Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm saying I don't feel sorry for him IF his decision to not stay retired is what caused "female drama." And I think that in this situation that phrasing is demeaning. I don't even follow NFL so I'm gonna drop this.
I don’t feel sorry for Tom Brady at all…. I don’t care about his drama but have been there myself…. I want to live in a world we aren’t so easily offended by words.

He compared the football season to a military deployment. Whether or not he said the exact words in the title of the article, he's still delusional for making such a statement. Football is nothing like a military deployment. Tom Brady is an asshat.
He said it's almost like a deployment. Not all deployments are created equal. Some are cake and some are hell on Earth. Regardless, however inaccurate of a comparison that might be, it is far less inaccurate than the headline claiming that he believes he sacrifices more than servicemembers, which is an outright lie.

Last edited:
i am begging to whom it may concern... Please can we not talk about former or current political leaders in this thread, as hard as it may be for you to resist. how about we talk about how overrated will levis is and how the UK boards have them giving us the toughest game on our schedule because their defense is so elite!

But seriously take the political hot take somewhere else, no one cares what your opinions are on politics and i have to assume you don't care what mine are either. Politics divide. The Tennessee Volunteers unite us all.

Unrelated...any of you morans know much about mechanics?

My 2009 Ford Escape (the one I want to trade in...but also may just try to fix) has the weirdest issue going on. The battery which is less than 3 months old (could be a lemon, gonna have a few auto parts stores test it and see what they say) will just straight up not have enough juice to start the car. But when I put a volt meter on it reads at 12v and when the car is running reads at 14v (so I am assuming the alternator is working as expected).

But this morning I jumped off, let it warm up in the driveway for a good 10-15 minutes (long enough to heat the frost off windows). Then I drive it about half an hour on the way to work, stop at a gas station to grab a drink and fill up. Turn it off and go in, no lights left on or anything. Come back out and fill up, get in the car to crank it over, put the key in and prime the fuel pump everything working as expected (lights come on dash as normal, hear the fuel pump etc.) then I turn from "on" to "start" and everything goes off and it acts like it's dead. Cycled the key a few times and still nothing. Toss the jump box on and it fires right up, drive to work without issue.

I really don't think it's the battery but I also don't know what else I can check at this point. Could the ignition be going out or something?

I don’t feel sorry for Tom Brady at all…. I don’t care about his drama but have been there myself…. I want to live in a world we aren’t so easily offended by words.
But you want to live in a world where men blame their problems on women?

As a Navy brat who grew up with a father who went on long deployments to dangerous parts of the world all throughout my childhood, yes, Tom Brady's words were offensive to me.

My 2009 Ford Escape (the one I want to trade in...but also may just try to fix) has the weirdest issue going on. The battery which is less than 3 months old (could be a lemon, gonna have a few auto parts stores test it and see what they say) will just straight up not have enough juice to start the car. But when I put a volt meter on it reads at 12v and when the car is running reads at 14v (so I am assuming the alternator is working as expected).

But this morning I jumped off, let it warm up in the driveway for a good 10-15 minutes (long enough to heat the frost off windows). Then I drive it about half an hour on the way to work, stop at a gas station to grab a drink and fill up. Turn it off and go in, no lights left on or anything. Come back out and fill up, get in the car to crank it over, put the key in and prime the fuel pump everything working as expected (lights come on dash as normal, hear the fuel pump etc.) then I turn from "on" to "start" and everything goes off and it acts like it's dead. Cycled the key a few times and still nothing. Toss the jump box on and it fires right up, drive to work without issue.

I really don't think it's the battery but I also don't know what else I can check at this point. Could the ignition be going out or something?
Could need a new starter. I’d say that or alternator. But that’s just from my experience. Feel like I had a similar issue with my F150 years ago but can’t remember what it ended up being

I used to have an '05 Altima. It's been a while, but by my recollection, I was having similar issues to you. Turns out there was a severed/shorted wire in the harness somewhere, in the wire that led to the voltage regulator in the alternator. The alternator was fine. I had it confirmed by a mechanic before cutting into any wires, but essentially, I spliced a second wire in, a few inches from the alternator electrical connection, and ran that to the fuse location for that wire, and everything worked fine after.

Could need a new starter. I’d say that or alternator. But that’s just from my experience. Feel like I had a similar issue with my F150 years ago but can’t remember what it ended up being

I am leaning alternator...it's at 140k miles and I don't think it's ever been replaced, but then I'm also not sure since the volt meter reads like the alternator is charging when it's running. Starter I'd think it'd still try to crank but just wouldn't engage. And I'd think a bad starter wouldn't fire off when jumped off?

He's got a son with his ex-girlfriend that he basically pretends doesn't exist. He left her while she was 3 months pregnant for supermodel Gisele. Not sure how "devoted" to these things he is, but he sure is devoted to himself.
Would be cool if that son goes to the league and breaks all his records.

I am leaning alternator...it's at 140k miles and I don't think it's ever been replaced, but then I'm also not sure since the volt meter reads like the alternator is charging when it's running. Starter I'd think it'd still try to crank but just wouldn't engage. And I'd think a bad starter wouldn't fire off when jumped off?
It's possible the alternator is overcharging the battery because the voltage isn't being regulated. I can't remember the exact logic.

I used to have an '05 Altima. It's been a while, but by my recollection, I was having similar issues to you. Turns out there was a severed/shorted wire in the harness somewhere, in the wire that led to the voltage regulator in the alternator. The alternator was fine. I had it confirmed by a mechanic before cutting into any wires, but essentially, I spliced a second wire in, a few inches from the alternator electrical connection, and ran that to the fuse location for that connection, and everything worked fine after.

Yeah this is what I'm fearing/wondering...cause a short would explain why it's so hit or miss. Like before vacation I had the issue, died on me at work and I jumped it off to get home then parked it. Next morning wouldn't start so I drove my truck a couple days. Then I jumped off the Escape just to move it while we were gone. Left for a full week, came back and it fired right up after sitting for a week. o_O

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
It's elite coaching and development. That's something we haven't seen in our football program in a long time.

I know what you mean. Still feels like a dream right now. We had the false hope during the Butch years in 2015-16, but that entire time, it felt like we had elite talent making miracles happen out of terrible coaching and play calling.

How is there a receiver running wide open dang near every play?

Note: 1D+TD% is a measure of offensive efficiency. It's what % of your total offensive plays (TP) end in either a 1D or TD. This metric by design does not include any scores by defenses or special teams. It's only about offense. For example: our offense had 29 1Ds and 7 TDs in 70 plays against Alabama; their offense had 32 1Ds and 5 TDs in 83 plays against our defense. Our offensive efficiency by this metric was 51.43% against their vaunted defense; their offensive efficiency was 44.58% against our much maligned defense.

View attachment 503661

Speaking of our defense, when Tim Banks told the Knoxville QB club that stats don't always tell the whole story it raised some eyebrows. He was being asked about our pass defense. I think maybe I've figured out his strategy. Obviously, we'd like to have improved pass coverage. Heupel even mentioned that again Wednesday night on Vol Calls but here's what I think is maybe our backup plan. We stop the run. We're 2nd in the conference behind Georgia at stopping the run (10th in the nation). Then we play redzone defense. We're 3rd in the conference for redzone defense, behind A&M and Georgia. We're 13th best in the nation for redzone defense. From there we put the game into the hands of our offense which is #1 in the conference and #1 in the nation. Obviously, so far this strategy, if it is in fact our strategy, seems to be working as we're undefeated and perched on the #3 rung of what AP sports writers consider the best teams in the land. jmo.
Thanks!!!
I’m a numbers nerd, and no stat has ever intrigued me as much as this. Amazing snap shot of what it takes to win… all of these yards per play don’t really tell much for me…

Side note: I found a stat in basketball that similarly tells if you’re going to win: assist-to-turn over ratio. If you get more assist than turnovers there is a very high chance you’ll win… I know, seems obvious, but it’s a stat you never hear about. It’s a way better stat than shooting percentage, but that’s the stat that grabs headlines

I am quite certain—particularly with the amount of “work” Brady has gotten over the last year—that the dude coming back out of retirement and other recent antics stem from a bad case of midlife crisis.

Would not be surprised if his upcoming split with Giselle also involves some infidelity on his behalf.

Anyways, screw Brady and his bumbling mess of a 2022, what about them talk of the town Vols?

I think you can jump a car with a bad starter

But this would be a great time for the mechanically inclined to jump in

How is there a receiver running wide open dang near every play?

From what I've read it's because our tempo makes it impossible for defenses to substitute personnel, so it allows the coaches to quickly find mismatches in the defense and exploit them over and over. There's also the fact that we have really good WRs who can get separation.

If not the starter or alternator it could be a battery cable that is about to go out.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back