Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ma
Unrelated...any of you morans know much about mechanics?

My 2009 Ford Escape (the one I want to trade in...but also may just try to fix) has the weirdest issue going on. The battery which is less than 3 months old (could be a lemon, gonna have a few auto parts stores test it and see what they say) will just straight up not have enough juice to start the car. But when I put a volt meter on it reads at 12v and when the car is running reads at 14v (so I am assuming the alternator is working as expected).

But this morning I jumped off, let it warm up in the driveway for a good 10-15 minutes (long enough to heat the frost off windows). Then I drive it about half an hour on the way to work, stop at a gas station to grab a drink and fill up. Turn it off and go in, no lights left on or anything. Come back out and fill up, get in the car to crank it over, put the key in and prime the fuel pump everything working as expected (lights come on dash as normal, hear the fuel pump etc.) then I turn from "on" to "start" and everything goes off and it acts like it's dead. Cycled the key a few times and still nothing. Toss the jump box on and it fires right up, drive to work without issue.

I really don't think it's the battery but I also don't know what else I can check at this point. Could the ignition be going out or something?
Maybe the starter ?

247 guys talking about how loud the stadium was and the earthquake it created

Wes said that it was so loud that the press box started to shake. It's not rare for A&M or some of the Florida stadiums because they're sitting on sand-based soil. Very rare for Neyland Stadium in East tn. Wes said the press box moved at several different points during the 4th quarter.

Other games that were in the realm of Neyland Stadium on Saturday:

Georgia blocked punt returned for TD in 2013

Oklahoma game in 2015

1998 Florida

2001 Georgia when Travis Stephens scored on a screen pass

1999 auburn on the first play of the game, pick 6 - Cole cubelic still refers to this as the loudest moment/stadium he has ever witnessed

2006 Cal and 2004 Florida just outside their top 5

The long Hyatt TD later in the game was the moment that the press box started shaking like crazy. Ben said he got scared 😆

They all agreed that those were just moments though, and Saturday was sustained chais for the whole game. Multiple moments of the stadium exploding.

I wasn’t there Saturday unfortunately but was there for several others on this list. I think the loudest single moment I have experienced in Neyland was the blocked punt against UGA in 2013. It got insanely loud when we blocked it — and then somehow got louder when we picked it up and took it in for the TD.

Kentucky doesn't stand a chance if the stadium is even 75% as sold for that game as it was for Bama.

Not that they did anyway. But it's gonna go from Vols victory to beatdown.

Are you joking? The Kentucky Wildcats play in front of 61,000 smart shoppers nearly every Saturday at their sold-out grocery store. Neyland will not intimidate them.

…Wes said that it was so loud that the press box started to shake. It's not rare for A&M or some of the Florida stadiums because they're sitting on sand-based soil. Very rare for Neyland Stadium in East tn. Wes said the press box moved at several different points during the 4th quarter…

Nah, Wes.
D624D480-8E06-4BA6-A1D5-668DC76D43F8.gifBut that’s pretty cool.

Last edited:
View attachment 503674

“a collective effort to contain their nonsense to the Sugar Bowl” 😍😍😍

butthurt-dontgetbutthurt.gif

Have you considered Tom Brady was the one not being supportive to Gisele? It's silly to make blame a one-way street in a relationship.
I'm not sure why we, as voyeuristic strangers, should dare to opine about their relationship at all. It's, quite frankly, none of our business and we all have no idea what we're talking about when we engage in celebrity gossip.

I wasn’t there Saturday unfortunately but was there for several others on this list. I think the loudest single moment I have experienced in Neyland was the blocked punt against UGA in 2013. It got insanely loud when we blocked it — and then somehow got louder when we picked it up and took it in for the TD.
I think what made Saturday so special is that it was pretty much all those other games rolled into one:

* multiple long TDs, plenty of Vols scoring (Cal 06)
* got on their ass early (OU 15)
* opponent botched special teams play(s) (UGA 13)
* game winning field goal (Florida 04, 98)
* overcoming the indomitable foe, and field rush (Florida 98)

One game at a time. Can’t look ahead to Georgia, or we will slip up to Kentucky. We will be UK’s Super Bowl, and we know they will have a bunch of wrinkles installed to try to upset us.

UK's wrinkles...
Kroger's sprinkles....
Stoop's call sheet gets crinkles....

It don't matter... Vols by fiddy.

Not sure how you can compare during the game with after the game, or stopping someone from doing something they should not to a player punching people for no reason, or tackling a man everyone wants stopped to a man punching a woman that’s doing nothing to him. And not sure how being a fan changes any of that.
ok where was the uproar when a va tech player leveled an old dominion fan after the game on the field this year, where was the uproar when a Texas tech fan shoved a Texas player on the field after the game this year.....crickets...fandom.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
What are the odds that Alex Golesh is a head coach next year? [Paraphrasing]

-AP

My "worry" meter on assistants leaving is

1. Banks
2. Golesh
3. BJM

I think most the rest of the staff likes where they are and will be more than happy to stay here and continue being positional coaches. Pope is going to likely be very loyal to Heupel for giving him his shot and elevating him, and if he stays with Heupel I could see him elevating within rather than leave to go somewhere else, but I think he'll put in a few years at WR coach before looking into becoming an OC.

I say Banks because he was being floated for some HC vacancies last year. I think if Campbell leaves Iowa State that Alex might be very desirable up there.

The Audible

Bruce: Alabama went down in Knoxville by the Vols. Are you shocked, surprised, enthralled?

Stewart: Enthralled would be the world. That might be the most exciting regular season football game that I've seen since Bush Push (2005). I'm sure I'm forgetting something. There's the Kick Six. But everything that went into this game. If Tennessee had beat them 10-7 it would still be just as cathartic, when you've waited that long to beat your rival. But the nature of this game. This was an elite quarterback duel. That was Bryce Young's best game of his career. He consistently wowed me, like Manziel. And he LOST. For Alabama to give up 52 points, the most since 1907. You asked if I'm shocked, I'm not shocked that they lost but I'm shocked that they gave up 52 points. Their defense came in ranked number 1 or 2, and Hendon Hooker and Tennessee did whatever they wanted. Hyatt running wide open behind DBs, Alabama committing all these penalties.

Bruce: Gave up a lot of big plays. The Texas game, they probably should have lost. A&M game they didn't look well at all, but they didn't have Young. In this game they were just reeling. They looked like they did not have any answers for Hendon Hooker and that offense. Hyatt was the other big star of the weekend. You don't ever remember seeing a guy have a game like that, as a receiver -- Cedric Tillman, by the way, their big star receiver is out. I just thought that it was an amazing day in Knoxville. That fanbase has been through A LOT. For the last 15 years dating back to Fulmer, to Kiffin breaking their heart, to the disaster of Dooley, all the way through with Pruitt. RIght here I would say, when they hired Heupel, I was like eh, but maybe this is the best they could do. They had a Chancellor talking about the NCAA scandal and Level 1 violations. People at UCF were not sad to see Heupel go. But he has really lit a spark there, he's pushed a lot of the right buttons. Hendon Hooker - he left VT where they are horrific on offense and horrific in general, goes to Tennessee. They named a street after Tee and Peyton, they may need to start looking for another one for Hendon.

Stew: It's not like he played like this at VT. He was the starter, he was ok. Man what a difference a coach and a staff makes. I'm looking back, Heupel took over for Frost and had an undefeated season, then 10-3, then 6-4. Then Tennessee with what was oging on with Pruitt and Fulmer. They bring in their new AD and then he brings in Heupel. People were not jumping up and down saying great job. He has made them relevant nationally, they are in the college football playoff mix. Hendon Hooker I think is the Heisman frontrunner.

Bruce: He should be. He's my number one guy.

Stew: The way they won, Hooker getting them down the field to set up the game winning field goal.

[they talk about Saban and Bill O Brien getting outcoached down the stretch]

Bruce: That was about as entertaining start to finish of a football game as I've seen.

Stew: the botched handoff that Alabama runs in. And they STILL LOST. All credit to Tennessee. The resilience. How many times do you see a program like that, they get their hopes up just in time to get squashed. They did it. The goalposts. The cigar smoke. The fact that they played Dixieland Delight. The Alabama home game tradition. That came on while Heupel was doing his postgame interview, I'm like oh my goodness they went there. Everything that you love about college football all wrapped up in that game.
Nobody...nobody..especially stupid UCF fans...ever looks at UCFs 2019 and especially the 2020 record objectively. It takes too much effort to see past the easy numbers 10-3 and 6-4 and REALLY study those seasons.

When Heupel was first hired, as soon as we got the news I did just a little digging and saw the truth....IF you give Heupel SEC talent, he is going to put massive amounts of offense up, I knew that if he could just build a decent defensive staff here that it would start to turn around in a few years.

I did not know that he could take the players he inherited and do THIS...THIS..objectively makes zero sense.

THIS is what I thought COULD happen once he had a real SEC QB, and real SEC WRs, and a real SEC OL.

He and his staff have taken leftovers and made a gourmet meal. He has taken a VT cast-off and molded him into a true Heisman contender, he has taken a less than mediocre WR corp and produced MULTIPLE Biletnikoff candidates, he has taken a garbage OL and molded it into one of the best and most reliable OLs in CFB.

That doesn't make any sense...at all...none.

And now this is the obvious objective truth to anybody that really pays attention..if this guy can just build a better than average defense...he will win championships at Tennessee.

My "worry" meter on assistants leaving is

1. Banks
2. Golesh
3. BJM

I think most the rest of the staff likes where they are and will be more than happy to stay here and continue being positional coaches. Pope is going to likely be very loyal to Heupel for giving him his shot and elevating him, and if he stays with Heupel I could see him elevating within rather than leave to go somewhere else, but I think he'll put in a few years at WR coach before looking into becoming an OC.

I say Banks because he was being floated for some HC vacancies last year. I think if Campbell leaves Iowa State that Alex might be very desirable up there.

I would move Banks down the list. The narrative that we suck defensively has become widespread, and I would guess a lot of ADs probably feel like he would be a tough sell to their fans, at this point.

In a couple of years, though…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back