Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so refreshing to not have to sit here and think "well, we might be competitive in 2-3 more years if Heupel is truly the guy. He's gotta get his players first and we've gotta cycle out ALL of Pruitt's players."

Since Kiffin, we've had ridiculous discussions like that in these threads. And then Heupel comes in and just starts winning with the guys he's got.
What Heupel is doing is not normal....it is dang near miraculous. Those are legitimate thoughts.

It's so refreshing to not have to sit here and think "well, we might be competitive in 2-3 more years if Heupel is truly the guy. He's gotta get his players first and we've gotta cycle out ALL of Pruitt's players."

Since Kiffin, we've had ridiculous discussions like that in these threads. And then Heupel comes in and just starts winning with the guys he's got.
Yes indeed.

"Year 2" means something completely different than it used to around here.

Realistically, how much better can the offense get? Hooker has been phenomenal and only a handful of things he could improve on. Our production has been incredible. The O-line has been dominant. Receivers are elite. RB is the only weak spot.

I’m not sure but this could be the best producing offense we see in the next 5-6 years. It’s been so incredible to watch.
We are in great shape if RB is the weak spot. It's not getting talked about much, but they did a great job against Bama, really, against everyone.

Those convos were most prevalent during the Butch era and we were bought in with the year zero and Team 117 BS. So glad it’s a distant memory

Last edited:
The conference hates teams storming the field. I'm sure Sankey will use the Burton incident to further chastise UT for "failure to implement procedures to ensure compliance with SEC policy." Sankey has the power to enforce stricter penalties for violations. It wouldn't be surprising to see him put school admins on notice that he will do so, especially since the fines are relatively inconsequential to SEC schools.
It really is dangerous, but it really looked cool. It doesn’t matter now. We have reestablished ourself now, no reason to storm the field.

No way to really stop it. It is also a very rare thing....NOTHING outside of shooting people was stopping that from happening Saturday....NOTHING.

I can confirm this. The energy in that stadium could be cut with a knife and served on a platter. Any security that tried to stop it would have gotten trampled and they knew it.

Did the floods affect your property like damaging your home, etc??
No...I actually live on a ridgeline instead of down in the river bottom...plus Harlan didn’t get the flooding this time, but we did get really bad flooding here back in 18...Thanks for asking.

Dang, but that’s impressive.
twss.gif

I 100% agree that Heupel is a better human being and I love the way he represents our program. In my opinion, he is the next big time SEC coach.

Saban recruited exactly the way everyone else did. Cheat your ass off, land studs, etc. I don't want to admit that he has been the greatest coach of the recent era but he is. It's amazes me how he can continue a dynasty year after year while losing his entire staff most years. I agree the man is a prick, but the players love the guy for some reason.

I wasn't calling you out specifically. I hear this in multiple circles. The fact of the matter is that half of their job is to land elite recruits to win with and build a winning culture with them. And yes, Kirby smart is a damn good coach. He's not the best, but any coach that wins a title is a damn good coach, period.
You missed my point...the Bama "system" is the reason he got all those recruits, not because he is so great..just like Kirby is the beneficiary of now at UGA.

Saban is no better football coach than Kirby.

What a douche! This guy questions Herbstreit’s objectivity when he ranks UT #2 in the nation because he lives in Franklin, TN (yet his sons play at Clemson). Meanwhile, he’s actively arguing that Georgia might have the most impressive resume in college football (which is an absolute joke right now) and should be ranked #1 while he has Georgia memorabilia on the shelf behind him, he’s actively selling a Georgia book, and he’s offering his listeners a discount code for Doordash with “DAWGS” prominently included in the discount code.

Pretty sure Herbstreit now lives in Cincinnati, and he picked our opponent to win the last 3 games. Typical biased fan doing a podcast or video.

Have you seen the movie?
Yes. What does that have to do with him stating what his favorite line is? Favorite line or not, you (people in general) are an absolute idiot if you post that on social media. 99% of the people who read it are gonna peg you as a racist idiot, or at the very least, an absolute idiot. If you give off the perception, people are gonna question anyone associated with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back