Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was.Bobby Wagner wrong for tackling the protestor during the Rams game a few weeks ago? In no way am i defending Burton here...Just wondering where everyone stands on this with instances that do not involve fandom
Totally different scenario...it is not the same.

Never said that but some women are to blame…. Just like not all guys are emotionallly and physically abusive…. Tom is having a breakdown right now and it’s probably tied to his issues at home. I went through the issues during my first marriage…. Now I have a great supportive partner….The house is always calm, enjoyable I am a very lucky man but I have been on the other side as well.

Why would what Tom Brady say offend you? He doesn’t share your experiences.I agree what he said was idiotic but people allow words to bother them way too easily.
I know I said I was dropping i & I know you were talking to Weezer, but you're the one who brought up two relatively offensive terms in a discussion ("female drama" and "easily offended by words." Certainly you're entitled to your opinion but you missed my point (or maybe just disagree with it, which is fine). Your use of "female drama" in this instance was pejorative towards women & inferred that Giselle has caused Tom's issue, not Tom actually making his own decisions. You seem like you're projecting your marital history into this situation. I have no idea if Brady is having a breakdown or not (highly doubt you know either). Also, I'm not easily offended (& certainly not by total strangers).

On the VQ podcast, the question was asked who will be back next year? AP gave the following breakdown:

Byron Young: Out of eligibility
Omari Thomas: I think he will be back
Jalin Hyatt: I think he will be back (more than 50% chance)
Jeremy Banks: Will not be back
Bru McCoy: I think he will be back
I know Keyton is a Senior, does he have another year of eligibility?

Will Levis is a heisman candidate/top QB in the draft. He is unstoppable.
Levis and the Wildcats:

R.04437c2aedaab820c5ea08e783893958

What also baffles me...teams aren't really generating great pressure on us either.

So some how they aren't getting to Hendon but also our WRs are running open. Like where are their players at?!?!

I thought this was one of his best throws all night, until the last drive. He really threaded it on this one right between the safety and corner.

My "worry" meter on assistants leaving is

1. Banks
2. Golesh
3. BJM

I think most the rest of the staff likes where they are and will be more than happy to stay here and continue being positional coaches. Pope is going to likely be very loyal to Heupel for giving him his shot and elevating him, and if he stays with Heupel I could see him elevating within rather than leave to go somewhere else, but I think he'll put in a few years at WR coach before looking into becoming an OC.

I say Banks because he was being floated for some HC vacancies last year. I think if Campbell leaves Iowa State that Alex might be very desirable up there.
Banks isn’t doing well enough to worry about, imo. Golesh will get legit HC offers

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Fans looking ahead won’t affect the team in any way whatsoever
You are absolutely right...but players are human beings. I want them focused and angry against UK. They probably will be, but it is understandably human to overlook the vicious little wildcat in front of you on the trail when there is a massive lion coming at you right behind it.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right...but players are human beings. I want them focused and angry against UK. They probably will be, but it is understandably human to overlook the vicious little wildcat in front of you on the trail when their is a massive lion coming at you right behind it.
I'm not sure they're overlooking anyone. They just go out there and act like they're having fun. A lot of teams are "all business". That's not the vibe I get from this team. I truly believe they love playing this game, love playing for Coach Heupel and the University of Tennessee, and love playing in front of and for all the Tennessee fans.

IF Golesh were to leave, I think Halzle gets promoted to OC. I don't think BJM will make a lateral move. He only leaves if it's to become a DC. And if Banks leaves, I think it very possible BJM could get promoted to DC. But coaching turnover is an unfortunate consequence of success. I trust Heupel to find replacements when needed.

Yep, you're on the same mindset as I am. I think Golesh only leaves to be a HC and I think he'll be selective, but if he leaves Halzle likely becomes OC. I also think BJM isn't leaving for anything except a P5 DC job, but also think he's the Banks replacement if the timeline works out that way.

Last edited:
I know I said I was dropping i & I know you were talking to Weezer, but you're the one who brought up two relatively offensive terms in a discussion ("female drama" and "easily offended by words." Certainly you're entitled to your opinion but you missed my point (or maybe just disagree with it, which is fine). Your use of "female drama" in this instance was pejorative towards women & inferred that Giselle has caused Tom's issue, not Tom actually making his own decisions. You seem like you're projecting your marital history into this situation. I have no idea if Brady is having a breakdown or not (highly doubt you know either). Also, I'm not easily offended (& certainly not by total strangers).
I will make this simpler…. I don’t give two sh&ts about Tom Brady or his marital situation…. I don’t give a d$mn if it is his fault or her fault…. The original comment was based on what I thought another poster was referring too…. I got drug back in bc I hate terms like demeaning and offended…. Those are very sensitive type of terms and have led to the the way people interact today. I am never offended by anything and the world would be a better place if more people was like that, imo.

I will make this simpler…. I don’t give two sh&ts about Tom Brady or his marital situation…. I don’t give a d$mn if it is his fault or her fault…. The original comment was based on what I thought another poster was referring too…. I got drug back in bc I hate terms like demeaning and offended…. Those are very sensitive type of terms and have led to the the way people interact today. I am never offended by anything and the world would be a better place if more people was like that, imo.

Sounds like you’re offended that other people get offended

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back