Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then buy a nice used one for $15K and drive it for 12 years?
Want a 4runner for $15k? You're probably looking at a nearly 10 year old vehicle with high miles and a mysterious maintenance history. Used vehicles are high right now. There may be a few unicorn 1-owner private sale older 4runners with good miles and well maintained for $15k.

OK I'll admit I've watched the last 15 minutes, time wise, not the last quarter but last 15 minutes of the broadcast 20 times.
Right at the 15 min mark there are about 48 seconds left in the game and even though I obviously know what happens I absolutely love watching it over and over.

Seeing Bryce kneeling on the Bama sideline watching the field goal knowing it's completely out of his control is so sweet!! GBO
What’s that little bitch spewing now

Mens bball picked to finish 3rd in SEC behind UK and Arky.

3 placed on all SEC teams. Vescovi 1st. JJJ and Z on 2nd. Most players on all SEC team in the conference.

I think we could see as many as 5 TN players finish the season on all SEC teams. ON, Phillips, Key, BJE all would be names I'd mention...Aidoo even if he gets more PT (all defensive team potential)

If we're going full BVS...I think @ South Carolina is the biggest trap game on the schedule.

With our fans likely selling out the remaining home games I don't see Kentucky or Missouri being problems as far as being motivated/focused. If we lose to Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri and if we upset Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri.

But with South Carolina being a road game and being the end of the season I would worry about that being one we look past thinking about Atlanta.

I really DON'T think that'll be the case, I think the environment that Heupel and staff have created keeps the team focused regardless of who they play. They want to get better at what they do and every Saturday is an opportunity to sharpen their skills, regardless of who you're playing. They also have their goals set on playing in the SEC Championship game and having a shot to make the CFP. So every win is important to accomplish that.
Hyatt will have another 5 TD day against the cocks. They don't stand a chance

I consider myself a hillbilly. Everybody knows hillbillies are good people. Just look at the Clampetts.
Hillbilly-Redneck-Cracker-Hick...All the same to me...they are meant as a putdown..an huge insult..but to me they are a badge of honor. The absolute best human beings I have ever been privileged to know and live among are called these words.

I absolutely despise pretentious intellectual 💩heads that think they are better and know more than everybody else.

If we're going full BVS...I think @ South Carolina is the biggest trap game on the schedule.

With our fans likely selling out the remaining home games I don't see Kentucky or Missouri being problems as far as being motivated/focused. If we lose to Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri and if we upset Georgia we'll be very focused for Missouri.

But with South Carolina being a road game and being the end of the season I would worry about that being one we look past thinking about Atlanta.

I really DON'T think that'll be the case, I think the environment that Heupel and staff have created keeps the team focused regardless of who they play. They want to get better at what they do and every Saturday is an opportunity to sharpen their skills, regardless of who you're playing. They also have their goals set on playing in the SEC Championship game and having a shot to make the CFP. So every win is important to accomplish that.
Taser.gif
edit: Got Weezer’d

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
One thing that really concerns me in regards to recruiting. We score so much that our band members are totally exhausted after games from playing rockytop. It's probably going to be hard to attract the best musicians giving the amount of time they're having to play. I don't think we're incredibly deep in the tuba position.

Also, the cheerleaders that have to do the push-ups. I mean who'd want to go to a school where you're doing push-ups constantly for four hours?

Unpopular opinion but...to paraphrase Theo Von, don't rush the football field if you aren't ready for football field **** to happen.

Students know they aren't technically allowed down there, and if you get in a players face and he smacks you.. oh well.
I did not see “get in a players face” I saw a cowardly blindside smack!

Hillbilly-Redneck-Cracker-Hick...All the same to me...they are meant as a putdown..an huge insult..but to me they are a badge of honor. The absolute best human beings I have ever been privileged to know and live among are called these words.

I absolutely despise pretentious intellectual 💩heads that think they are better and know more than everybody else.
Amen Brother.

Unpopular opinion but...to paraphrase Theo Von, don't rush the football field if you aren't ready for football field **** to happen.

Students know they aren't technically allowed down there, and if you get in a players face and he smacks you.. oh well.
She wasn't in his face. Your take is unpopular because it's stupid. Fans being within 5 feet of you doesn't give anyone the path to hit someone. Let alone in the face. Let alone while she is about to pass him free of conflict. Multiple layers of stupidity occured from the player. He did it because he was mad about losing.

Hyatt will have another 5 TD day against the cocks. They don't stand a chance

I think he's got a real shot at owning these records before it's all done.

Single-Season Receptions: 76 (Marcus Nash -1997)
Single Game Receptions: 13 (Carl Pickens -1990)
Single-Season Yards: 1298 (Robert Meachem -2006)
Single Game: 256 (Kelley Washington - 2001)
Receiving TDs Career: 25 (Joey Kent)
Receiving TDs Single-Season: 13 (Marcus Nash -1997)

Hyatt has 33 receptions, 595 yards, 10 TDs so far this season. He's sitting at 74 receptions, 1097 yards and 14 TDs for his career

4 TDs = single season record
11 TDs = career record
44 receptions = single season record
704 yards = single season record

He's had a high of 11 receptions (against Pitt) and a high of 207 yards (against Bama). I'd say the receptions may be the one he struggles to break the most, he's playing the deep ball threat this year like Payton last year so he's doing damage with less receptions typically. (had just 6 against Bama and just 5 against LSU, but over 150 yards in both games)

Thinking about things going forward, Hyatt torching the secondary is going to really open things up. Massively.

Safeties have to play deeper, and when he goes on a deep route, that is going to create a massive gulf behind the linebackers that a host of personnel can exploit.

We might not see Hyatt get as many deep balls but he can potentially disrupt the secondaries and open things up for everyone else.

I think Saturday's performance did wonders for the playbook.

We need to absolutely annihilate Kentucky. Their OL is bad and we need to hit Levis often. We are good against the run. Absolutely can’t let them have the satisfaction of playing us close much less beat us.

I saw a line from FanDuel New Jersey that has us -5.5 at home in that game. Seems low to me.

One thing that really concerns me in regards to recruiting. We score so much that our band members are totally exhausted after games from playing rockytop. It's probably going to be hard to attract the best musicians giving the amount of time they're having to play. I don't think we're incredibly deep in the tuba position.

Also, the cheerleaders that have to do the push-ups. I mean who'd want to go to a school where you're doing push-ups constantly for four hours?
Well if they’re tired Sterling can play Dixieland Delight on the pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back