Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's the victim, she is probably trying to play it off like no big deal and wants it to go away, like you say. The problem with letting him get away with it is, who is next in line? . . for that matter, maybe she was next. . . so who has he done it to before and how many times? I wouldn't be surprised if he's had stuff covered up before, cause he's a Bama football player. He needs to be corrected, like a bad dog, before he does something worse to someone else down the line. He did that in front of 100k people, what's he capable of behind closed doors? Punk.
If losing a game causes him to physically strike people, someone needs to check in on his GF.

If we're going full BVS...I think @ South Carolina is the biggest trap game on the schedule.

With our fans likely selling out the remaining home games I don't see Kentucky or Missouri being problems as far as being motivated/focused. If we lose to Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri and if we upset Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri.

But with South Carolina being a road game and being the end of the season I would worry about that being one we look past thinking about Atlanta.

I really DON'T think that'll be the case, I think the environment that Heupel and staff have created keeps the team focused regardless of who they play. They want to get better at what they do and every Saturday is an opportunity to sharpen their skills, regardless of who you're playing. They also have their goals set on playing in the SEC Championship game and having a shot to make the CFP. So every win is important to accomplish that.
1665415717864-gif.503301

Why Bama didn't just run the ball in that final possession still baffles me. That was entirely on Saban as the HC.

I don’t think it was crystal clear in the moment that he should have, IMO. It would have erased both of our timeouts but I think Bama only had 2 timeouts too and 34 seconds left when they got to 1st and 10 at the UT 32. If they had a strong kicker, then yeah, run the ball. But if you don’t get anywhere running the ball then you still have a 45-50 yard FG and their kicker coming into the game had only made like 3 of his last 6 FGs coming into the game, that’s tough. I think Saban KNEW he needed to get closer because he didn’t trust his kicker but he did trust his Heisman QB to get them closer.

In hindsight, the decision was bad because it left time on the clock for us, but I think Saban thought he could stop us from going 30-40 yards for FG range in 12 seconds too. Oh well, glad it turned out the way it did because this ending was much more fun than an overtime ending.

Dusty and Danny talking about the bama player that hit the girl on the field this morning, so it's made national attention. Said its despicable and unacceptable for a player to do that. The girl clearly made it a point to get out of his way.
Said Saban has a problem on his hands and suspensions should be involved.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out now that it has national attention.
And Dusty (former D-Lineman) said anyone trying to defend it as "that's what happens when you get on the field" is an idiot.

@Ten_Titans

I don't really disagree. Bryce young was outstanding and Bama didn't lose because of poor qb play. Dude looks like mahomes or there. I have a ton of respect for how that kid plays.

Which makes beating him and Alabama all the more meaningful.
I don’t disagree either. Tennessee receivers are absolutely better than Bamas. If Bryce Young doesn’t play, the game looks like the LSU game.

OK I'll admit I've watched the last 15 minutes, time wise, not the last quarter but last 15 minutes of the broadcast 20 times.
Right at the 15 min mark there are about 48 seconds left in the game and even though I obviously know what happens I absolutely love watching it over and over.

Seeing Bryce kneeling on the Bama sideline watching the field goal knowing it's completely out of his control is so sweet!! GBO

For what it's worth...if I had to pick potential 1st round picks from this team in the draft this year.

Hendon Hooker
Darnell Wright (probably the one I'm most confident goes in the 1st round)
Jalin Hyatt (this is an "if" situation, but if he holds his per game averages he'll finish the season 83 catches 1488 yards 25 TDs) not sure he'll -actually- haul in 25 TDs obviously, but I'd say he'll be at 15 or more and that'll be a huge total

I'm curious to see what Tillman does though...he could probably get a medical RS this year but he could also return and have a solid back half of the season and still be a high draft pick I could see him going over 1k yards and 10+ TDs still if he plays the remaining games.

I think Byron Young is also a potential 1st round talent, but think he needs to do more work to get noticed there

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back