about Atlanta.

I really DON'T think that'll be the case, I think the environment that Heupel and staff have created keeps the team focused regardless of who they play. They want to get better at what they do and every Saturday is an opportunity to sharpen their skills, regardless of who you're playing. They also have their goals set on playing in the SEC Championship game and having a shot to make the CFP. So every win is important to accomplish that.

I'll be honest...I don't really care about some of the transfers. I think in hindsight the ones that sting me the most are guys that put in all those years here and left without giving the new staff a real shot.

Ty Chandler
Brandon Johnson
Bryce Thompson
Deandre Johnson

Maybe they just wanted out of Knoxville, but I think Ty was the only one that really improved his stock (and got drafted). Still I feel like last year everyone of them would have started and contributed. Might have been the difference in a few of those close games too. Oh well though. 6-0 on the way to 15-0!!!

The 3 transfers on your list all transferred before Pruitt was fired. Since Pruitt was fired late, guys had already left. There was never a chance for the new staff to talk to them.

Someone would probably have to talk her into it. She probably just wants it to go away.
She's the victim, she is probably trying to play it off like no big deal and wants it to go away, like you say. The problem with letting him get away with it is, who is next in line? . . for that matter, maybe she was next. . . so who has he done it to before and how many times? I wouldn't be surprised if he's had stuff covered up before, cause he's a Bama football player. He needs to be corrected, like a bad dog, before he does something worse to someone else down the line. He did that in front of 100k people, what's he capable of behind closed doors? Punk.

Ty Chandler
Brandon Johnson
Bryce Thompson
Deandre Johnson

Chandler transferred before Pruitt was fired. He had lost his starting job to Gray. In a bit of irony, Brandon Johnson transferred to UCF only to have his HC leave for Tennessee, lol. Bryce went to the NFL and at one point was on the Saints roster. Don't recall Deandre's reasoning for going to Miami.

If we're going full BVS...I think @ South Carolina is the biggest trap game on the schedule.

With our fans likely selling out the remaining home games I don't see Kentucky or Missouri being problems as far as being motivated/focused. If we lose to Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri and if we upset Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri.

But with South Carolina being a road game and being the end of the season I would worry about that being one we look past thinking about Atlanta.

I really DON'T think that'll be the case, I think the environment that Heupel and staff have created keeps the team focused regardless of who they play. They want to get better at what they do and every Saturday is an opportunity to sharpen their skills, regardless of who you're playing. They also have their goals set on playing in the SEC Championship game and having a shot to make the CFP. So every win is important to accomplish that.
1665415717864-gif.503301

In the replay, he does seem to put his hands on the players he is vaulting past.

Back to my computer..... the other rule in question in Hurdling.... This does not require contact just jumping over an upright defender.

RULE 2
SECTION 15. Hurdling ARTICLE 1. a. Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent while that opponent is still on their feet (Rule 9-1-13). b. “On their feet’’ means that no part of the opponent’s body other than one or both feet is in contact with the ground

Rule 9
Hurdling ARTICLE 13. There shall be no hurdling (Exception: The ball carrier may hurdle an opponent). Was our guys on their feet per rule? Did he hurdle over them?

Not in the ESPN replay system I know how to use. On the CBS feed, the second replay after the pandemonium starts shows 47 makes an excellent effort trying to split the center guard tandem who were both still on their feet. Not sure if the intent of the rule is for the feet to be over the frame or the body of the defender being over the frame of the blocker. Leading with his feet he has one arm on and shoulder over our guard and tackle whose hips were pretty much overlapped.

And if any Bama folks want to argue rules show them this one....

Contact Against the Snapper ARTICLE 14. When a team is in scrimmage kick formation, a defensive player may not initiate contact with the snapper until one second has elapsed after the snap (A.R. 9-1-14-I-III)

Number 91 is turning our snapper before the ball is caught by the holder.... stop action is my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back