Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taser.gif
edit: Got Weezer’d
giphy.gif

Kentuckys game plan is to bleed the clock. We have to stuff the run force some 3 & outs and jump on them early. When Levis does pass we have to obliterate their porous OL and hit him every chance we get. Their OL is bad.

Could be wrong...but the only RBs I've seen us have some trouble with were the quick/fast guys. And even then we've only given up one explosive play all season to RBs.

Their strength plays into our strength. I don't see Rodriguez being able to churn out 5.5 a carry running between the tackles and I don't think he's got enough speed to outrun our LBs to the corner. Banks and Beasley have REALLY looked good on the edges against RBs. Most of Gibbs' ankle breaking cuts were against secondary guys that over pursued. When it was Banks or Beasley closing on him they typically made the stop.

No one strikes another person deliberately without the intent of causing some level of physical harm. If they don't want to hurt you, they won't hit you.
This may be true for the player in question. If it was the Alabama secondary, they totally hit people knowing it'll have no effect.

Nah I believe in equal rights and equal lefts. Jk.

I think going on the field where you aren't supposed to be anyway and saying stuff to a guy who just lost a long 60 minute football game is a solid recipe for getting smacked no matter what your sex is. I'm sure she's recovering just fine for you pearl clutchers 🙄.

Again, assuming she said something. Seems weird to single her out of hundreds of people for no reason, so I doubt that's what happened.
So saying something is grounds for getting smacked?
So a few words from a girl should cause someone to hit her? Do you have a daughter?
He is making a very stupid argument.

Could be wrong...but the only RBs I've seen us have some trouble with were the quick/fast guys. And even then we've only given up one explosive play all season to RBs.

Their strength plays into our strength. I don't see Rodriguez being able to churn out 5.5 a carry running between the tackles and I don't think he's got enough speed to outrun our LBs to the corner. Banks and Beasley have REALLY looked good on the edges against RBs. Most of Gibbs' ankle breaking cuts were against secondary guys that over pursued. When it was Banks or Beasley closing on him they typically made the stop.
Gibbs is the real deal. If we stuff the run like we have all season we will be fine. Because when Levis drops back he’s been getting killed. He’s been battling injuries all year as well. They do get a bye week this week to get some health back but their OL has really played terribly.

Hooker won't go first round. NFL is too much in love with measurements. That's why Levis is so highly thought of. Doesn't matter that he kind of sucks, he has all the "measurables". If Hyatt continues to show out, he'll have a decision to make. I hope he returns for his senior season. If Darnell keeps playing like he has, he could move up draft boards. The biggest thing working against him is he's a right tackle. Left tackles tend to be more valued. But I could still see him going in the first to the right team. Tillman will return this season, and he will enter the draft. If he can show he's recovered from his injury, he can still go high. Not sure if it'll be the first round, but he'll at least go on Day 2.

What measurable is Hooker missing though is my question.

He's 6'4" 220lbs and has shown against elite defense he has the arm to make any/all the throws. He'll run 4.5s or better and has proven accuracy in two difference offensive systems. If he's sitting in NY for the Heisman award show he'll be a first round pick.

Trying to understand this KY thing. They have not scored over 27 points in any SEC game this year, and UT is averaging 43 per SEC contest. AND we are at home. Not adding up. And they think they have a better defense that Bama or LSU. I think their fans turn to basketball after that game, UT is going to take them to the shed.
It's a lubricant.

Kentuckys game plan is to bleed the clock. We have to stuff the run force some 3 & outs and jump on them early. When Levis does pass we have to obliterate their porous OL and hit him every chance we get. Their OL is bad.

All bleeding out the clock will do is limit us to scoring 35 instead of 70. Still Vols by 25 in that scenario.

I'd imagine there's a bit of UK's favorites sprinkled in the team offense and defense scripts. Maybe not exactly mentioning it to the kids but at least getting used to seeing their favorite 2-3 formations and top 1 or 2 runs/pass concepts.

All bleeding out the clock will do is limit us to scoring 35 instead of 70. Still Vols by 25 in that scenario.
Our philosophy is to score quickly, and in a high percentage of our possessions, while playing a bend but don't break defense that forces you to chew up the clock and shorten the game, while we firm up in the red zone and hold you scoreless or to a field goal.

UK philosophy: Plan to do what they want to force us to do...

I don't see how Kentucky of all teams would be able to successfully chew clock against us. Every team wants to do that, none have succeeded. They can chew clock all they want when we hold them to a few FGs and get a few stops and we score a TD on every possession. Chew clock straight to a faster loss.

Gibbs is the real deal. If we stuff the run like we have all season we will be fine. Because when Levis drops back he’s been getting killed. He’s been battling injuries all year as well. They do get a bye week this week to get some health back but their OL has really played terribly.
They're gonna play us tough. They want revenge for last year (and pretty much every year they've had a football team 😆)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back