Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that may save Burton here is that this isn’t a hard hit. He doesn’t try to hurt her. but what an idiot for smacking her in the head there
No one strikes another person deliberately without the intent of causing some level of physical harm. If they don't want to hurt you, they won't hit you.

No one strikes another person deliberately without the intent of causing some level of physical harm. If they don't want to hurt you, they won't hit you.
Which is why I also believe attempted murder should also hold the same penalty as murder. You shouldn't get off because you failed.

But I digress.

Trying to understand this KY thing. They have not scored over 27 points in any SEC game this year, and UT is averaging 43 per SEC contest. AND we are at home. Not adding up. And they think they have a better defense that Bama or LSU. I think their fans turn to basketball after that game, UT is going to take them to the shed.

I'll be honest...I don't really care about some of the transfers. I think in hindsight the ones that sting me the most are guys that put in all those years here and left without giving the new staff a real shot.

Ty Chandler
Brandon Johnson
Bryce Thompson
Deandre Johnson

Maybe they just wanted out of Knoxville, but I think Ty was the only one that really improved his stock (and got drafted). Still I feel like last year everyone of them would have started and contributed. Might have been the difference in a few of those close games too. Oh well though. 6-0 on the way to 15-0!!!
All of them were gone BEFORE Pruitt was fired.

Ty Chandler- transferred to UNC
Brandon Johnson- transferred to UCF (to play for Heup)
Bryce Thompson- declared for the draft
Deandre Johnson- booted from the team BY Pruitt

I’m just saying it isn’t a Mixon type strike. But dude should still be suspended but he ain’t going to jail for that

Fantastic. We basically made Bama pee down their leg before the game.

They didn't lose because of that, they lost because our offense is the truth and there was NOTHING they could do to stop it. If there was any "anxiety"...it was because they had a feeling they were about to be embarrassed despite having one of the most talented rosters in CFB.

I saw a line from FanDuel New Jersey that has us -5.5 at home in that game. Seems low to me.
Kentuckys game plan is to bleed the clock. We have to stuff the run force some 3 & outs and jump on them early. When Levis does pass we have to obliterate their porous OL and hit him every chance we get. Their OL is bad.

For what it's worth...if I had to pick potential 1st round picks from this team in the draft this year.

Hendon Hooker
Darnell Wright (probably the one I'm most confident goes in the 1st round)
Jalin Hyatt (this is an "if" situation, but if he holds his per game averages he'll finish the season 83 catches 1488 yards 25 TDs) not sure he'll -actually- haul in 25 TDs obviously, but I'd say he'll be at 15 or more and that'll be a huge total

I'm curious to see what Tillman does though...he could probably get a medical RS this year but he could also return and have a solid back half of the season and still be a high draft pick I could see him going over 1k yards and 10+ TDs still if he plays the remaining games.

I think Byron Young is also a potential 1st round talent, but think he needs to do more work to get noticed there
Hooker won't go first round. NFL is too much in love with measurements. That's why Levis is so highly thought of. Doesn't matter that he kind of sucks, he has all the "measurables". If Hyatt continues to show out, he'll have a decision to make. I hope he returns for his senior season. If Darnell keeps playing like he has, he could move up draft boards. The biggest thing working against him is he's a right tackle. Left tackles tend to be more valued. But I could still see him going in the first to the right team. Tillman will return this season, and he will enter the draft. If he can show he's recovered from his injury, he can still go high. Not sure if it'll be the first round, but he'll at least go on Day 2.

That's my point. He wouldn't be able to prove his claim, but she could prove slander if he made the suggested statement.
joke-missed-joke.gif

Hooker won't go first round. NFL is too much in love with measurements. That's why Levis is so highly thought of. Doesn't matter that he kind of sucks, he has all the "measurables". If Hyatt continues to show out, he'll have a decision to make. I hope he returns for his senior season. If Darnell keeps playing like he has, he could move up draft boards. The biggest thing working against him is he's a right tackle. Left tackles tend to be more valued. But I could still see him going in the first to the right team. Tillman will return this season, and he will enter the draft. If he can show he's recovered from his injury, he can still go high. Not sure if it'll be the first round, but he'll at least go on Day 2.

What measurables is Hooker lacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back