Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts have always been. Blue stripe down the helmet, Blue outline on the jerseys, Blue stripe down the pants, blue gloves sleeves, mouthpieces. Take the items and auction them off and donate the money to the PS foundation.

Brilliant idea. I think the university could really do some good with more one-of equipment and auctions. Even if they wanted to tie it in with NIL I wouldn't be upset about it.

He's got a son with his ex-girlfriend that he basically pretends doesn't exist. He left her while she was 3 months pregnant for supermodel Gisele. Not sure how "devoted" to these things he is, but he sure is devoted to himself.
Remember reading it was his mom and dad who forced him to acknowledge the child as his and pay child support.

I will make this simpler…. I don’t give two sh&ts about Tom Brady or his marital situation…. I don’t give a d$mn if it is his fault or her fault…. The original comment was based on what I thought another poster was referring too…. I got drug back in bc I hate terms like demeaning and offended…. Those are very sensitive type of terms and have led to the the way people interact today. I am never offended by anything and the world would be a better place if more people was like that, imo.
Fair enough. Except for your Dodgers fandom, I think you're good guy. GBO!

On the VQ podcast, the question was asked who will be back next year? AP gave the following breakdown:

Byron Young: Out of eligibility
Omari Thomas: I think he will be back
Jalin Hyatt: I think he will be back (more than 50% chance)
Jeremy Banks: Will not be back
Bru McCoy: I think he will be back
A question that is impossible to answer right now.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Afraid I may be like the Vol fan that tore his ACL. Ankle isn’t healing. Any advice based on the pic @VolsDoc81TX ?
View attachment 503788
I might be a part time Dr so I guess I can diagnose you and its a good thing you caught me on a Thursday because Friday I am a BBQ chef. I do not think your ankle should be turning purple and your ankle should not be swelling. Other than that it looks pretty good. You can get maybe an X-Ray and post on here and I am sure one of VN many radiologist can read it for you.

On a serious note , you might want to get that checked out

On Oct 29th when we play Kentucky. We will be 7-0.

Besides 1998, as best I can tell the last time Tennessee started 7-0 was Bill Battle's 1969 team.

When we beat Kentucky, we will be 8-0 going to Athens for the first time since (besides 1998), Bowden Wyatt led the Vols to 10-0 in 1956.
The college football world is gonna be terrified when we hit 9-0 with wins over Pitt, UF, LSU, Alabama, UK, & UGA! . . I might even be a little scared of the Vols at that point.

Note: 1D+TD% is a measure of offensive efficiency. It's what % of your total offensive plays (TP) end in either a 1D or TD. This metric by design does not include any scores by defenses or special teams. It's only about offense. For example: our offense had 29 1Ds and 7 TDs in 70 plays against Alabama; their offense had 32 1Ds and 5 TDs in 83 plays against our defense. Our offensive efficiency by this metric was 51.43% against their vaunted defense; their offensive efficiency was 44.58% against our much maligned defense.

View attachment 503661

Speaking of our defense, when Tim Banks told the Knoxville QB club that stats don't always tell the whole story it raised some eyebrows. He was being asked about our pass defense. I think maybe I've figured out his strategy. Obviously, we'd like to have improved pass coverage. Heupel even mentioned that again Wednesday night on Vol Calls but here's what I think is maybe our backup plan. We stop the run. We're 2nd in the conference behind Georgia at stopping the run (10th in the nation). Then we play redzone defense. We're 3rd in the conference for redzone defense, behind A&M and Georgia. We're 13th best in the nation for redzone defense. From there we put the game into the hands of our offense which is #1 in the conference and #1 in the nation. Obviously, so far this strategy, if it is in fact our strategy, seems to be working as we're undefeated and perched on the #3 rung of what AP sports writers consider the best teams in the land. jmo.
That is an unheard of number against Bama.

I think if Bama drops that game to TAMU, it makes our win less likely, and I feel the same way here.

Don't think UF realistically helps us win the East either. Very unlikely to win the East if we lose to Georgia, very unlikely to lose the East if we beat Georgia...regardless of this one.
If UF beats UGA, then even if we lose to UGA - the loser of the SECCG - say UGA or Bama, is out of the playoffs and we're definitely the 2nd SEC team in at 11-1. UF beating UGA would be huge for us.

If UF beats UGA, then even if we lose to UGA - the loser of the SECCG - say UGA or Bama, is out of the playoffs and we're definitely the 2nd SEC team in at 11-1. UF beating UGA would be huge for us.
Yeah even though UF plays UGA tough, I just don't see them beating UGA unless Richardson has another game of his life moment like he did with us.

Last edited:
56, according to that. Projected score of something like 31-25.
seems low i think. i'm sure UK will score some points. but that offense isn't the juggernaut that won't punt or possibly turn it over, so unless we just crap our pants, i could see us getting 3+ more possessions than them, and at that point, we should definitely cover, i would think? add a score to us and take one way from them? 38-20ish type game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back