Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the UT's social media profile avi of the week has coincided with the uniforms every week this year. Any chance we incorporate any blue to our set this week? Likely not, but even a small detail on the helmet would be cool.
I've noticed the blue as well but I don't think they'd do that.

Unrelated...any of you morans know much about mechanics?

My 2009 Ford Escape (the one I want to trade in...but also may just try to fix) has the weirdest issue going on. The battery which is less than 3 months old (could be a lemon, gonna have a few auto parts stores test it and see what they say) will just straight up not have enough juice to start the car. But when I put a volt meter on it reads at 12v and when the car is running reads at 14v (so I am assuming the alternator is working as expected).

But this morning I jumped off, let it warm up in the driveway for a good 10-15 minutes (long enough to heat the frost off windows). Then I drive it about half an hour on the way to work, stop at a gas station to grab a drink and fill up. Turn it off and go in, no lights left on or anything. Come back out and fill up, get in the car to crank it over, put the key in and prime the fuel pump everything working as expected (lights come on dash as normal, hear the fuel pump etc.) then I turn from "on" to "start" and everything goes off and it acts like it's dead. Cycled the key a few times and still nothing. Toss the jump box on and it fires right up, drive to work without issue.

I really don't think it's the battery but I also don't know what else I can check at this point. Could the ignition be going out or something?
I’d say the battery has got a dead cell in it. Take it somewhere where they can put a load on the battery and check it then

I think what made Saturday so special is that it was pretty much all those other games rolled into one:

* multiple long TDs, plenty of Vols scoring (Cal 06)
* got on their ass early (OU 15)
* opponent botched special teams play(s) (UGA 13)
* game winning field goal (Florida 04, 98)
* overcoming the indomitable foe, and field rush (Florida 98)

Saturday was mass catharsis for hundreds of thousands of people.

It seems the UT's social media profile avi of the week has coincided with the uniforms every week this year. Any chance we incorporate any blue to our set this week? Likely not, but even a small detail on the helmet would be cool.
I dont care for women's B Ball, but I know many do...... I've always kinda thought it would be cool to do something with the blue from the Lady Vols on a weekend like this as a tribute to Pat. I know to many it would mean a lot.

Afraid I may be like the Vol fan that tore his ACL. Ankle isn’t healing. Any advice based on the pic @VolsDoc81TX ?
View attachment 503788
deadwood-doctor.gif

You’re suggesting we would be okay with a Tennessee player striking a female fan that stormed through field with good intentions????
tell me where I said anything about this is ok?
My take is if she presses charges he should be arrested for assault and I would have no problem if the SEC forces UT to file criminal trespassing charges on her. In fact I would expect the SEC make changes in the fines from this point on...ie loss of scholarship for that sport. There is way to much emotion on the field after games, it is a powderkeg waiting to blow.

I dont care for women's B Ball, but I know many do...... I've always kinda thought it would be cool to do something with the blue from the Lady Vols on a weekend like this as a tribute to Pat. I know to many it would mean a lot.

Summit Blue on Homecoming Weekend on the uniforms, absolutely would mean a lot. Hell just outline the white numbers with it on the orange uniforms and I'd be pretty tickled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back