Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was.Bobby Wagner wrong for tackling the protestor during the Rams game a few weeks ago? In no way am i defending Burton here...Just wondering where everyone stands on this with instances that do not involve fandom
Completely different scenario! That’s one idiot versus a whole Fanbase, who are only doing it to celebrate. There wasn’t anyone storming the field to take out Bama players. On top of it, the kid hit a woman. Don’t quite understand the comparison of the two.

I agree. But a black out when we wear black unis would be fun

Umm no.

Fear the Pantone 151.

Too many teams have black as a color.

We are unique. No one has our shade of Orange. Embrace it.

I want our opponents nightmares to be awash in Pantone 151 and White. I want the theme song of their horror movie nightmares to be ROCKY TOP!

15-0 🤠

This is the way!910D6DE6-53D5-4CCE-9940-427B4CE985CD.gif

Hyatt leads the SEC in receiving yards and TDs now and Hooker is 3rd in the SEC in passing yards and passing TDs and we've only played 6 games when the rest of the league (except A&M) has played 7 already.

We lead the SEC in yards per game, points per game, and passing yards per game

8575CEC8-12ED-4DB2-9888-3C7DFA9B6F04.jpeg46105F50-21D2-41D0-8138-CA2A0F0512B4.jpeg

That’s been my response. The GoFundMe is a publicity stunt. It’s truly impressive how Danny White orchestrates good press.

I really want to be the villains, but it’s so much fun that nationally we are heroes for slaying the bama dragons.
Have only had a couple of vandy grads say anything close to negative. And even then they both said that they really enjoyed watching bama lose, but just couldn’t root for Tennessee. I totally understand that sentiment. I did have to grin maniacally and say just wait until our game (vandy- Tennessee)3608A0E3-52CD-4B2E-A4E8-E6BE446D6DC2.gif41D0EDA6-5D8E-48F2-905C-15FCE9AC0411.gif

We can be both Heroes and Villains, correct?

This is a data dump.

Obviously, I based my projections off of a number of computer models. It’s not foolproof but maybe it keeps a bit of my bias in check. jmo.

Anyway, I’m not overlooking anyone. For the record, our opponent this week, UT-M, is ranked #18 in the FCS top 25. Sagarin ranks FBS & FCS together and he has UT-M ranked #151 for all of FBS/FCS. UT-M is 4-2 on the year.

As an aside, UTC is ranked #10 in the FCS top 25 and #127 in Sagarin’s rankings. UTC is 5-1 on the year.

There are 4 models that I look at the most, Phil Steele’s Vegas Power Rating (VPR), Bill Connelly’s SP+, ESPN’s FPI, and Jeff Sagarin’s ratings.

This is how our remaining FBS opponents rank in each of the models this week. VN-Avg is the VolNation Average of the four.

View attachment 503689

This is a table showing the SEC teams our remaining opponents have faced so far this year. Green they won; pink they lost. Missouri hasn’t won a P-5 game yet this year. If Vanderbilt played UTC at UTC, according to Sagarin, UTC would be favored. I'm pointing this out to suggest that Georgia has yet to face a competent offense on the year, let alone the #1 offense in the nation. jmo.

View attachment 503690

This is the game by game projection for each model. The win probability is my own formula which I derived through research. The formula I use is:

=IF(IF((0.02*Margin+0.5)<1,(0.02*Margin+0.5),1)>0,IF((0.02*Margin+0.5)<1,(0.02*Margin+0.5),1),0)

View attachment 503691

If the Georgia game was in Neyland the projected margin would be, using Sagarin 2.24 pts, using SP+ 0.20 pts, using FPI 3.80 pts, and with VPR 2.71 pts. The only real challenge we have with Georgia (on paper) is they have the home field advantage - or at least right now they and most people think they do. We'll find out for sure on Nov 5th. jmo.

Great info!! Curious, what would your models suggest in a Georgia vs Bama matchup in Athens?

Just woken from REM sleep by my dog going absolutely nuts. Let him outside and heard what sounded like a woman (but not quite) screaming from behind the elementary school where my house backs up to.
Some quick research showed it was the mating call of a female fox. Kind of neat, though, I wish it wasn't at 3:00 a.m. Also, before I figured out what it was, it was the creepiest thing I've experienced in a long time.
You can hear what it sounds like at the link.

Had one behind our house and freaked me out. Sounded like an old lady in distress.

My ? Answered in Athletic recruiting mailbag. Turned into a great read. This was written by Ari Wassermann their national recruiting analyst who covers recruiting on a very macro level. He’s been very down on Tennessee the last two-three years I’ve followed his coverage and his analysis on the stars matter podcast on the Andy Staples Show.

Is Tennessee poised to join the elite college football league of recruiting programs with this win/start and NIL combination? — Eric Q.

While Tennessee and Alabama were playing Saturday, I was covering the TCU-Oklahoma State game. I sat in the press box with my computer open streaming that game, feeling some of the worst FOMO I’ve ever experienced. That game, that crowd, the stakes, all of it. I cannot imagine a better full package when it comes to college football. That’s what Tennessee can sell to recruits.
Everyone in the country was watching that game. Most people wished they were there. And when Tennessee won, the subsequent celebration was exactly what you’d expect from a fan base starving to return to national relevance.

Tennessee did just that.

I’ve said many times before that recruits don’t often look at a single game and make their college decisions based on the result.That still is probably the case here. But if there ever were going to be an outlier to that point of view, this game was it. Why? Because this game wasn’t just a W in the win column. This was a program-legitimizing win, not just when it comes to what Josh Heupel is building, but what it has to offer. That stadium, those fans, that win? That’s literally playing college football at the highest level.

The NIL stuff is hard to really predict right now. There is no question that Tennessee was at the forefront of the movement and has some really nice pieces coming in as part of its 2023 class — yes, five-star quarterback Nico Iamaleava is coming to Knoxville — but I’ve always been cautious about crowning a program due to an aggressive collective because everyone is going to catch up. The market will set and Tennessee’s competitors will be more equipped with competing offers than they were out of the gate. That’s why NIL alone was never something I thought could build a program on its own.
But this win combined with NIL? Wow.

Tennessee was cool when I was growing up in Arizona. People wore Vols stuff in Scottsdale. Kids at my school rooted for them. They were the “it” team then.

I have to ask: Has Tennessee been this cool since it won the national title in 1998? I’d venture to say no.

That was the complete package. I cannot imagine how loud it was in that building that day. And it wasn’t just a one-off win — Tennessee is undefeated and firmly in the national championship discussion.

There is no question that how Tennessee fills out the remainder of its class is one of the storylines for the 2023 cycle. The Volunteers currently rank No. 10 nationally and have 21 commitments — six from top-150 national prospects. They can still build on that.

Going from a solid program to one of the “it” programs is one of the more difficult things a coach can do in college football. I can’t imagine how a team could take a bigger step forward on a single Saturday than Tennessee just did.

Umm no.

Fear the Pantone 151.

Too many teams have black as a color.

We are unique. No one has our shade of Orange. Embrace it.

I want our opponents nightmares to be awash in Pantone 151 and White. I want the theme song of their horror movie nightmares to be ROCKY TOP!

15-0 🤠

This is the way!View attachment 503698
that gif of Hyatt running away from Bammer and crowd going nuts please...

One fact about sprye that I really enjoy is the memorabilia that you get throughout the year. Just bought autograph of Jalin Hyatt. There’s no cash value, only what you want to donate. Plus, I now have three autographs for my vol room which makes it more personal to me. Great job @WillAtSpyre
Yeah I bought my hyatt pic yesterday also have a Tillman pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back