Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it ever crossed their mind that they'd burn through 4 plays (including the fg kick) in only 16 seconds.
I think Saban also didn't want the game riding on a 50 yarder and risk overtime against our offense. He put it in the hands of Young to get them closer since he was the only player keeping in the game and the defense stepped up when they needed to.

This guy just keep adding victims

310927952_1546597109144363_8472342426168866737_n.jpg
He should do Pitt too.

I was listening to sportstalk yesterday and they had that McClain guy from the Houston chronicle. He said he believed that Hooker would be drafted high and his age wasn't a factor since these guys are playing into their late 30's early 40's.

I can't imagine a scout not wanting to a draft a 25 year old because he's worried he's only gonna get ~13 years out of him instead of ~16. I mean, if you believe he's the guy for your team, getting 13 years out of any draft pick is incredible.

I think Saban also didn't want the game riding on a 50 yarder and risk overtime against our offense. He put it in the hands of Young to get them closer since he was the only player keeping in the game and the defense stepped up when they needed to.
This. It was a good call. We were just better.

I was listening to sportstalk yesterday and they had that McClain guy from the Houston chronicle. He said he believed that Hooker would be drafted high and his age wasn't a factor since these guys are playing into their late 30's early 40's.
I hope he is. I just haven't seen any projections that put him in the first round. If it were up to me, every one of our guys that declared would go in the first round. But NFL people seem to use some kind of twisted reasoning. It's the only explanation for the Levis love.

Atlanta made Mariota their guy, and it's working.
Little different. Atlanta needed a QB so they signed one. Yes he’s 28 but they didn’t use a 1st round pick to get him. The reason some scouts mention the age thing is because some teams are sketched out about using a 1st round draft pick on a potential franchise QB that’s a little older. Idk ages in front of me but I’d guess that elite 1st round QBs are usually closer to the 20-22 range and have a decade plus of potential playing time as a franchise QB. A decade would put Hooker at 35 years old. Not many starting franchise QBs at 35 or older in the NFL. He’s already close to the same age with no NFL experience as Tua, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, etc. And those guys took a few years (Tua still ain’t there) to get to where they are now. Josh Allen straight up SUCKED for two years before he blossomed.

I think it’s a bit overblown because if you are sure he’s an elite talent and you can get close to a decade with him, I’d pull that trigger without question, but I’m no NFL GM.

Yeah I don’t think it’s as big of a deal as the “draft gurus” are making it out to be. I do think there’s some credence to it, but if you’re a team and you think he’s an elite talent.. you draft him while you have the chance. That simple to me.

Kentucky is making me crack up. What an oblivious fanbase. You are a mediocre football program that happens to schedule lightly when you have an ok team. Congrats.

Running the ball is their strength, our strength is def ending the run. No one has stopped our offense and yet they think they can? What universe do they live on?

I am dying for that game now. The tears that will be shed within the first quarter will be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back