Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how Kentucky of all teams would be able to successfully chew clock against us. Every team wants to do that, none have succeeded. They can chew clock all they want when we hold them to a few FGs and get a few stops and we score a TD on every possession. Chew clock straight to a faster loss.
If teams are going to keep trying the bleed the clock approach they better have Georgia’s defense from last year.

What measurables is Hooker lacking?
I believe scouts question his arm strength and whether or not he can "make all the throws". Personally, I think Hooker is a million times better than Levis, but NFL people are in love with Levis. Even Peyton called him an NFL QB. I don't get it myself. I don't look at Levis and see a good NFL QB.

Kentuckys game plan is to bleed the clock. We have to stuff the run force some 3 & outs and jump on them early. When Levis does pass we have to obliterate their porous OL and hit him every chance we get. Their OL is bad.
How'd that work out for them last year? 😆

UK 46:08 - 42pts
UT 13:52 - 45pts

I'm sure it helped them though. If we had the ball for 25mins+, no way they break 30pts and we probably dump 55+ on them.

This guy just keep adding victims

310927952_1546597109144363_8472342426168866737_n.jpg

Could be wrong...but the only RBs I've seen us have some trouble with were the quick/fast guys. And even then we've only given up one explosive play all season to RBs.

Their strength plays into our strength. I don't see Rodriguez being able to churn out 5.5 a carry running between the tackles and I don't think he's got enough speed to outrun our LBs to the corner. Banks and Beasley have REALLY looked good on the edges against RBs. Most of Gibbs' ankle breaking cuts were against secondary guys that over pursued. When it was Banks or Beasley closing on him they typically made the stop.

Yup, agreed. I said the other day I trust this DL against any RB running between the tackles. Rodriguez is not the type of back that will bounce outside and have the speed to get around the edge and break runs. He’s a between the tackles runner that’s hard to bring down and gets a ton of yards after contact. That’s what this DL is good at though. They’ve shown they can completely stall a good running game and good running backs. I bet he gets somewhere around 1/2 of his normal YPC. Something like 2-3 YPC. Wouldn’t even shock time to see less than that. I trust this DL.

What measurable is Hooker missing though is my question.

He's 6'4" 220lbs and has shown against elite defense he has the arm to make any/all the throws. He'll run 4.5s or better and has proven accuracy in two difference offensive systems. If he's sitting in NY for the Heisman award show he'll be a first round pick.
I'm not an NFL scout so I can only tell you what I've read. I haven't seen any projections that have Hooker in the first round. And winning the Heisman doesn't guarantee you get picked in the first round. Like I said, I think Hooker is a far, far better QB than Levis, but the NFL people love Levis. It doesn't make sense to me, but everything I've read has NFL people fawning over the kid. Personally, all I see is a bust.

Yes...but they could have made us use them by running the ball instead of leaving us with them in our pocket for that last drive....and us having them left was huge.
I don't think it ever crossed their mind that they'd burn through 4 plays (including the fg kick) in only 16 seconds.

I don't see how Kentucky of all teams would be able to successfully chew clock against us. Every team wants to do that, none have succeeded. They can chew clock all they want when we hold them to a few FGs and get a few stops and we score a TD on every possession. Chew clock straight to a faster loss.
You can bet they're planning to use Barion Brown's speed on some reverse plays and stuff behind the LOS to try and boost the run game hoping he'll break a big play. They're going to throw some crazy stuff out there out of desperation because I think even they know there's a good chance that our defense will handle their running game.

What measurable is Hooker missing though is my question.

He's 6'4" 220lbs and has shown against elite defense he has the arm to make any/all the throws. He'll run 4.5s or better and has proven accuracy in two difference offensive systems. If he's sitting in NY for the Heisman award show he'll be a first round pick.

Not to mention he arguably has the best deep ball in the country.

The main knock I’ve seen is his age. He will be what 24-25 at draft time? I get the concern over drafting a franchise QB that is a little older, but if Brandon Weeden can get drafted in the first round at 28 years old than Hooker can too if he continues at this rate.

The main knock I’ve seen is his age. He will be what 24-25 at draft time? I get the concern over drafting a franchise QB that is a little older, but if Brandon Weeden can get drafted in the first round at 28 years old than Hooker can too if he continues at this rate.
Atlanta made Mariota their guy, and it's working.

I was listening to sportstalk yesterday and they had that McClain guy from the Houston chronicle. He said he believed that Hooker would be drafted high and his age wasn't a factor since these guys are playing into their late 30's early 40's.

Could be wrong...but the only RBs I've seen us have some trouble with were the quick/fast guys. And even then we've only given up one explosive play all season to RBs.

Their strength plays into our strength. I don't see Rodriguez being able to churn out 5.5 a carry running between the tackles and I don't think he's got enough speed to outrun our LBs to the corner. Banks and Beasley have REALLY looked good on the edges against RBs. Most of Gibbs' ankle breaking cuts were against secondary guys that over pursued. When it was Banks or Beasley closing on him they typically made the stop.
Good point! Makes me feel better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back